new_ghosts_02.jpg

new_ghosts_01.jpg

Ramirez

Brown

Hume

Mitchell

Beasely

Jenkins

I took Mitchell's helmet off because the brim showed up in fps view. It was kind of distracting. You can use the old helmet(it shows up black digi camo), but it still looks out of place. So I just took it off. I might try to add those hockey style helmets, but this is just based on what the game has built in.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they look great so far. i didn't like the crye suits in GRAW1 and used the marine model, but i found it too complicated to change in GRAW2. i always envied the console players for their MP models.

this way the ghosts don't look like a bunch of storm troopers against an orc horde.

Please tell me you did this without any 3d modeling. Is it done in the xmls? :bounce:

as far as i can see, he did at least some re-texturing, but no modeling (yet). he provides all the information you need here http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...47786&st=15.

can't wait for Brettzies custom version nonetheless!

Edited by SpringMan

Marine Team Lead

marine_04_lt.jpg

Marine Rifleman

marine_05_rifle.jpg

Marine Automatic Rifleman

marine_06_saw.jpg

I was working on switching out the Marines with some of the better looking models in the game and ran into a big problem, thought I solved it, but it still seems to exits.

Whenever you load a saved game, the gear(hip pouches, holsters, etc) defaults back to the mex_sf_cam swatch. I tried to make the gear unique to the ghosts and usmc, but for some reason it still jumps back if you load a savedgame. Pretty frustrating because it messes up the whole look. I'm not sure why it keeps jumping back. It's as if it doesn't save that info in the save game file. I've noticed if I make changes to the gear, I have to start the mission over for them to show up. Another GRINddle to figure out. :hmm:

HE'S BACK! :D

Great screenshots Brettzies.

Glad you like them. I forgot how addicting and time consuming modding can be.

Well, after many hours of toil and even some solutions that took a long time to do and appeared to work but really broke something else, I think I finally got the gear(pouches, holsters, etc) to stick with the correct camo for both the USMC and Ghosts even after loading a saved game. Gonna do some more testing, but hopefully they won't break anymore.

very kewl stuff going on there!

Brettzies since you have done this, have you thought about making your very own solider? a squad that would complment you M4 package?

maybe a detla force feal or a ranger? somthing that is not comprised of pre done meshes, it would certainly add to the appeal of graw.

Edited by jonjacob34

very kewl stuff going on there!

Brettzies since you have done this, have you thought about making your very own solider? a squad that would complment you M4 package?

maybe a detla force feal or a ranger? somthing that is not comprised of pre done meshes, it would certainly add to the appeal of graw.

Building a whole character takes time. It would be cool, but you have to deal with the whole bone setup, skin weighting, not to mention the export/import into the game would be a pain by itself. Might be possible to do head gear though without a lot of headaches. I was just never crazy about the crye-suits and their helmets especially.

I'll probably release what I've done after I add a few more goodies to it.

eotech_01_600.jpg

Great Job! GRIN should have hired you to come up with the Ghost models. I will say that I feel that the Ghosts should have coyote tan color , instead of the black for their gear. Also, I feel that the Ghosts in this game are doing mainly direct action missions and I feel that a helmet should be worn by all the operators (even though they look cool as hell without one also). I would go with the MICH 2001 and the IBH, and you could just add those helmets to each individual operator as you see fit.

I got some good pics that I can share with you and some personal knowledge, just shoot me a PM with your email and I send them to you. Great job, bro :thumbsup:

Great Job! GRIN should have hired you to come up with the Ghost models. I will say that I feel that the Ghosts should have coyote tan color , instead of the black for their gear. Also, I feel that the Ghosts in this game are doing mainly direct action missions and I feel that a helmet should be worn by all the operators (even though they look cool as hell without one also). I would go with the MICH 2001 and the IBH, and you could just add those helmets to each individual operator as you see fit.

I got some good pics that I can share with you and some personal knowledge, just shoot me a PM with your email and I send them to you. Great job, bro :thumbsup:

I didn't build the actual models, just taking the ones that look better and mixing em up to look more contemporary. I think I might be able to build some head gear though and get that into the game. Send me the pics if you have some good ones.

For camo patterns, everyone is going to be different. One reason I went with the black is to make them stand out from the enemy forces since they are using similar models as their base (mex_sf_light, mex_sf_heavy, and merc).

Patience folks, with the next patch being close to release, Brettzies would save himself alot of work, waiting to see what xml's have been updated. Like the eotech look. The skins would sure give game a new look as well. Nice job, as usual.