GRAW 2 Patch Announced

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Accuracy bonus when using scopes or iron sights has been altered.

I don't get that one. Either the sights/crosshairs are on target or they aren't, right? :blink:

There was a bug before where you almost instantly got your accuracy increased when scoping with the m99. The way this was applied has been changed and affects all other weapons as well.

As stated earlier

too little

too late

This we have seen before, they did the same thing with RS Lockdown and RS Vegas, when all intrest for the game is gone then they drop a patch on us so they can brag about there comitment to the gamers and not the dollah. This patch should have been delivered when people actualy PLAYED the game and not now. I guess it's nUBI's decision in the end but the shadow falls on GRiN to :/

....when all intrest for the game is gone then they drop a patch on us so they can brag about there comitment to the gamers and not the dollah.

Yes Grin, please stop coming in here and bragging so much to us. :rolleyes:

SCE_Lightspeed Posted Today, 05:06 AM

ok i will comment after much deliberation.

And then say what 3 other people have already complained about. Yes thank you. :wall:

Dont take this the wrong way, you guys at GRIN, as you have been very helpful compared to Ubisoft, but two new guns !

Bretzies did that one ages ago and did it very well. He has designed and built a shotgun also and was about to release this I believe in his next weapons update that was coming out shortly. So was this a co-op with GRIN that we didnt know about or is this his own 100% individual work without you guys at GRIN ?

The map offerings are really pathetic and an insult to all of us PC players if you compare that to what they are throwong at the X Box users.

Ubi need a swift kick up the backside to realise who put them there in the first place.....it certainly was not X Box users, thats for sure.

Frankly, I am disappointed that we are going to be let down yet again by the almightly Ubi God, and if he is reading this.........long live modders !!!!!!!!!

:wall:

Edited by CJo1964

coolio. looking forward to it, though it does't look like my major gripe with the game has been fixed (Sprint-to-shoot animations. it constantly looks like you're getting shot by people in the middle of a sprint)

and I hope the "M240" isn't really the M240. that's a big bulky weapon, rarely used by small Spec Ops teams like the Ghosts. the MK48 is much much more common

Actually the M240B is used with TAC-P, Green Berets, Rangers, and other small to medium sized units SF untis for suppresion and cover fire. The M240B replaced the older M-60 around 2005.

Believe me it is heavy especially if you do not have an AG (assistant gunner) to assist with carrying the ammo. I know from expierence.

If you utilize the weapon correctly it can be a powerful tool

Regardless of whats in the Patch, how long its been comeing, and how long its taken Ubisoft to release the information, again after the console versions recieved thire updates.

I will thank the guys that worked on it.

Thank You to GRiN_DrHanke and GRiN_Mattias, they I believe have put most of the work in.

I am sure they have both been pulling thire hair out wanting to say, well anything.

There can`t be any thing worse than being creative and fixing code, only to know you are always waiting on big brother to say yes you can now talk.

Ubisoft needs to take a leaf out of the Crysis team book also Capcom, which I am, glad Grin now works with.

Guys good luck in the future, thank you for your patience and understanding.

Look forward to playing with the new patch in the game.

Colin

Yes, a thanks goes out to GRIN for their work. Addittionally for adding to the fix list. I mean I was REALLY surprised at how anemic the fixes er I mean fix that was listed in the original announcement. That sounds much much better.

I'm disappointed in what we didn't get. No offense to them. I understand they probably are/were limited by UBI in what they could do. Unfortunately, that doesn't change the fact that there isn't much in the patch so far announced that will bring back players or server hosts.

coolio. looking forward to it, though it does't look like my major gripe with the game has been fixed (Sprint-to-shoot animations. it constantly looks like you're getting shot by people in the middle of a sprint)

and I hope the "M240" isn't really the M240. that's a big bulky weapon, rarely used by small Spec Ops teams like the Ghosts. the MK48 is much much more common

Actually the M240B is used with TAC-P, Green Berets, Rangers, and other small to medium sized units SF untis for suppresion and cover fire. The M240B replaced the older M-60 around 2005.

Believe me it is heavy especially if you do not have an AG (assistant gunner) to assist with carrying the ammo. I know from expierence.

If you utilize the weapon correctly it can be a powerful tool

I know what it's used for, I'm just saying a MK48 Mod 0 would be a much wiser choice for a 4 man squad like the Ghosts. I'm sure you are familiar with both, to some degree, but I'll run some numbers anyway

Weight (Empty):

MK48 = 8.2Kg

M240B = 12.5Kg

Length:

MK48 = 1,000mm

M240 = 1,245 mm

It's clear the lighter Mk 48 would be preferred by a small unit. It's easier to handle by one man, and it's lighter = operator can carry more ammo

FN Herstal was tasked to develop the Mk 48 directly by US SOCOM, which I would assume the Ghost are commanded by

either way, I'm happy we're getting a new LMG

Edited by Cirap

Though I won't be playing GRAW2 again, I have to join Colin and applaud GRIN for their commitment

I suspect this is also the last hurrah of the Ghost Recon franchise on the PC platform (short of a direct port). Too bad it had to end with GRIN like this because I don't think they ever really had a chance.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Existing Levels of the Single player mode now playable in multiplayer:

o Mission 01 (Sierra, night level) (MP Mode : RvsA)

o Mission 03 (MP Mode : RvsA)

o Mission 04 (MP Mode : Coop)

o Mission 07 Hacienda (MP Mode : Coop)

o Mission 08 (MP Mode : RvsA & Deathmatch)

Are the MP modes correct?

Will this patch allow admin to restrict weapons classes?

Can we select are own weapons?

No changes in the kit system setup.

Other things that are not listed are collision bug on current MP maps that have been fixed. Most notably on Fort and Crashsite if I remember correctly.

Existing Levels of the Single player mode now playable in multiplayer:

o Mission 01 (Sierra, night level) (MP Mode : RvsA)

o Mission 03 (MP Mode : RvsA)

o Mission 04 (MP Mode : Coop)

o Mission 07 Hacienda (MP Mode : Coop)

o Mission 08 (MP Mode : RvsA & Deathmatch)

Don't think so. But it was about 2 months ago since the level stuff was done, so don't remember really.

EDIT:

Looks more like this on the 1.05 version I have:

- M01 (Sierra) : DM, TDM, RvsA

- M03 (Industry) : DM, HH, S, RvsA

- M04 (Retrieve) : Coop

- M08 (Dominion) : DM, TDM, RvsA

The M07 (Hacienda) Coop was in the initial release together with the M09 (The Dam) Coop, but not activated. Which I think they still aren't.

I just checked the server list. Right now online there are:

108 people playing TDM

22 people playing Coop

3 people playing HH (3 servers w/ 1 person each, not sure how much fun that is)

So, the 22 coop players (17% of the people playing) get 2 new maps, and the TDM crowd, the largest percentage of players, get ZERO?

Is the shotgun considered a secondary, or primary? If it's a primary weapon, when the heck could anyone even use that in an MP setting?

No.
THANK GOD!

Is the shotgun considered a secondary, or primary? If it's a primary weapon, when the heck could anyone even use that in an MP setting?

It's a primary.

And who says it's mainly for MP?

why supply sp to mp maps with one gametype that have been done already with multiple gametypes?

Official content can't take into consideration what has been done in mods. And it's for people who don't want to use mods as well.

Bretzies did that one ages ago and did it very well. He has designed and built a shotgun also and was about to release this I believe in his next weapons update that was coming out shortly. So was this a co-op with GRIN that we didnt know about or is this his own 100% individual work without you guys at GRIN ?

Not really ages ago. He announced it about 2 weeks ago and just released it. And it doesn't have the real shotgun scripts like the official one does.

It's a primary.

And who says it's mainly for MP?

No one. I'll enjoy trying it out in SP. But, I fail to see it's utility in MP.

It's deadly in close combat with the added shotgun scripts, and as you can have an G36C or XM8C with aimpoint as a secondary... there could be uses.