Rambo Review

mwgfghost

I'm not gonna spoil it for anybody. I don't care how many unrealistic things there were in this movie. I loved it. A lot of violence but that's to be expected. Also really graphic. The special effects were awesome. A lot of brutality. But overall I think it's gonna prove to be one of the better movies of this year. Was a little short but that's the only complaint I have.

stallone is soo old now, couldn't make him work that long could you? stallone is like between 50 and 60. he needs his geritol, centrum silver and a massage therapist at his age.

I see a new movie by stallone as...."grampbo" :rolleyes:

Don't go into the movie looking for realism. If I can hang that hat at the door then anyone can. Just go see it. Stallone's script writing was spot on. I was surprised at some of the sensibility and the careful characterizations. Not what some might expect from a Rambo film. Yes Stallone is 60. You wouldn't know it though and he has forearms big enough to crack your head.

A thumbs up goes to the Director of Cinematography. Excellent camera work and lighting. Special effects are top notch and graphic. He isn't a one man army, but he doesn't hesitate when the time comes. That makes all the difference. If you are a liberal you might want to avoid this one as you will go away fuming. Do something useful like stretching ropes using your own body weight.

Stallone was on Rush Thursday and he is unaplogetic for his politics and he was also very forward about using 8 production companies to finance a film many Hollywood lilly livered liberals wanted to kill.

When Stallone was writing the film he contacted the UN and asked "Currently, where are the greatest amount of human rights violations occurring." That is how the film wound up being set in Burma (Myanmar). Stallone said he was also surprised at the amount of Washington lobbying conducted by the Tatmadaw to keep sanctions minimalized and the US quiet about human rights there. the US does...something. Just not enought to bother the government and certainly not enough to stop the genocide.

Edited by Hatchetforce

stallone is soo old now, couldn't make him work that long could you? stallone is like between 50 and 60. he needs his geritol, centrum silver and a massage therapist at his age.

I see a new movie by stallone as...."grampbo" :rolleyes:

:yes: He takes on a whole nursing home full of old farts and steals all their ensure right out from under the noses. :o

Yeah, Ledanek. He's admitted to taking HGH to get buff for the Rambo movies but yeah. For 60, that's still impressive. Could probably break me in half with one hand. And it is a totally different story. I think it was a real cool thing how he shined light on the genocide that's going on there. Was real surprised he went over to actually film it in Burma. And I don't have any of the Rambo's or Rocky's in my DVD collection but that's all gonna change. I remember basically idolizing Rambo when I was a kid. As much as(if not more than) GI Joe.

The use of HGH is highly misunderstood. Many people erroneously lump it in with steroids and attach the assocoated stigma and nothing could be further from the truth. Only now are we beginning to dissipate the fog surrounding it and see that it actually may be beneficial under the care of a doctor.

Am I defending Stallone on this? Yes, after a fashion. He was under a physicians care and it was prescribed. Some might say that does not make it morally correct and that is part of the issue. I say why doesn't it? The morality mantel that is there with steroids needs to go away regarding HGH when used correctly and under a physicians care.

The Mayo clinic is just now beginning to conduct early clinical tests on HGH. Here is a look at one of the quick layman articles:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/growth-hormone/HA00030

On a side note, Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein stated today that based on promising returns he is greenlighting the next Rambo film to be set on US soil.

I've seen some pretty graphic films, and i've always loved the other Rambo movies, but after seeing the rated R preview of this, I just doubt I can stomach it. I just don't find ultra-realistic graphic violence amusing anymore :-/

I've seen some pretty graphic films, and i've always loved the other Rambo movies, but after seeing the rated R preview of this, I just doubt I can stomach it. I just don't find ultra-realistic graphic violence amusing anymore :-/

That was rather the point. It wasn't meant to be amusing. It was violent. But it was incidental and meant to horrify in the same manner as Saving Private Ryan. They succeeded in their aim.

Oh it's cool Hatchet. I wasn't attacking him. I think it did him a lot of good taking the HGH. Got him buffed up for a character and he said he felt good. Besides, like you stated, he is 60. So I think he needed em for this part. I've heard a rumor about the next one and I don't know if he needs to do another one after this one. And I couldn't see anybody playing Rambo but Stallone. Reason I said "I dont know if he needs to do another one" is because this one just took action to a whole new level. I mean Saving Private Ryan was graphic but this was pretty hard to watch during some of the scenes. Not really hard to stomach but just brutal. The rumor I heard about the next one makes it sound like it should be a Commando remake. And I also read an article somewhere where Stallone backed the use of HGH and I really do think it was good for him in this movie cause he's done most of the dirty work in the Rambo movies. He's done most of his own stunts is at least what I heard so I don't think that's something an average 60 y/o man should be doing. The two things I respect him for doing are first of all, actually going to Burma(Myanmar) and filming it there and second, for being able to distinguish it from a documentary. Nothing more I can really say about it. Just an awesome movie and I walked out with a lot more respect. Not just for Stallone but the people that are actually going through that over there on a day to day basis. Makes me wish we could do more to help.

Don't go into the movie looking for realism. If I can hang that hat at the door then anyone can. Just go see it. Stallone's script writing was spot on. I was surprised at some of the sensibility and the careful characterizations. Not what some might expect from a Rambo film. Yes Stallone is 60. You wouldn't know it though and he has forearms big enough to crack your head.

A thumbs up goes to the Director of Cinematography. Excellent camera work and lighting. Special effects are top notch and graphic. He isn't a one man army, but he doesn't hesitate when the time comes. That makes all the difference. If you are a liberal you might want to avoid this one as you will go away fuming. Do something useful like stretching ropes using your own body weight.

Stallone was on Rush Thursday and he is unaplogetic for his politics and he was also very forward about using 8 production companies to finance a film many Hollywood lilly livered liberals wanted to kill.

When Stallone was writing the film he contacted the UN and asked "Currently, where are the greatest amount of human rights violations occurring." That is how the film wound up being set in Burma (Myanmar). Stallone said he was also surprised at the amount of Washington lobbying conducted by the Tatmadaw to keep sanctions minimalized and the US quiet about human rights there. the US does...something. Just not enought to bother the government and certainly not enough to stop the genocide.

I recall readnig an interview w/ Stallone some time ago where he talked about the horrid things that he and the film crew witnessed there while filming. I don't remember the exact content of his remarks, but I do recall that he was shocked (to say the least) and wanted to somehow capture the violence of what they saw, to show people "Hey, this is what's really going on in the world".

• 2 weeks later...

I just got home from seeing this film with my wife. It was her Valentine's Day gift to me. What a woman, eh? Anyway, I really enjoyed the film. I'm no Stallone fan by any stretch of the imagination, but this was a very good movie. I usually don't get caught up in films, but I had to remind myself on one or two occasions that what I was seeing wasn't real. Then on the other hand though, Stallone was trying to capture and re-create basically what they saw in Burma. My wife turned to me at one point, and asked, "Is this what (Hatchetforce's first name) does?" I wasn't sure how to answer that, but ... anyway. Good flick.