New Look Ghosts

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, Brett, you may have just saved this franchise...can't wait what lurks in Mono's Mod...along with your mod of course.

Jeez, it would be nice if Ubisoft/GRIN at least buy you your favorite drink. :whistle:

Black and Tan of course! :cheers:

I don't know about saving the franchise, I'm just having fun with the game adding things and trying to change the overall look a bit. To be honest, i don't expect this mod to have much impact on the GR state of affairs or even that many people to use it, but it is still fun to do. I do appreciate your enthusiasm and everyone else's kind words too.

One thing I just noticed about the merc body is that when you use it(as a player) it has a little more fog then normal. I'm not sure what is causing this. It's not horrible, just a little different. It doesn't matter which head you use, it seems to be something with the body. I noticed in the xml, it doesn't have this object listed: efx_cloudplane. I stripped it out of mitchell and tried adding it as a seperate object(like a peice of gear) but that kept crashing. I then stuck it in one of the helmets and re-exported. It worked fine, but didn't have any effect on the fog. Using the sf bodies doesn't seem to affect the fog level.

One thing I just noticed about the merc body is that when you use it(as a player) it has a little more fog then normal. I'm not sure what is causing this. It's not horrible, just a little different. It doesn't matter which head you use, it seems to be something with the body. I noticed in the xml, it doesn't have this object listed: efx_cloudplane. I stripped it out of mitchell and tried adding it as a seperate object(like a peice of gear) but that kept crashing. I then stuck it in one of the helmets and re-exported. It worked fine, but didn't have any effect on the fog. Using the sf bodies doesn't seem to affect the fog level.

The SF bodies would be tuned to that of the ghosts as their parts are used by the players in MP.

I don't know what this may be, but I'll take a look at it.

select_ramirez_01.jpg

Newer look Ghosts. Upated with new headgear and replaced the images. Goto the first post to see them.

hey since this looks like a in-game screen shot, is that how there going to hold the weapons ?

cause don't they usually hold it by the magazine catch or something ?

just wondering

Edited by MrNothing

sometimes they actually use the handguard, but most of the time its really the magazine well. which is actually quite mod-friendly, as varying weapon heights dont stand out so much. if you look closer you see theres still some air between the hand and the handguard, because the M4 is simply smaller than the SCAR.

Edited by SpringMan

If he knows how to make them do that then he's definatly god of GRAW modding.

I prefer the mag grip, especially from FPV, I don't like the wider grip at all. It's appropriate for a pump action weapon but you'll most often see the tighter, more comfortable grip in the field. Not necessarilly the mag grip, I'm just saying the grip should be much further back.

Edited by doubletap

... because the M4 is simply smaller than the SCAR.

I though he would be using the M416 animation for the M4. They are more... similar.

I started to a few months ago but it became a bit of a pain and not really worth it to get everything to line up right. The main problem begint the M416 has a flipsight in the front and the M4 has a built in sight. So for optics it was too low now...the opposite of before. Iron sights actually worked great though, but the m203 anims were strange because the grenade launchers are different. It's give or take. I can't exactly remember, it just wasn't worth it to redo all the positioning when they were close enough (save for ironsights). The other strange issue was the forgrip. For some reason those anims are slighty off zero, just weird and tricky to line up the sights.

As for the Ramirez screenshot. They hold all their weapons like that when you have them stack up on a wall. Even if it has a foregrip, they'll go into that pose. It's pretty cool. When they move out, they'll flip around the corner on one knee and cover the area before going. It just looks nice. I think those type of cornerns have to be designed in the map layout..not sure.

Edited by Brettzies

I prefer the mag grip, especially from FPV, I don't like the wider grip at all. It's appropriate for a pump action weapon but you'll most often see the tighter, more comfortable grip in the field. Not necessarilly the mag grip, I'm just saying the grip should be much further back.

No, I'm talkin about the corner leaning thing. I don't like the traditional style fps thing. R6V has a nice "take cover" feature, where you can lean around walls and stuff.

Is headgear like this possible?

Force recon balaclava

I put that on my list, but i didn't actually do it. One, I think it needs to be part of a head so that it deforms along with it when they turn. I haven't figured out exporting just heads yet. I gave it a few go's but moved on for now. There's a tutorial about the whole body for Graw1 though, and I assume doing just a head is very similar.

Did someone ever figure out the Sniper Ghillie suit? I remember reading about a Hume? model that contained a ghillie suit... I think that would be an awesome addition. Wolf, any info??

open your u_teammates.xml and make your Hume look like this:

@teammate_ai_macro( teammate_hume, ghost_team_cloth, teammate_hume_husk, joh_, john_sound )

<!-- @teammate_inv_macro( teammate_hume_inv, ghost_team, teammate_hume_husk, joh_, john_sound ) -->

@teammate_player_macro( teammate_hume_player, ghost_team_cloth, teammate_hume_husk, john_sound )

@teammate_husk_macro( teammate_hume_husk, ghost_team_cloth, joh_, john_sound, HUME )

the important part is the CLOTH in "ghost_team_cloth"!

Edited by SpringMan

Did someone ever figure out the Sniper Ghillie suit? I remember reading about a Hume? model that contained a ghillie suit... I think that would be an awesome addition. Wolf, any info??

open your u_teammates.xml and make your Hume look like this:

@teammate_ai_macro( teammate_hume, ghost_team_cloth, teammate_hume_husk, joh_, john_sound )

<!-- @teammate_inv_macro( teammate_hume_inv, ghost_team, teammate_hume_husk, joh_, john_sound ) -->

@teammate_player_macro( teammate_hume_player, ghost_team_cloth, teammate_hume_husk, john_sound )

@teammate_husk_macro( teammate_hume_husk, ghost_team_cloth, joh_, john_sound, HUME )

the important part is the CLOTH in "ghost_team_cloth"!

Awesome Thanks! :P I have an Ageia card, but I wan't sure where or how to get this to work. Thanks SpringMan!

:thumbsup:

just curious on how ppl extracted the bp_weapons pack, coz I unzipped it directly to a fresh installed+1.4 patched overwriting the context.xml, and see the new weapons, but I dont have the skins. :(

is there something else I'm missing?

is there a bundle I'm suppose to do?

I've never installed GRAW2 btw, just the demo. Demo was uninstalled before installing retail game.

thanks in advance :thumbsup: