We can't even get a patch

I think it's time I pointed out that this is not a patch, it's extra content.

And, it has to be purchased.

PC users may feel slighted, but at least they haven't had to pay again for new content.

Point taken Dannik, but it's not like we've been given the OPPORTUNITY to pay for new content, either.

I'm ticked about that point... the PC market isn't even good enough to milk for more money. How's that for "writing on the wall"?

-John K.

Well whatever the contents are, they have taken forever to get it finished and tested. I can see a lot of people coming back just to see whats new or improved by this patch. Trouble is, for this long a wait, if it's not drop jaw brilliant I can't see why anyone would ever believe in the GRAW games again. I wont be buying anymore if this patch falls on its face and I am sure many others here wont either. In the case that this patch actually making this game as it should be or better then you have a winner and a follower to the next game in the GRAW series...

The console side to this forum is groomed, fed and watered, they are treated like customers. They are given the opportunity to buy extra content, get free content and get told whats happening next. Thats a thorn of frustration to PC users and a very painful one to try to pull out.

Where is our customer treatment? When it comes down to game fixes shouldn't we know whats happening? Surely its a customers right to know what a company is doing about a faulty product? I think all we needed was 1 post, just 1, saying the patch is in the pipeline and with some fixes its addressing. Wouldn't that be nice? You could even lock the post to spare yourself being questioned about it. I'm with Cangaroo.TNT about the irritating amount of SOONs we have seen. This all started as a rumor, if you can remember back that far, about a 1.05 server on the list! Not by an official post, in fact to this day no official post in sight! No wonder people are getting frustrated eh?

On a good note I think Rocky does a great job here, coming in here and just reading the rants and negative posts gives me a headache so to run all this as well.... a thank you 'pat on the back' and a sorry about the little piece of headache I am writing now. This is the only place I know for an outlet.

I honestly hope this patch turns everything around for Ghost Recon and it's future! But I also hope us PC customers get the treatment equal to console users in the future too. This games concept was born on the PC, please don't put it up for adoption to the console.....

Jack

I honestly hope this patch turns everything around for Ghost Recon and it's future!

:lol::lol: that's asking a lot from a patch. Just what exactly are we expecting this patch to include, lol? It's not like any patch is going to actually put a whole lot of Ghost and Recon back into the series. Maybe I misunderstood the quote. I translate "turn everything around" as getting back to GR gameplay. :thumbsup:

You guys are torturing yourselves agonizing over the release of this patch. As a SP player, I don't expect any huge improvements in any patch, but I'm sure you MP types are in need of some serious fixes and better options. But hanging out at the "patch thread" is just gonna make it seem longer, lol.

Edited by doubletap

I was just checking out the trailer for the DLC. I have to say, the levels looked pretty cool. 800ms points is about $10 as far as I know. So, the DLC's are like expansion packs sort of. I guess it depends on how you look at it.

Frustrating, isn't it? If I could play GRAW on console with a keyboard and mouse I would never buy another PC version again.

-John K.

I was just checking out the trailer for the DLC. I have to say, the levels looked pretty cool. 800ms points is about $10 as far as I know. So, the DLC's are like expansion packs sort of. I guess it depends on how you look at it.

Frustrating, isn't it? If I could play GRAW on console with a keyboard and mouse I would never buy another PC version again.

Really? So you're okay with the arcade/hollywood feel and the pretty sparkly hud, and not being able to mod at all?

Wow.

Before anyone scoffs at the mod reference, I would remind you of Brettzies and Snowfella's mods, and the indispensable NoCom mod.

Really? So you're okay with the arcade/hollywood feel and the pretty sparkly hud, and not being able to mod at all?

Wow.

Before anyone scoffs at the mod reference, I would remind you of Brettzies and Snowfella's mods, and the indispensable NoCom mod.

Of course I'm NOT okay with all the sci-fi crap, but do I tolerate sci-fi crap AND get continuous content, or do I get a slimmed down HUD but it comes with limited patch support and NO content?

Sorry, I can live with sci-fi if it means more content... IF, and only IF I could play GRAW2 console with a keyboard and mouse, which I can't...so this entire conversation is rendered moot anyway.

-John K.

I know controllers will never be as smooth or precise as mouse keyboard, but they have advantages too. And "trigger" time which is pretty fun. At first you will feel like, "I'm never going to get good at this." It takes some getting use to, but once you get good at it, it's pretty enjoyable. Again, won't be as easy as a mouse/keyboard, but it never ceases to amaze me the number of people who make this statement. I use to think that way to and then caved for GRAW1 and after playing several games on x360, it's not that bad. Hell, I decided to get COD4 on x360 instead of my PC and the controller was the last thing I was thinking about. The real key is a good control design. Gears of War and COD4 have the best so far on the console I've experience. Easy and seemless. I think in the PS3 version of COD4 you lean by just tilting the controller...how sweet is that.

