We can't even get a patch

Forget a patch. I'd rather keep playing GREAT new content from modders in a game that doesn't suck- [GR]. DESPITE the AWESOME contributions of the hardcore-patient modders (take note of Brettzies' sig), none of the AW stuff appeals to me. See y'all on the [GR] servers...

I hear ya Rabbi... I was playing [GR] last night for 2 hours and loved every minute of it. Who says a 7 year old game can't still be fun. :)

-John K.

Forget a patch. I'd rather keep playing GREAT new content from modders in a game that doesn't suck- [GR]. DESPITE the AWESOME contributions of the hardcore-patient modders (take note of Brettzies' sig), none of the AW stuff appeals to me. See y'all on the [GR] servers...

In some ways that's my point. The original content of GRAW already put people off. The spaceman thing just isn't appealing for me anyway. I think it's kind of like how some people prefer WWII over modern combat. Anyway, how much content has been made for GRAW2, a few weapon packs, some maps? Imagine if all that great new content you mention was coming out on GRAW2(if you can take out the AW). I'm not trying to persuade anyone, I'm just saying some things can be changed to make it more [GR]...not everything of course. Thankfully old games still work. Hopefully the future of PC GR won't dimish all together.

Sometimes when you really like the game,you have to deal with the games bugs accept it...mean accept to come back in server when game crash...GR1 is the same it doest crash a lot especialy on UBI and I can live with that to...I hope people will continue play this great game patch or not...we still have the tools to change things...we can do more maps thats what saving GRAW right now modders...

I'm still d'loading mods I've never played before for GR1. The whole feel of that game is unsurpassed. I play graw2 SP about twice a week, and each time I play it I love to soak in the amazing graphics and sound, and of course Brettz weapon mod is huge fun. But I can only play one mission before I'm just tired of the gameplay.

No patch will fix that. Sure there are some bugs, those can be corrected, but it's the gameplay, the feel of the game, that is broken. FUBAR.

As for DLC vs limited pc content, I have to disagree with you kretzj, I'll even go so far as to say I would take the original GR with not a single mod or extra content over a game that doesn't feel right to begin with, no matter how much DLC it gets. (Basically this rule applies to realistic tac games, obviously because of the supposed realistic content. I expect GR and R6 games to maintain the highest level of authenticity and realism, devoid of all hollywoodness.)

I play lots of games, like everyone else here, but my tac shooters, especially the GR series are not in the same "game" catagory as the others; these are a hobby. I'm a genuine fan of the games' subject matter. I don't simply expect a few hours of fun and games, and that's why I say the core gameplay, i.e. arcade, hollywood, linear, etc etc, is not worth enduring for some extra content.

Just my opinion and preference of course.

I don't envy the 360 graw2 players at all. I feel sorry for them. Because either...

1.they don't have a machine to run graw2 pc

0r

2.they actually prefer the more arcade "cinematic" version (360).

Either way, they have my sympathy.

Edited by bigcat75

No patch will fix that. Sure there are some bugs, those can be corrected, but it's the gameplay, the feel of the game, that is broken. FUBAR.

I hear that. I think a lof of the broken feeling comes from the game's core design(story, gear, etc) coming from the x360 version and then trying to fit it all together for a PC but with things taken out that the PC crowd doesn't want. It ends up feeling very hollow to me too.

I've played the x360 version and the SP at least feels like it's suppose to be there. I think the whole cross platform but differnt games for different crowds is good in theory but ends up being disjointed on the "other" one. Obviously the game was designed at ubisoft(and redstorm but you won't see any of that on the pc). They share assests and plot points, even mission "themes," but it's designed for a whole 'nother game. I think it really limited the game design and is at that point almost like paint by numbers with a different engine. They could have said, here's SwatEd, a bunch of models and textures, the map layouts, audio, video, mission objectives, now go make Graw for the PC. You end up making someone else's game with no real "driving force visionary" behind it. Despite all the nice things Grin did, that kind of shows through.

Still fun to mod though :lol:

My fellow Ghost Recon Fans,

the problem is one that is easily rectified!!! You get rid of the Advanced War fighter crap, you take [GR], you update it graphically making no changes to the game play or story line and then re release it. Job done everyone's happy!!!!

No bloody Star Wars Stormtroopers or Mexicans, just the good old US of A and maybe a little bit of help from some allies!? And a s**t load of russians to blow to kingdom come, how hard can it be!!!? :wall:

I'm also available for after dinner speeches.

yours aye

karl

rant over

no really it is!!!

