Player's Platoon enters zone, spawns team....

OldSchoolDanger

I would appreciate if someone would save me the carpel tunnel of trying to figure out how to do this on my own.

I would like to set a trigger so when a member of Player's Platoon enters a zone, an invisible actor team spawns, and begins their patrol path.

I know how to set the tag for Player's Platoon. I know how to create a zone. I just don't know how to "spawn" a team.

When I choose "Spawn Team" from the trigger response list, I don't have any teams to choose to spawn. The drop down list is empty. The teams exist. They just don't show up as a choice.

Thanks,

D

Group: <Default>
Comment:
trigger ambush
Trigger Event:
A member of Playerplatoon is within 10 meter(s) of Zone Trigger spawn.
Responses:
Make Team A visible to the game world.
Assign Plan - patrol to Team A and execute.
[/code]

The response is "Show thing" not "Spawn platoon"

When I choose "Spawn Team" from the trigger response list, I don't have any teams to choose to spawn. The drop down list is empty. The teams exist. They just don't show up as a choice.

Thanks,

D

Here you are able to create your team as long as you know the names and kits to give them:

Group: <Default>

Comment:

SETUP REFUGEES

Trigger Event:

The simulation is initializing.

Responses:

Spawn refugee company.

Spawn refugee platoon onto refugee company.

Spawn refugee team 1 onto refugee platoon.

Spawn refugee team 2 onto refugee platoon.

Spawn refugee team 3 onto refugee platoon.

Spawn (The actor nearest refugee zone 1) onto refugee team 1 with "youngman_refugee_1.atr" and "noweapon.kit" at refugee zone 1.

Spawn (The actor nearest refugee zone 2) onto refugee team 2 with "youngman_refugee_1.atr" and "noweapon.kit" at refugee zone 2.

Spawn (The actor nearest refugee zone 3) onto refugee team 3 with "youngman_refugee_1.atr" and "noweapon.kit" at refugee zone 3.

:thumbsup:

The point I thin you are missions (which I think is covered in the original RSE documentation for Igor) is that you can only use the "spawn" responses before the game has started. The way this is accomplished in GR is as GWDS has said... Create the team in the editor give them a plan, and check the "initially hidden" check box down on the lower right. Then make the visible (with the "make visible" response) when the player team gets to your trigger. In general, given typical computers, there really is almost no need or good reason to do this in GR. Instead I would suggest you give your group a decent default plan (e.g. milling around), and assign them a new plan as part of your trigger. If you really want to be sure they do not dragged off earlier (e.g. due to explosives getting their attention), then you can lock them into board. The result will be a team that is essentially oblivious to anything that is going on around them.