So, controllers aren't an issue for me. What is an issue though is how the PC players have been treated over the course of the past few releases GR2 - GRAW2. There is plenty of potential to mod Graw2(to a degree), but I think enough people were put off by the base package, or got bored faster. Some of the [GR] modders maybe didn't have the patience to learn the mod tools? I know they are cumbersome and take a long time to grasp, but not undoable. I pulled my hair out many times trying to do things that were simple with other games. The Castle remake map looks amazing, so obviously things can be done.

I'm not trying to write a complete pass though. When I look at the x360 version(mp side mainly), I think if they could have put some of those options in the PC version, it could have been sweet and probably easier to add to.

So yes, it is frustrating in many ways.

Edited by Brettzies

I know controllers will never be as smooth or precise as mouse keyboard, but they have advantages too. And "trigger" time which is pretty fun. At first you will feel like, "I'm never going to get good at this." It takes some getting use to, but once you get good at it, it's pretty enjoyable. Again, won't be as easy as a mouse/keyboard, but it never ceases to amaze me the number of people who make this statement. I use to think that way to and then caved for GRAW1 and after playing several games on x360, it's not that bad. Hell, I decided to get COD4 on x360 instead of my PC and the controller was the last thing I was thinking about. The real key is a good control design. Gears of War and COD4 have the best so far on the console I've experience. Easy and seemless. I think in the PS3 version of COD4 you lean by just tilting the controller...how sweet is that.

So, controllers aren't an issue for me. What is an issue though is how the PC players have been treated over the course of the past few releases GR2 - GRAW2. There is plenty of potential to mod Graw2(to a degree), but I think enough people were put off by the base package, or got bored faster. Some of the [GR] modders maybe didn't have the patience to learn the mod tools? I know they are cumbersome and take a long time to grasp, but not undoable. I pulled my hair out many times trying to do things that were simple with other games. The Castle remake map looks amazing, so obviously things can be done.

I'm not trying to write a complete pass though. When I look at the x360 version(mp side mainly), I think if they could have put some of those options in the PC version, it could have been sweet and probably easier to add to.

REFERENCE bolded above;

The problem is NOT the tools so mush as was the fact that they were half-baked. Most companies give users polished mod tools. while they DID give us mod tools, they were however incomplete in build. which is ironic as alot feel the game is also incomplete.

I guess a product is indicative of it's developer. I work in customer service so to speak and my products reflect on me. I know that 99 great experiences are never remembered as is the 1 bad experience is.

REFERENCE bolded above;

The problem is NOT the tools so mush as was the fact that they were half-baked. Most companies give users polished mod tools. while they DID give us mod tools, they were however incomplete in build. which is ironic as alot feel the game is also incomplete.

I guess a product is indicative of it's developer. I work in customer service so to speak and my products reflect on me. I know that 99 great experiences are never remembered as is the 1 bad experience is.

Um... I don't mod, but... from the get go i think you could make mods and missions in GRAW2. That would mean they were baked... + GRAW1 had a tutorial written by Grin (not sure about GRAW2). how many developers provide that, nor help you in the forum. If i remember right i played one of you maps in GRAW1 papa. Couldn't have been that baked then.

REFERENCE bolded above;

My point was really two fold. Mainly, there are so many people out there with modding ability given the number of GR mods, there is obviously interest and talent. And two, learning a new 3d app is a horrible pain, I hate it myself. That's kind of how mod tools are, you fumble around for a while before you are comfortable. I just think that many people don't want to try.

The best mod tools are really just examples. Sample files and maybe some explanation on how things are done. For the game, there's the map editor, export plugin, and some docs. So for me, there are NO TOOLs (unless you count the exporter). Just looking at stuff, and seeing what it does or how it's put together and then trying to do something similar.

Granted, something like UnReal-Ed can help out greatly, but really, you can do a lot if you just put a little time and energy into what it is you are trying to accomplish.

Like I said, I'm not trying to write a complete pass for the situation by any means. But from a modding/content addition standpoint, I look at something like Cetcom and don't see any reason why the core elements of the mod couldn't be done in Graw2. The multiplayer parts, not sure, but the actual missions, men, maps, and gear. Sure. It would take some time but could be done.

Forget a patch. I'd rather keep playing GREAT new content from modders in a game that doesn't suck- [GR]. DESPITE the AWESOME contributions of the hardcore-patient modders (take note of Brettzies' sig), none of the AW stuff appeals to me. See y'all on the [GR] servers...