GRAW 2 Patch Announced

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fix list is not a complete list of all fixes. Here's a small list just to name a few.

- Fire mode switch bug has been fixed.

These are just from the top of my head. Don't have a complete list nearby.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

IMHO, this was the single most annoying bug in the game and correcting it is a HUGE improvement.

Sadly, most of the comments in this thread are negative. It is obvious that Grin doesn't have the resources they would need to fix every possible thing in the game and I do believe that they are doing the best they can.

Once again, "Thank you Grin!" :thumbsup:

Yeah I'm done for good. I started laughing when reading the list. It depends on what model 240 it is. The Golf is supposed to be light enough for one man. But I'd still prefer the Mk 48. And even though, I can't help but roll my eyes at this patch, kudos goes to GRIN for trying. Loved GRAW even with the glitches and game freezing but GRAW 2 was just eh. Thanks anyways, GRIN for trying to give the PC fans their own game. See ya.

Is there any hope for us to see more maps from the orginal Ghost Recon or was it only made for the Xbox360?

Now this would explode this community into entire bliss, if UBI would come out with an

expansion pack with all the old [GR] maps remade, all multiplayer capable, and it gets

you to think almost ....why haven't they already have done this for us ....man that would

rock.

Is there any hope for us to see more maps from the orginal Ghost Recon or was it only made for the Xbox360?

Now this would explode this community into entire bliss, if UBI would come out with an

expansion pack with all the old [GR] maps remade, all multiplayer capable, and it gets

you to think almost ....why haven't they already have done this for us ....man that would

rock.

Just to clarify the content released on the 360 was created by RSE not GRIN so no that content as it stands would not be available on PC

Edit _ Rocky beat me too it lol

Edited by kleaneasy

Vhladd actually gave me an explanation of the reasons, but I don't recall exactly what they were. I do recall he said it wasn't optimized. Maybe V will see this and chime in.

Actually, I don't remember what the reasons were as I was going by what was in the forums concerning the Dam and Hacienda maps not being optimized..... :unsure:

BTW, what's this 300m draw distance on Dam that Wolfsong is talking about??? Are we getting a new draw distance in this patch?

Vhladd actually gave me an explanation of the reasons, but I don't recall exactly what they were. I do recall he said it wasn't optimized. Maybe V will see this and chime in.

Actually, I don't remember what the reasons were as I was going by what was in the forums concerning the Dam and Hacienda maps not being optimized..... :unsure:

BTW, what's this 300m draw distance on Dam that Wolfsong is talking about??? Are we getting a new draw distance in this patch?

Me thinks it could be the map hes working on :)

Anyways ive never played any of the new release maps as i havent really played co-op or sp so all new to me :)

looking forward to it as im sick of cod4

There is a recent thread in here somewhere, but it is a mod he is working on...not official content...it works for SP & MP, but without auto-download yada yada yada....

Here is that thread:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...=48775&st=0

Auto download in not possible because of the construction of the game that allows only one mod to work.

So if auto download was available,there would be only crashes and conflicts like the caste map from biro,and the modded castle map from others.

If it was possible to activate and deactivate mods like gr1,then the game would have the possibility to take off.

Lets hope the patch fix the bugs ,and have better anti-cheat.

Ubi didn't announce a sequel for Gr series,so we stay with graw2 until Ground B. or something better come out

The fix list is not a complete list of all fixes. Here's a small list just to name a few.

- Fire mode switch bug has been fixed.

These are just from the top of my head. Don't have a complete list nearby.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

IMHO, this was the single most annoying bug in the game and correcting it is a HUGE improvement.

Sadly, most of the comments in this thread are negative. It is obvious that Grin doesn't have the resources they would need to fix every possible thing in the game and I do believe that they are doing the best they can.

Once again, "Thank you Grin!" :thumbsup:

Fire mode switch bug :wall: My biggest issue. It was really really annoying. :angry::shifty:

Look forward to the new patch, and a new mission.

:thumbsup:

The draw distance isn't adjust in the patch, it's adjusted in the mod that Wolfsong is working on and will publicly release. An alpha version of the mod should be out shortly around the time the patch comes out.

More info about the mod found here and here for those that don't visit the mod section of the forum :)

Auto download in not possible because of the construction of the game that allows only one mod to work.

So if auto download was available,there would be only crashes and conflicts like the caste map from biro,and the modded castle map from others.

If it was possible to activate and deactivate mods like gr1,then the game would have the possibility to take off.

Ubi didn't announce a sequel for Gr series,so we stay with graw2 until Ground B. or something better come out

You can only have 1 mod bundle (of which there are 2 available today so not much to select there so far), but you can have unlimited custom level bundles. The problem is that you can't have name conflicts in the custom level bundles as they are NOT allowed to override any original files, which custom levels don't need to do either. So as long as modders keep specific names inside their custom level bundles there will never be a conflict between them. ;)

^

What's a real shame, that the game isn't very good, or that anyone would expect a good patch. :whistle:

Why not hold off on all the negativity until after the contents of the patch has been released...72 hrs max and then its disparage at will.

Positive waves, baby!

Patch 105 officially out on wed 13th febuary 1998. By the looks of the fixes and mission addons it looks like grin have done a smashing job. They have even given us two new guns a shot gun and the saw.

m240 'aint the SAW dude... 7.62mm... usually on vehicles and crewed by 2. Maybe the modern version called the mk48?

Not the 'modern' version. It is modern but the MK 48 is the SOF version of the 240. The MK 46 is the SOF version of the SAW. The Navy led the development of these versions so they are given the MK designation. And in typical confusing military fashion, the MK 48 is also the designation for the ADCAP - the Advanced Capability Torpedo.

From what I can figure out when GRAW2 is fired up, it only recognizes the maps/mods that are present at that time within the bundle structure. "Autodownload" can't work because for the new map/mod to be recognized - the game would have to be restarted. Autodownload would have been nice, but at the present time this feature just can't be instituted ....... :wall:

Actually, the custom levels of "mhm" I put together did not conflict or crash with Biro's Castle Map as the structure I used REQUIRED the existence of Biro's map. It depended on Biro's textures, etc. This could have easily been done by other authors to avoid the crashes/conflicts. Still, the "Autodownload" wouldn't have any affect on such if all custom level bundles used unique names all would be well.

From what I can figure out when GRAW2 is fired up, it only recognizes the maps/mods that are present at that time within the bundle structure. "Autodownload" can't work because for the new map/mod to be recognized - the game would have to be restarted. Autodownload would have been nice, but at the present time this feature just can't be instituted ....... :wall:

Actually, the custom levels of "mhm" I put together did not conflict or crash with Biro's Castle Map as the structure I used REQUIRED the existence of Biro's map. It depended on Biro's textures, etc. This could have easily been done by other authors to avoid the crashes/conflicts. Still, the "Autodownload" wouldn't have any affect on such if all custom level bundles used unique names all would be well.

hello? anyone paying attention here? GRAW1 had it! it worked fine. by the way, for those that missed out on it, GRAW1 and 2 are the same game with minor differences. it had to be restarted for the new files to load, so what! it's still better than having to search for the creator's/clan's website, register there, download the maps, and then extract them into the right folder. and i think the game still needs to be restarted after all that, doesn't it!

this was most likely a corporate decision, and had nothing to do with any coding issues. let it go.

Edited by th33f.