M audio keystation 49

Tinker

The keystation 49 looks ok, should do the job alright mate and a half decent price at that, you could probably look around for something cheaper, all you need is something to control/play the pc music software. I use the M-Audio Axiom USB midi controller a tad expensive but i had the spare cash at the time. Most midi controllers or keyboards are powered by your pc through USB leads these days, the same sort of USB cables/leads that power a printer, not all midi keyboard/controllers come supplied with a lead of any sort. One thing i would recommend is a good soundcard like the creative X-Fi extreme music (that's the soundcard i use by choice) reason is because of latency/lag issues, like for example ..when you hit the keys on the midi device you want to hear the sound straight away but with some soundcards there can be a delay, the X-Fi uses ASIO drivers, i set the ASIO buffer latency to 2 ms in the software system settings (music creation software like fruity loops 7), it all sounds complicated but realy it is not.

My AXIOM 25 powerd by USB

axiom25lg0.jpg

Kinda hot if you ask me, M-audio make a wide range of cool stuff.

@ warcloud

seems like its got its own FPC drum pad on there too. Top right corner.

I own a M-audio Trigger finger myself, but its on ebay. Now that I own a Korg Pad Kontrol.

I pretty much agree with the rest of what warcloud suggests too. :rocky:

Edited by squad_e

Depends what you want to use music production programs for. Different music production programs cater for different needs and therefore have different features. For example, Reason has a drum machine where you can program drum beats on the fly, whereas most other programs don't have drum machines as part of the package. Likewise, some [re: very few] have built in samplers and some don't (samplers as a separate item are usually VERY expensive). If I was choosing, I would go for either the latest version of Propellerhead Reason or the latest version of Cakewalk Sonar - both of which are industry standard and widely used in the industry. Then again, there's always Cubase....

I know where you can get Ph Reason 4 with Sonic Reality Vintage Drums refill bundle for £229.00 :whistle:

Seems Cakewalk Sonar 7 Producer Edition is retailing for around £329.00 too (£369.00 with the Edirol Sonar external audio interface bundle)

Last time I checked, Squad_E was using FL Studio 7. Come to think of it so am I ATM, but I want to move on up to Reason or Sonar, which I'll probably do after I take my music production course this year. Just to show off, I'll turn up for my course with show up with a few of my latest full length audio compositions (one of which is based of the Dog Soldiers movie) :whistle:

Edited by WytchDokta

I know where you can get Ph Reason 4 with Sonic Reality Vintage Drums refill bundle for �229.00

£ or $

Send me a PM if you like?

<_<

That question mark should read pound sign. It seems Firefox doesn't like any symbols like that or any accented letters etc. I'll chop you a PM now.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a smallish top of the range Trigger Finger type device seen in action in this vid. You can see it first from about 00:30 onwards, but then you see it best between 2:11-2:21 - it's the device that the producer is 'hitting' with his fingers/hand. I want to get one like in that vid for my setup. (be warned of 'graphic' scenes of a guy spewing blood from his mouth, and other scenes of 'mild peril' :P )

Edited by WytchDokta