Friday Nights Cod4 Game Information

Rocky

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything still current on the front page of this thread?

IP=74.86.116.136:28966 PW=Rocky

I will be bringing my PC to someone else's house tomorrow and hope to get on the server for the first time. He has better internet then me, but his is still pretty slow so I'll be somewhat laggy but I want to test it out anyways. Thanks.

Everything still current on the front page of this thread?

IP=74.86.116.136:28966 PW=Rocky

I will be bringing my PC to someone else's house tomorrow and hope to get on the server for the first time. He has better internet then me, but his is still pretty slow so I'll be somewhat laggy but I want to test it out anyways. Thanks.

That is all correct and the teamspeak ip 66.29.87.135:8072

hope to see you Friday & maybe Saturday :gun:

Ok I should be home in another hour or so to try to get on.

When it says no "nade spamming" on the server rules, does that mean I can't use the 3 times flash bang or stun? I like to use those before I enter a room sometimes. Hope I can make it tonight.

<_<

Had a full system lockup on China Town. Plus kick for a certain weapon on killhouse. They both run fine usually. New patch has any effect on the server loaded mods and so?

When your dead, and it still goes click... :)

Nade spamming means do not throw nades without seeing or hearing a target. Do NOT nade known choke points assuming someone is there.

We will have to take killhouse out of the GRNet rotation to find out what is wrong. I dont understand why it didnt work as it is in both the stock and Tactical Realism Mod servers. We will investigate this.

Good games

Edited by Rocky

Had another full system lockup tonight. >_< Playing a stock map too.

When you reboot COD4, you are prompted with an option to leave or adjust your settings. A indication to try lower settings? Or is the a automatic message you would always receive? I fear it is just a glitche with the new patch but..2 nights and 2 lockups are not good.

Good games all, the more we talk, the more the win.

The message states something like "COD4 failed to shut down (or close) properly on the previous run... blah blah blah, would you like to run in safe mode?

YES, NO, HELL NO... etc. etc.

The thing with this is that, this only works if your system cant hack the graphics. If the error was a file error, then always choose NO. What this does is revert your graphics to mostly the lowest resolution and lowest texture settings, which you will have to manually change back to normal on the next run of the program. Its a waste to run the game in this so called "Safe Mode" because as far as I can tell, it only changes graphics settings to crap.

Yep, it drops all your settings to low. Had it again today. Each time a different server <_< 3 times and strike out, and a stab in the dark guess. Only connection i see so far, is, on all occasions I had been at it for at least 2 hours, and each server was full. I think I may be overheating here, will look into it.

Nade spamming means do not throw nades without seeing or hearing a target. Do NOT nade known choke points assuming someone is there.

We will have to take killhouse out of the GRNet rotation to find out what is wrong. I dont understand why it didnt work as it is in both the stock and Tactical Realism Mod servers. We will investigate this.

Good games

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I really enjoyed playing on the server this weekend. It was a really refreshing gamestyle. Some of the game modes really reminded me of socom on the playstation two where you had objectives and only one life. Made it intense. I also really liked that the guns with different attachments were already unlocked for me so it made for an even playing field.

I will note however, that when I first joined the server on Friday I was warned not to go up a certain staircase as it was being naded right at the start of the game. I actually don't mind it, since it teaches me to just sit back for a second or choose a different route and then that person is out of nades. Other then that though there was really no issue with nades at all and as I stated above I had a blast playing. The neighbors internet though that I was playing with is just not reliable enough to play the game online. I had pings up into the 6 and 700 hundreds all night, even after I joined other servers.

Thanks to those who were on my team for bearing with me as well. I've just barely started playing and people were nice enough to explain the objectives on each map for me.

Something weird about the game I've noticed though is that in my stats it says I have 43 kills, but on the challenges part where I have to get 25 kills on each weapon to unlock the red dot scope for that weapon it shows that I've only had kills on the saw and that the total kills for that gun is 7. I know i've had kills on other weapons, so I'm just worried the game might not be picking up accurate numbers.

Edited by dporter

Hi dporter

Good to have you on the server.

We have rules which are generally respected without need for reminders.

The most important rule is no running. Exceptions - when under fire you may quickly dodge to cover and you can run from a grenade. Some abuse this by running in anticipation. This is unneccesary when people can use smoke to cover the advance.

Grenade spamming. It was me that warned you about the right hand outside stairs on Broadcast. This rule is often forgotten by some. But equally when I know its coming it doesnt bother me since the enemy use up their grenades.

Rules enforcement. This is a private server, the players on the server are readers of a few select forums. As a result the quality of the games is quite high and I personally am reluctant to spoil the enjoyment by kicking players. Which is why these occasional abuses go mostly unmentioned and often unpunished.

However if abusers spoil the gameplay, it will be mentioned followed by a swift boot.

In order to eliminate pesky perks suchas the never to be revlied enough martyrdom and last stand not to mention the headache inducing airstrike and choppers we had to create a modded server. The downside of a modded server is that it does not help you to rank up, which is inconvenient when you go to play on ranked servers.

I am sorry i could not stay longer but I am glad you had a good time, good to have you with us.

By the way if you want to rank up quick join a free for all server playing shipment or the new kill house. They sometimes have 50 players in a confined space and you will find that you can achieve most challenges and fast rank upgrades in these confined spaces.

• 2 weeks later...

I as usual had a lot of fun last night, but I’ve have friends over tonight for dinnerfeedme.gif

so I’m going to miss out on tonight games. :(

So jab a knife in your opponent & say that’s from Floyd whistle.gif