Ghost Recon.net Forums

Brothers In Arms By Jack 57

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rocky: That was a slightly confusing review of the mission. Was that what was going through your mind?

It was? How so?

I meant that the mission review was a bit difficult to follow what was happening. I like it though. Didn't give away too much.

If/when I lose a soldier, and I try to restart by hitting "F-7" (to load my last saved game) I get the in-game pop-up window "ALL SOLDIERS HAVE BEEN LOST", and then the game crashes to desktop.

Mally, that sure is a strange one :blink: I'll start by getting you to send me a copy of your Ike.log immediately after it CTD's and we'll see if that sheds any light on it. Also a description of what part of the mission you are up to when it happens.

Sorry about that, but hopefully we'll get you up and running soon,

Jack :)

the only fault i can find in the mod is that the ghosts have straps on their faces when they are wearing boonie hats

Well spotted avey! I guess it won't be very often that the player will get that up close and personal, but I will fix it anyways when I do an update.

Thanks, Jack :rocky:

the only fault i can find in the mod is that the ghosts have straps on their faces when they are wearing boonie hats

:blink:

My GR Boonie hat has straps. :rocky:

Guest Jester

My GR Boonie hat has straps. :rocky:

That's because a boonie hat has straps. Most people are used to seeing people not use the straps. Doesn't mean they aren't there.

Hi All,

first things first. Amazing mod. Loved the first four missions. Unfortunately I've just wiped the partition of my hard disk with ghost recon on it. Am reinstalling now but I had just got to mission 4 of Bothers in Arms. really want to play mission 5 but can't be bothered to go through first four missions again. Has anyone got a copy of the unlocked missions file for this mod, they would be willing to send me.

Would be so grateful if anyone can help.

Cheers

Ben

Hey Jack57,

Add my name to the long list of people giving you props. Awesome mod. I'm on the final (I think) mission where you have to blow the bridge and the tank by double tapping the left shift key (map key), but the demo wont pop. I made sure to turn off the accessibility thing as your readme file dictated, but it still isn't blowing up.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this? I switched the map key from the left shift to the tab key just to see if it might work, but it didn't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again, AWESOME MOD! Youdaman. :wall::(

Thanks for he kind comments [NYC*165].

About the demo charges, sorry to ask, but did you place a charge at the indicated position? Just had a thought that maybe you had the impression that it was already there. Also with the double tap, they need to made within one second or it won't work. If you still have no joy, mail or PM me and I will send you a test mission to see if we can find the problem.

Cheers, Jack :rocky:

Yeah, I made sure of it and I received the pop up that said 'bomb is set. go find a place to hide', or something like that. I tried all kinds of different double tap timings from really fast to pretty slow, but got no gloriously explosive results. WHen you say the double taps need to be done within one second, you mean the taps right? not the timing of the detonation?

About the demo charges, sorry to ask, but did you place a charge at the indicated position? Just had a thought that maybe you had the impression that it was already there. Also with the double tap, they need to made within one second or it won't work. If you still have no joy, mail or PM me and I will send you a test mission to see if we can find the problem.

This is one of the best parts of Jacks mods.

He gives you great support if something goes wrong!

Thanks.

PS: He's also willing to help newbies (me) make good missions and is very modest!

Hi firefly2442,

I haven't done any walkthroughs yet as I was waiting to see if there was a demand. If I get a few requests I will surely do it.

In the meantime it is really important to read the briefings carefully (esp. the News reports) as they contain very good clues on how to go about the mission. First mission is a good example - I have had people just wade in with their pistols before they even get inside the polling centre :o The News report describes - "In one of the worst incidents rebels were able to gain entry to the heavily guarded polling centre in Colón by mingling with locals as they arrived to cast their votes." As for the tanks, just stay away from them - their patrol path is very predictable so it's not hard. Make sure you save some grenades for extraction ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Great Great MOD, I grab this and took it for me and a few of my friends to play on my LAN at home. Outstanding, Lots of good tight scripting I think it works very nicely with multi player. The First Mission is especially fun to try to get the cordination down correct :) Anyway thanks alot for the mod and your hard work.

Maxwell_Silver

Hey no problem - glad you liked it. Thanks.

I have played it thru several times recently on co-op and noticed a number a small errors and anomalies so expect an update in the not too distant future. I am also working on a co-op update for Postcards from Peru.

Greetings!

We enjoyed the alligator stealth mission very much and are looking forward to seeing all the different missions, as were still on the early ones.

We did however experience some difficulty with the prison map mission.

A teammate and I were playing the forth mission where the bogus exchange for the Marines takes place, and we were winning the battle against the Ghosts when the game crashed to desktop. We realize that the prison map is a busy map, and have had some difficulties with HX4's prison map mission. But this seemed to be less characters and vehicles than that, so I'm not sure what the matter was. We were just two on fast cable/lan connections. :ph34r:

BTW---tremendous creativity on these missions, thanks Jack57!

Thanks m8!

Unfortunate about the ctd. I haven't seen that one yet myself. If it happens again check the Ike.log to see if yields anything. Hopefully it was just a random crash.

Thanks for the feedback,

Greetings!

After a couple of crashes we found that if the rubber boat never makes it ashore the game will run fine! By destroying the raft while it's coming in from the the sea, we avoided the crash as as well as being pinned down. Perhaps the vehicle has something to with it, I don't pretend to know, but that's my hunch. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
After a couple of crashes we found that if the rubber boat never makes it ashore the game will run fine! By destroying the raft while it's coming in from the the sea, we avoided the crash as as well as being pinned down. Perhaps the vehicle has something to with it, I don't pretend to know, but that's my hunch. :ph34r:

Thankyou connie! I will investigate :rocky:

Greetings!

Dear Jack57,

Our team is just now using a dedicated server and we have found that any cinematics videos such is used in your mod will cause any dedicated servers to crash.

Alpha/Monkey found this out on his Swift Intervention mission, and made a non-cinematic version.

Would it be possible for you to create an non-cine version for this? Many ded-servers would run this but for the crashes. :ph34r:

Would it be possible for you to create an non-cine version for this? Many ded-servers would run this but for the crashes. :ph34r:

Your wish is my command :wub:

Actually I did mention this problem in the ReadMe and I have been waiting for some feedback to see if it warranted a non-cinematic version.

Stay tuned, Jack :rocky: