New Look Ghosts

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brett a help please. In u-teammates files, how do you edit this section?:

@teammate_ai_macro( ag_teammate_hume, ghost_team_cloth, ag_teammate_hume_husk, joh_, john_sound )

@teammate_player_macro( ag_teammate_hume_player, ghost_team_cloth, ag_teammate_hume_husk, john_sound )

@teammate_husk_macro( ag_teammate_hume_husk, ghost_team_cloth, joh_, john_sound, HUME )

I use mex_sf_heavy but i don´t know how change in this section. How do you did whit mex_sf_light?

Brett a help please. In u-teammates files, how do you edit this section?:

@teammate_ai_macro( ag_teammate_hume, ghost_team_cloth, ag_teammate_hume_husk, joh_, john_sound )

@teammate_player_macro( ag_teammate_hume_player, ghost_team_cloth, ag_teammate_hume_husk, john_sound )

@teammate_husk_macro( ag_teammate_hume_husk, ghost_team_cloth, joh_, john_sound, HUME )

I use mex_sf_heavy but i don´t know how change in this section. How do you did whit mex_sf_light?

That is only for the Ageia specific Hume character. The guille suit version.

mich2001_ghost_01.jpg

mich2001_ghost_02.jpg

Figured out a way to turn the headgear off in first person view so it doesn't get in the way. Also got Mitchell's head working, mainly just for variety. Though, he has a few holes where his ears should be, and his goggles are on. The other ghosts have their helmet built into the mesh so I don't think they are usable.

YOUUUUUUU are awesome at this lol

and did you say your going to release a model with a nv goggles on the helmet ?

sick

and sorry for the "yoooou" thing - small joke

the souija boy thing got stuck in my head since its everywhere, even in my freakin school and it gets pretty annoying

Brett,

Great work :thumbsup: The units look awesome and the lineup should stay that way. I'm not a fan of the boonie (they look great, just don't want them for my units), but I'm sure that I can give him a MICH 2001 myself. By the way, would you consider giving the helmets a norotos nvg mount http://www6.ocn.ne.jp/~devgru/Helmet.html ?

I think it would go well with your outstanding helmets.

Edited by bugkill

Figured out a way to turn the headgear off in first person view so it doesn't get in the way. Also got Mitchell's head working, mainly just for variety. Though, he has a few holes where his ears should be, and his goggles are on. The other ghosts have their helmet built into the mesh so I don't think they are usable.

How do you do this?

Brett,

Great work :thumbsup: The units look awesome and the lineup should stay that way. I'm not a fan of the boonie (they look great, just don't want them for my units), but I'm sure that I can give him a MICH 2001 myself. By the way, would you consider giving the helmets a norotos nvg mount http://www6.ocn.ne.jp/~devgru/Helmet.html ?

Thanks. It will be easy to change the headgear to whatever is available. I put it all in the xml at the top and in the units. It should be pretty easy to understand. Just turning on and off comments really. I figured for the squad one of the guys should have the boonie hat just for variety.

As for making new stuff. I'm kind of running out of steam, so that will have to wait for next version maybe. Too bad you can't select your gear like you can your weapon or putting this stuff in would be more enjoyable. Having people edit an xml to switch out helmets and hats is kind of a pain. Some peope might want all boonie hats, some might want no nvgs. Who knows?

Lookin great Brett, lovin the new images.

Thanks. Glad you like them. The mp part works when I make a server myself, but I'm guessin there will be issues with the weapons if people join. I'm implementing it all anyway. Maybe a bundle will help if I can get it to work right...but, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

How do you do this?

There's probably a better way, maybe some code or something. Basically I put a dummy object in my headgear and tell the unit to switch to that lod when it gets within a certain distance. When it's on your head, it's so close that it uses that object...which is bascially nothing. You'll never be able to get that close to the others guys in order to "activate" the dummy object and have their helmet disappear. I've tried.

How do you do this?

There's probably a better way, maybe some code or something. Basically I put a dummy object in my headgear and tell the unit to switch to that lod when it gets within a certain distance. When it's on your head, it's so close that it uses that object...which is bascially nothing. You'll never be able to get that close to the others guys in order to "activate" the dummy object and have their helmet disappear. I've tried.

This is a classic way to solve it without having to have access to the source code. And it's used otherwise as well in many games. I don't know which method was used in GRAW2 as a matter of fact.

Maybe a bundle will help if I can get it to work right...but, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Didn't I say I'd help you out with this if needed. ;)

EDIT: Oh, I reed that wrong. The bundle will not help if it's an index value issue. But I'll help you fix the bundle.

keep up the good work brettzies !

once this update comes out, the game will feel alot more real without those space age type suits

well not really. but it feels more tactical with the update your coming with =)

plus

will this also work with other camo's ?

ive got a bunch of camo's i made

(really bad but i like them ones)

can you use them because it looks like you've got penguins multicam already

Maybe a bundle will help if I can get it to work right...but, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Didn't I say I'd help you out with this if needed. ;)

EDIT: Oh, I reed that wrong. The bundle will not help if it's an index value issue. But I'll help you fix the bundle.

What do you mean by indexing issue? It will be nice to make a real bundle though, but on the other hand, if it's bundled, people will have to unbundle it to change the headgear. Still, it would be cool to have one file go out. Last time I remember the issues being the intro movie didn't play and no textures in game for anything at all, walls, etc.

Edited by Brettzies

What do you mean by indexing issue? It will be nice to make a real bundle though, but on the other hand, if it's bundled, people will have to unbundle it to change the headgear. Still, it would be cool to have one file go out. Last time I remember the issues being the intro movie didn't play and no textures in game for anything at all, walls, etc.

For MP play you would need a bundle to make it simple for the servers. Players won't have options in MP anyhow.

For SP you could release an open version allowing the players to "select" stuff.

Indexing. If the mod index has been given a variable size of 32 (which is a power of 2 number so it's very likely as it's the smallest power of 2 value which would work with the original contents size) , it can only be changed in the code.

I can look around and see if I can find it. But it may have to be changed in multiple places and I can't be sure I'd find them all.

Looking great so far , well that ' s seems you do a great job again !! can ' t wait for the final release ;)

(my maps for graw 1 ) :

http://www.onlinegamersnetwork.com/download.php?view.229

http://www.onlinegamersnetwork.com/download.php?view.222

http://www.onlinegamersnetwork.com/download.php?view.228

enjoy ! peace ! :)

Edited by demonace

For MP play you would need a bundle to make it simple for the servers. Players won't have options in MP anyhow.

For SP you could release an open version allowing the players to "select" stuff.

Indexing. If the mod index has been given a variable size of 32 (which is a power of 2 number so it's very likely as it's the smallest power of 2 value which would work with the original contents size) , it can only be changed in the code.

I can look around and see if I can find it. But it may have to be changed in multiple places and I can't be sure I'd find them all.

Thanks for the info Wolfsong. That was my assumption for the attachment issue. The whole power of 2 thing. I assume for mp it's streamlined as much as possible and why waste bit space if you aren't using it. Bundling it would be cool anyway. People who know how to mess with the xmls know how to un-bundle anyway. We'll see, perhaps it will all work out.