Completely Noob mistake

mark2000

Unfortunately as GWDS said you are going to have to reinstall the game

Because the files in question are retail files it would be against the EULA to do what you were asking and is not something we can condone here, as some people who don't have those addon packs could ask the same thing you have and it's not our place to work out who has or hasn't, so we have to not allow any.

fortunately a reinstall wont take long, It is a harsh reminder to make back ups that we all have had to learn at once stage or another when modding

I saw this coming Mark, lol. I could tell by the types of mods you were working on that you probably were editing original files instead of creating overwriting files.

I'm guilty of it as well. All my enemy .atrs have been tweaked within the orig game.

Edited by doubletap

Unfortunately as GWDS said you are going to have to reinstall the game

Because the files in question are retail files it would be against the EULA to do what you were asking and is not something we can condone here, as some people who don't have those addon packs could ask the same thing you have and it's not our place to work out who has or hasn't, so we have to not allow any.

fortunately a reinstall wont take long, It is a harsh reminder to make back ups that we all have had to learn at once stage or another when modding

I understand. I guess I have no choice but to reinstall it then.

I saw this coming Mark, lol. I could tell by the types of mods you were working on that you probably were editing original files instead of creating overwriting files.

I'm guilty of it as well. All my enemy .atrs have been tweaked within the orig game.

Lol. It's pretty unusual that I suddenly forgot to make backups though since it's not exactly my first time modding a game like this. I guess I just got too worked up over it.

Edited by mark2000

• 3 weeks later...

hello to completely noob! just a quick line or too. if you go to reinstall gr and expansions you might get a notice saying " already installed or unable to install" if you get this you have to go into your registery. i think you go to start ...run.... type " regedit" and search for the gr files and delete them from your registry. then reinstall all gr files.

its a pain in the butt.......but you'll be able to play again. this after countless hours of reinstalling , buying another disc, ( first one was still good ), defragging,...etc...etc...etc.

hope this info helps

wolverine

cold & snowy in canada

Is this really necessary?

I've reinstalled a few times now (usually when Igor has become corrupted somehow)

I generally just remove the prog first

you get a box pop up asking whether you want to save your game files (if you ok this it should save all your mods (but by all means save these somewhere else to be on the safe side))

Then just reinstall GR and expansions (I never had an issue (but then I don't play online, is this the difference? :hmm: ))