A little problem with Xfire

GrimeyAK

For whatever reason, Xfire is now detecting only the original CoH when I play instead of Opposing Fronts. Does anyone else with OF and Xfire have both vanilla CoH and OF detected when you go to Tools>Options>Games on Xfire?

I'm not sure exactly, but I'm thinking that it's only supposed to detect Opposing Fronts since it basically overwrites everything when you install, and it all becomes OF and not two separate games.

Does anyone else with OF and Xfire have both vanilla CoH and OF detected when you go to Tools>Options>Games on Xfire?

Yes, Xfire detects both COH & COH:OF on my PC

basically overwrites everything when you install, and it all becomes OF and not two separate games.

Yes, there is only the one game exe (RelicCOH.exe)

*I uninstalled COH and installed everything fresh from COH:OF Disk (+patch)

then when started game it recognised from my login that my account had a COH game key and "unlocked" the COH missions (almost like COH is now an addon to COH:OF)

anyhoo back to Xfire

it uses either of the following 2 registry keys

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\THQ\Company of Heroes\InstallDir

or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Company of Heroes\InstallLocation

to look for the install location, where it checks for RelicCOH.exe for it's COH entry

Then for COH:OF, Xfire also checks

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Company of Heroes\InstallLocation

for the install location and then looks for RelicCOH.exe and CoHOF.ico present at the same location for it to make an entry for COH:OF

one other thing with Xfire, is to make sure you have the latests games_ini (v 29590) as well as the latest Xfire game engine update.

Alright, thanks for the info Pave Low. There is still a problem, though. Whenever I play CoHOF, it lists me as just playing CoH. I actually had to reinstall the game because it kept crashing, but it still lists me as playing the wrong game on xfire. Do you have any ideas on what's causing this?

P.S. My games.ini is up to date.

Edit: For now, I'll just use a temporary fix by setting the original CoH to "Never Detect" on xfire. When I do that it correctly lists me as playing Opposing Fronts. I checked the Xfire forums and there were a couple of people that had this problem, but a definite fix wasn't given. That was late last year. Still, I'd like to find a way to fix it for real.

Edit 2: Sorry for all the questions, but I've got another one. Is the tab on the bottom taskbar on Windows supposed to say "Company of Heroes" or "Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts"? Right now mine just says "Company of Heroes."

Edited by GrimeyAK