bp weapons pack v1.4

Brettzies

v1.4 - available

mod_db_image_12_500.jpg

Full Mod: Weapon Pack v1.4 - FileFront Link

Full Mod: Weapon Pack v1.4 - ModDb Link

Teaser: Weapon Pack v1.4 - Teaser Movie

v1.4 Additions

This is actually a pretty big addition to the mod and goes beyond just weapons. However, in the interest of continuity I’m leaving it as a weapons pack. About two and a half weeks ago(now 3), I began experimenting with the Ghost models to see if something could be done like in GRAW1 with the player’s team using the Mexican Special Forces model. Turns out it was pretty easy to do, but opened up a lot of possiblities for changing the look of the Ghosts.

I didn’t feel just swapping bodies with the enemy and changing some camo patterns was significant enough to warrant a release on its own. Therefore, I decided to add a few weapons, gear, and finally made an eotech sight. I picked the M4 Combat Shotgun since I thought it would be fairly unique and easy to build. Turns out that may have been a mistake as you will see in the future. I also put in a Sig552 Commando since it fits close to some of the in-game animations and I’ve always thought it was a nice looking weapon. Both can be used as secondary weapons, but the Sig552 can also be used as a primary.

To finish things off, I put in some new headgear for the Ghosts to further distinguish them. It doesn’t seem like much, but was quite an undertaking to get working correctly. A ballcap, boonie hat, and mich2001 helmet with or without nightvision. I customized each Ghost to look a bit unique in single player, but also converted the multiplayer portion of the game to use this new gear and uniforms.

Sig552 Commando

·available as primary or secondary

·semi auto, burst, and full auto fire modes

·custom tweaked sounds

·suppressor attachment

·multiple scope attachments

·working ironsights

Eotech

·built an eotech sight and added it to the following weapons:

·M16A4, M4A1, M468, Sig552, Rx4, M416, Scar L, Scar H

Multiplayer Kits

·added new kits to take advantage of the Sig552

Benelli M4 Shotgun

·available as a secondary weapon

·aimpoint or ironsights

·custom tweaked sounds

New Look Ghosts

·new gear and unifrom for each Ghost

·ballcap with or without headset

·boonie hat

·mich2001 with or without nightvision, up or down

·used in multiplayer as well as single player

New Look Marines

·new gear and unifrom for USMC in sp

·use M16A4s and M4A1s

I'm going to release this version of the mod today since I feel like I've done about all can stand for the moment : ) Undoutably there will be hiccups but hopefully few. When the patch comes out next week, I'll look at the changes and any issues that come up between now and then, and adjust accordingly.

The installation is very easy but it will overwrite your context.xml, so back that up if you have anything you want to keep in there. Read the docs for further notes on installation, but basically just extract bp_weapons_pack_v1.4.zip(not the main downloaded zip) into your Graw2 main dir and go.

Special thanks to GRIN_Wolfsong for debugging the bunlde file and providing info on various problems that creep up.

------------------------For Easy Customization without unbundling-----------------------

If you don't want to unbundle the whole thing, but still want to be able to customize the headgear or ammo counts, you can download this file and unzip it into your main Graw2 dir. It should put the lib folder in the correct place(local/bp_weapons_pack_v1.4) if you did the normal installation. If not, just move it to whatever folder you have the files in.

bp_weapons_pack_v1.4/lib directory and files

It's very small, less then 1meg.

ghost_templaters for headgear

weapon_data for ammo

GRIN_Wolfsong: People playing on Vista may have to go into their user/appdata/local folder and find GRAW2 there and delete all their XMB files for it to work properly.

--------------------For Patch1.05 you will have to UNBUNDLE the mod-----------------------

Looks like the bundle will cause problems with the new patch. You will have to unbundle the whole mod...see this thread or others in general modding for various ways to do that. However, you won't be able to use some of the new features in Patch1.05, like the 2 new GRIN weapons.

Unbundling locations: page 5 post#70

Unbundling instructions: page 6 post #83

Edited by Brettzies

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, brettzies, i see that you were going to add a shotgun to this. Are you going to wait to add that since the new patch just announced a shotgun will be added to the game so you can add that correctly?

