Friday Nights Cod4 Game Information

Rocky

Good games last night again. If only Virgin would sort out my net connection :wall:

You're with Virgin? When I saw all the hastle you were having I wondered who it was. Keep at them mate, something is definately up there and it shouldn't happen on their network.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sky BB, kicks ass. touch wood.

Awe, now you've gone and done it.

Last weekend one evening I was chatting BB at a relatives house, and I was commenting on how reliable Virgin's BB was.

The next day, the entire network went down in Scotland.

I've been with Virgin BB (originally Telewest) for 8 years and never had any real issues. If support was ever needed it was quick & efficient. I wouldn't change regardless of offers. They'd have to get pretty grim for me to switch to ADSL!

Anyhoo, back on topic....... I'm with Krambo :ermm:, I think UAV & airstrikes are the way to go. They add to the gameplay and don't overstretch the realism aspect. The one-shot helo kill (nice touch) does enough to remove that uber-weapon before it causes real carnage!

I think the difference is that on a huge 50 man server the airstrikes can come think and fast and are just an annoyance, whereas on our server with between a dozen and twenty people on it, they don't come so fast as to be frustratingly annoying, but they do still reward good players/teams.

Personally, the airstrikes/helos and such are important for kill count. Working as a team and using strategy are far more rewarding if you use it. The only time I've ever felt great about an airstrike is when I've been able to use it with a teammate who has radar.

I got lagged out of the game unfortunately because they were good games, I had periods where suddenly all the players would freeze in place and then suddenly shoot across the map and I would get killed by players I never even saw, I hung in there for as long as i could but in the end it was no good..

On the upside i did manage to run into Rocky a couple of times I think we were pretty much even for the night by the time I left.. 0:)

I might try again tonight and see if my connection is any better.

Thnx for games.

Had a issue though. I spawned, but was still choosing my kit. I hear my gun firing and i even TK`d someone, but was not in control of my character, as i was still getting a gun?

>_<

Yeh that's a bit unusual, but what you really want to do is set up your 5 custom kits before joining, then during the nights game all you're doing is swicthing between kits, ie maybe a CQB kit, or a sniper kit, or an assualt gun kit - just with a click of the button as you join the game.

Zeno has been busy and set this up for us.

Ok me hearties. Following extensive research which has given me permanent brain damage I have created server 7 the GRnet mod server.

We have tested it and it seems fine. Might test it a bit more and use it next week.

Following items removed

last stand

Martydom

dead silence

UAV

Airstrike

Helicopter

GL

extra grenades

extreme conditioning

eavesdropping

The only rule you would need to remember is to crouch!

Ok me hearties. Following extensive research which has given me permanent brain damage I have created server 7 the GRnet mod server.

We have tested it and it seems fine. Might test it a bit more and use it next week.

Following items removed

last stand

Martydom

dead silence

UAV

Airstrike

Helicopter

GL

extra grenades

extreme conditioning

eavesdropping

Mmmm, not happy losing the extra grenades and I reckon a few of my fellow {B:P:R}'s will think their hands have been cut off, losing the noob-tube! :lol:

Still, no doubt it will still be as fun as ever.

Great games last night, nice to see the lag issue got sorted out.

Edited by FatmanDaz

T'was a hoot last night.

First off I have to apologies to anyone who was on my team and thought I was Ignoring them on TS. 'Specially Custard as I TK'd him more than one.

I had been apologising on TS for it, but only when everyone had cleared out and I was speaking (or trying to) Halli and Rocky that I realised that my TS wasn't working (as per usual. Rocky can confirm me and TS don't work too well together).

Also I'd like to see a feature added that bans Rocky from using text messages like "I took your base while I was on the phone", which he expanded to "I took the base while I was in the shower on the phone".

Not big and not clever.

Next time, the car will be running Mister :ph34r:

Yeah it was well fun last night..

and yes rocky those comments were rather immature, your supposed to be an example. :ph34r:

Ah, they only seemed immature to you because you're not old enough to appreciate our mature sense of humour :thumbsup:

Me and T have been trading blows (in the best possible taste) for many years, I have to remember sometimes that not everyone will tolerate my weegie teasing. I did it on another server recently and was promptly told to quit the weegie jokes or he'd come round and rape my dog. T on the other hand offers to buy me a pint. You did say you were buying right T? :thumbsup:

Following items removed

last stand

Martydom

dead silence

UAV

Airstrike

Helicopter

GL

extra grenades

extreme conditioning

eavesdropping

fantastic news! sry to say but on friday night the server seemed no different than any other server... airstrike after airstrike, nadespamfest, peeps running and jumping :/

think there was just too many in there IMHO.

most annoying thing was the random spawns when the base was captured, because there was so many ppl, no matter where you spawned, you always seemed to get shot instantly. guess it was just the number of players. which is a shame becasue it's just that the server is so damn popular :)

That is a major pain in the butt getting shot etc every time you spawn, perhaps we could have a spawn protection timer added just to give you time to get your bearings before you move off and to stop you getting shot while you are spawning.. :hmm: