New Look Ghosts

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow

i have not played graw 2 in like - a gazillion years.

and now that i see this. i want to start playing again lol.

good job looks very nice both the M4 and ghost's !

but since your still are working on the M4 - do you mind adding an AN-PEQ laser to the M16 / M4 / M468 / SPR ?

and also if you could add a 30 round magazine to the SPR instead of a 20 since i've seen some pictures of SPR's with 30 round mag's , that would be awesome too !

anyways gl on the work and hope to see it soon - or later.

Edited by MrNothing

Here's some Brett:

black helmet........

Well, the idea was to make them look less like space men...not more. The first half dome test is going in that direction though. Kind of like a DeathStar camo pattern going. But, this was just to confirm that it can be done. Once I build them, it will take a little finessing to get them on right, this is promising though.

helmet_test_01.jpg

For example, i can´t create mercenary heads whit mex special forces helmet. I like to know how do you create your us marine head (whit mex sf helmet).

What I did was duplicate the mex_sf_helmet.xml and diesel file. Then in the units file: u_mex_special_forces.xml I added the duplicate helmets so theyed get parsed in via the script Grin wrote:

<!-- headgear -->

@gear_def( mex_sf_sniper_headgear, mexican_special_forces/mex_sf_sniper_headgear.xml )

@gear_def( mex_sf_sniper_headgear_mic, mexican_special_forces/mex_sf_sniper_headgear_mic.xml )

@gear_def( mex_sf_helmet, mexican_special_forces/mex_sf_helmet.xml )

@gear_def( mex_sf_helmet_cloth, mexican_special_forces/mex_sf_helmet_cloth.xml )

@gear_def( ghost_sf_helmet, ghost_team/ghost_sf_helmet.xml )

@gear_def( usmc_helmet, usmc/usmc_helmet.xml )

@gear_def( usmc_helmet_cloth, usmc/usmc_helmet_cloth.xml )

@gear_def( ghost_sf_helmet_test, ghost_team/ghost_sf_helmet_test.xml )

So, it's unit name followed by unit file location <xdefine name="head_def( unit_name, model_file)">

Nice work Bret :thumbsup: but i still needing your help. I can create a mercenary head whit mex_sf_helmet, but they aren´t compatibles. Where i can find others head models in the game, like mercenary? the model head for your us marines is good, where i can find it? (sorry for my bad english)

Nice work Bret :thumbsup: but i still needing your help. I can create a mercenary head whit mex_sf_helmet, but they aren´t compatibles. Where i can find others head models in the game, like mercenary? the model head for your us marines is good, where i can find it? (sorry for my bad english)

Sorry Brettzies, forgive my question. I look your marine`s screenshoot again, and is like my model. Thanks for help me....

ballcap_02.jpg

ballcap_01.jpg

Baseball cap. That default one is like a short bill or something. I've just been using Ramirez as my test subject. He has the light sf body model.

Otherwsie spent most of my time on bitmap icons for the eotech for the various weapons, not hard to do but slow. Trying to get through Assassin's Creed too.

Edited by Brettzies

I have a new problem. My new models work fine in the missions 1, but now Hume is lost: is not in the panel team, and missions 2 crash whit Beasley. This is a error:

Crash in application version: 30621.2989

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(-1): No soldier template named "BEASLEY_m02"

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecampaign.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\networkmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: normal

Physics : threaded

Can anybody help me whit this problem? i want to know that was wrong...

I have a new problem. My new models work fine in the missions 1, but now Hume is lost: is not in the panel team, and missions 2 crash whit Beasley. This is a error:

Crash in application version: 30621.2989

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(-1): No soldier template named "BEASLEY_m02"

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecampaign.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\networkmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: normal

Physics : threaded

Can anybody help me whit this problem? i want to know that was wrong...

You must have removed the "BEASLEY_m02" template in the ghost_templates.xml file. Or you have removed something it depends on in there, the group_manager.xml or the u_teammates.xml.

mich2001_sf_01.jpg

mich2001_sf_02.jpg

The sf head version tweaked to fit over the hood.

Just think, with characters that looked like yours, more maps and some decent coop gameplay GRAW2 could have been a winner. :rocky:

Glad you guys are liking the way they are shaping up. You know, this game is actually really fun to mod save for some annoying limitations(char anims). When you look at all the xmls, there's a lot of modular aspects to the gear, bodies, weapons, camo patterns. Had they built an interface for the characters the way they did for the weapons, it would have been sweet. You pick your head gear, eyewear, body gear, body base, camo and color patterns, etc.

Damn!!!! that is a great job. How about releasing that helmet as a stand-alone with instructions on how to assign it to the different models? Also, I think the helmet would go better with the Mex_sf_heavy skin., but it still looks great.

The idea is that you can put it on any of the soldier body types. You will have to edit the xmls however. I plan to release it with all the headgear in the xml but commented out except for the one being used. Not sure about multiplayer...I haven't made it that far yet. I don't plan on releasing anything seperately, but you are welcome to strip it out afterwards for your own use. If you release anything using it, just give me credit for the parts you use.

Glad you guys are liking the way they are shaping up. You know, this game is actually really fun to mod save for some annoying limitations(char anims).

Missing civilians with no weapons. :whistle:

Once again though, nice job. Will add them if i get a mission made for sure.

Amazing work with the Brown model and the Mich 2001 looks great on the ghosts. Can't wait to see the release and the community owes you one for this and all the other great work you have done for this game. GRIN owes guys like you and Snowfella for keeping this game relevant.