Also amazing job on the guns man. I might have to play GRAW2 again just to try this out.

Crashlog after installing of plain GRAW2 and bp wp v1.4

unzip to main dir of GRAW, original context saved

Fri Feb 08 03:53:46 2008

Crash in application version: 29980.2562

Could not load texture because IDirect3D9::CreateTexture call failed.

Direct3D does not have enough display memory to perform the operation.

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\guiscreens.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\genericstatemanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\utils\inputtriggers.dsf(0)

Renderer: normal

Physics : threaded

running on WinXP PRO

AMD 64 3800+2.4 Ghz

eVGA 7900GT 256 RAM driver 6.14.11.6218

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 2/8/2008, 04:08:49

Machine name: TSUNAMI

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

BIOS: Phoenix - Award BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.4GHz

Memory: 2048MB RAM

Page File: 307MB used, 3632MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

------------

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT/GTO

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 7900 GT/GTO

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0291&SUBSYS_C5843842&REV_A1

Display Memory: 256.0 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Dell 2407WFP-HC (Digital)

Monitor Max Res: 1920,1200

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0011.6218 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 6/28/2007 23:43:00, 5690624 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

VDD: n/a

Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys

Mini VDD Date: 6/28/2007 23:43:00, 6807328 bytes

Edited by Cpl Ledanek

I'm not sure we need all that info in here, but just off the top of my head, do you have the latest 1.04 Graw2 installed?

My Crash logs have this version: Crash in application version: 30621.2989

Also, make sure you can run Graw2 by itself first. In other words, that it actually works or do you get this problem with the fresh install.

Edited by Brettzies

I'm not sure we need all that info in here, but just off the top of my head, do you have the latest 1.04 Graw2 installed?

Also, make sure you can run Graw2 by itself first. In other words, that it actually works or do you get this problem with the fresh install.

ok will delete other stuff..its a clean install of retail...no patches...ok will remove your mod and see how it works.

thanks

:thumbsup:

ok will delete other stuff..its a clean install of retail...no patches...ok will remove your mod and see how it works.

thanks

I think you will need the 1.04 patch to make it work. But first try just running the game by itself.

thanks

I think you will need the 1.04 patch to make it work. But first try just running the game by itself.

I removed your mod, returned the content.xml and it crashed all the way to reboot...going to d/l the patch now...and same time I'll d/l nTune and latest drivers from nVidia

I got the weapons but not the skin...I may have reinstall of look for the original English folder in the DVD-ROM since I accidentally deleted it.

I try again tomorrow night.

Love the newer intro video and sound :thumbsup:

The original English folder?

There is no files in it.

Local folders are only used for language overrides in the original game. And as the entire game is originally in English, there is no need to override it. ;)

I got the weapons but not the skin...I may have reinstall of look for the original English folder in the DVD-ROM since I accidentally deleted it.

I try again tomorrow night.

Love the newer intro video and sound :thumbsup:

The original English folder?

There is no files in it.

Local folders are only used for language overrides in the original game. And as the entire game is originally in English, there is no need to override it. ;)

only reason I accidentally deleted it was, English folder was not in Brett's illustrated directory path. But I was able to retrieve it, and place it back in the Local Folder

will try again tonight

Where does one start in reviewing this mod, "wet cleanup on aisle one", "I got wood". I extracted your bundle and placed it into english folder so I could add in my ai tweaks. Movie played fine. I tried easy mission1 and was nothing less than stunned by the new weapons and the eotech sight. All sounds came through loud and clear--no hiccups, on all weapons. So I decided I'd stress it good, put myself/teammates on invisible mode and broke out rpghard's storm and canyon missions, loaded mags with 300 rounds and let ai team grip and rip. No sound stutters and weapons looked beautiful, as did ghost team in their new attire. As for the marines, outstanding look Brettzies. The iron sights on the Sig, very enjoyable as well. Played [GR] missions as well, no problems thus far. I'm glad you enjoy modding this game, because I certainly enjoy using your mods. Much thanks. Well done.

how could I change the camo for these?