WoW!!!! :D

KTC1976 what a novel idea, i love it, yes update the game and re release. Bring back the [Ghost Recon] format complete with SF soldiers who look just like SF soldiers and not like something out of Doom or Gears of War!!?

A campaign that see's you take on the might of the Russian Bear not some bandits from Mexico!!!

to be able to unlock new characters as you go through the campaign and medals!!! My God the list is endless

You know you could be on to something here you really could!! now all we need to do is to get the people at ubisoft to sit up and take notice... :hmm:

Brothers and Sisters we will not stand by and watch our game destroyed we must unite and call for the immediate re release of [GR] (Updated Version) :thumbsup:

Edited by KTC1976

Lol a guy with split personallitys thats all we need :)

You've already got a GAME with two personalities:

GRAW2/Xbox- "I am AWESOME and everyone loves me!"

GRAW2/PC- "Hey, where'd everyone go? I don't smell THAT bad, do I?"

Why not players, too?

When they said it was going to be out later in the month, did they man January or February. Cause I'm kinda booked with a few things at the end of February and well, January already passed so I guess they probably had a few more setbacks to deal with. And has there been any talk of a GRAW 3 or any other installments for the Ghost Recon series? Cause GRAW actually wasn't too bad but GRAW 2 IMO was just another bomb dropped into the toilet. I really couldn't see too many PC gamers buying a GRAW 3 or any other Ghost Recon installment unless Ubi completely turned itself around and started looking out for us again. But I think they'll find Jimmy Hoffa's remains before that happens.

God was i bored at work today...ehh hold on im still at ***king work!!! no peace for the wicked!!

joking aside, i really do love the ghost recon games especailly the first installment with the fantastic expansion packs.

I enjoyed [GR] because it was so real, it felt so real and looked so good....unfortunately that is somehow missing from GRAW and GRAW 2 and this pains me. I'm really not sure what the Devs were smoking when they thought up the story line for the GRAW series but it must have been some strong ######!!! Why did they feel the need to move away from what was already fantastic in [GR] i'e Eastern Europe teetering on the brink of World War 3, to sunny, American Students on the ######, ****ing Mexico!!!!

Come on please treat us like the Grown up's we are, i'm sorry but GRAW and GRAW 2 have been aimed at kids and console gamers not serious PC gamers who enjoyed [GR] for what it was a beautifully crafted game for adults with enough of the right stuff to keep everyone happy ( n.p im not in anyway having ago at kids im sure there are some very nice ones )

I really hope that somebody somewhere listens to the pleas of the hundreds of loyal fans, who don't want to give up on the Ghost Recon Franchise, but how long can we keep taking the dross you keep serving up!!!??

nuff said!!!!

God was i bored at work today...ehh hold on im still at ***king work!!! no peace for the wicked!!

joking aside, i really do love the ghost recon games especailly the first installment with the fantastic expansion packs.

I enjoyed [GR] because it was so real, it felt so real and looked so good....unfortunately that is somehow missing from GRAW and GRAW 2 and this pains me. I'm really not sure what the Devs were smoking when they thought up the story line for the GRAW series but it must have been some strong ######!!! Why did they feel the need to move away from what was already fantastic in [GR] i'e Eastern Europe teetering on the brink of World War 3, to sunny, American Students on the ######, ****ing Mexico!!!!

Come on please treat us like the Grown up's we are, i'm sorry but GRAW and GRAW 2 have been aimed at kids and console gamers not serious PC gamers who enjoyed [GR] for what it was a beautifully crafted game for adults with enough of the right stuff to keep everyone happy ( n.p im not in anyway having ago at kids im sure there are some very nice ones )

I really hope that somebody somewhere listens to the pleas of the hundreds of loyal fans, who don't want to give up on the Ghost Recon Franchise, but how long can we keep taking the dross you keep serving up!!!??

nuff said!!!!

/me whispers in KTC1976's ear, Blackfoot Studios and Ground Branch.

nuff said!!!!

/me whispers in KTC1976's ear, Blackfoot Studios and Ground Branch.

/me whispers to whiteknight ... last i heard it won't be out this year

/me whisper's to both of you, i have heard of this thing you call Ground Branch!!! :D

I'm sure it's going to be the Mutt's Nutt's!!

However it would have been very nice to have had the people at Ubisoft give the fan's of the GR series what they deserve...a game worthy of the original GR, rather than someone else pick up the standard (for which i'am most grateful :thumbsup: ).

I will be keeping an eye on project Ground Branch and see how it develops.

over and out.