When I first started doing this, I wasn't able to get the look I wanted with the tinting camo swatches, so I made a base texture for my guys. Plus, the merc body didn't allow interchangable camo patterns. You could go back to the tinted camo pattern for sf bodies(light and heavy), but it would take some xml editing. I think I just commented out the lines in the ghost_sf_materials. This wouldn't do any good for the merc bodied ghosts. You could change those to sf bodied ghost though.

The other method would be to just edit the textures in photoshop. I'm thinking about releasing two photoshop files with layers that I used to make the textures for each one, that would make it easy for people. Basically one layer called camoPattern you'd just have to fill with a new camo swatch. You don't even need this if you're willing to do some work yourself though. Just open the textures up and start painting over the camo parts.

You then have to match their gear pouches. I did use camo patterns for them, but the only way to make them "stick" was to edit the materials xml so their default was what I wanted it to be. If I changed it in the ghost template, it would work when you started a mission, but revert back to the materials xml default when you reloaded.

I was going to include some docs on this in the readme, but I got to tired to focus on that. I might do it now. That and how to change out the helmets, bodies, etc.

Where does one start in reviewing this mod, "wet cleanup on aisle one", "I got wood". I extracted your bundle and placed it into english folder so I could add in my ai tweaks. Movie played fine. I tried easy mission1 and was nothing less than stunned by the new weapons and the eotech sight. All sounds came through loud and clear--no hiccups, on all weapons. So I decided I'd stress it good, put myself/teammates on invisible mode and broke out rpghard's storm and canyon missions, loaded mags with 300 rounds and let ai team grip and rip. No sound stutters and weapons looked beautiful, as did ghost team in their new attire. As for the marines, outstanding look Brettzies. The iron sights on the Sig, very enjoyable as well. Played [GR] missions as well, no problems thus far. I'm glad you enjoy modding this game, because I certainly enjoy using your mods. Much thanks. Well done.

I'm glad you guys like it and are able to enjoy the game a little bit longer!

Okay.... I have a weird question here.

Downloaded it. Installed it.

I get the skins... BUT NO NEW WEAPONS.

hmmm.... I was running your mod pack 1.2. Do I have to do anything fancy here?

Well, you can't run both at the same time for one thing. Make sure your context.xml has the following lines:

<script base="data" exec="Menu/Menu" editor="false" language="bp_weapons_pack_v1.4"/>--><!--change to "english" to uninstall-->

<mod_bundle name="bp_weapons_pack_v1.4"/>--><!--delete this line or comment out front with "<!--" to uninstall-->

So, you have the mod bundle in the mod folder, and the bp_weapons_pack_v1.4 in the local folder.

Okay.... I have a weird question here.

Downloaded it. Installed it.

I get the skins... BUT NO NEW WEAPONS.

hmmm.... I was running your mod pack 1.2. Do I have to do anything fancy here?

Well, you can't run both at the same time for one thing. Make sure your context.xml has the following lines:

<script base="data" exec="Menu/Menu" editor="false" language="bp_weapons_pack_v1.4"/>--><!--change to "english" to uninstall-->

<mod_bundle name="bp_weapons_pack_v1.4"/>--><!--delete this line or comment out front with "<!--" to uninstall-->

So, you have the mod bundle in the mod folder, and the bp_weapons_pack_v1.4 in the local folder.

I need to clarify 2 things...

A.I can't run which both? I can't run 1.2 and 1.4 at the same time or the skins and weapons at the same time?

B. Would you recommend that I gut the game, reinstall, reinstall latest patch then reload 1.4?

Edited by cobrabase

I need to clarify 2 things...

A.I can't run which both? I can't run 1.2 and 1.4 at the same time or the skins and weapons at the same time?

B. Would you recommend that I gut the game, reinstall, reinstall latest patch then reload 1.4?

You can't run v1.2 and v1.4 at the same time-there really isn't any reason to anyway. If your context.xml is pointing to v1.2 in the language folder, it's going to override a few things.

Reinstalling is always helpful, but it shouldn't be necessary. I would say make sure inside of your local folder you have bp_weapons_pack_v1.4 and inside that there should be just two folders: sounds and movies. Next make sure inside the mod folder you have bp_weapons_pack_v1.4.bundle. If you have both of those and the context xml has the correct entries and no duplicates at the bottom or something, then it should work. Reinstalling is up to you.

Edited by Brettzies