Friday Nights Cod4 Game Information

Rocky

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Install the map folder in the usermaps folder and copy the IWD file out of the map folder into the Mods/grnetmod folder.

Start up CoD4 and start the mod and type into console "/map mp_mapname" where mapname is the name of the uday_v2 map.

No map folder in my download?? 2 x ff files and a iwd file.

iwd file goes into grnet mod folder?

ff files into a new folder named? and placed where?

A little set of simple instructions with these downloads would be very nice.

>_<

No map folder in my download?? 2 x ff files and a iwd file.

iwd file goes into grnet mod folder?

ff files into a new folder named? and placed where?

A little set of simple instructions with these downloads would be very nice.

>_<

Extract it maintaining folder structure it it extracts to a named folder. After that I assume it just gets dropped in the Mods folder....

Edit > missed Walters post, so I need to copy a file out of there and put it in the grnet folder..? K....

Go ahead and download it.

You need to locate your "usermaps" and "mods" folders

create a folder named "mp_uday_v2" in "usermaps"

put the 2 .ff files in there.

If you have never played on the GRnet server you should let the autodownload install the .iwd file, if you have put the .iwd file into the "grnetmod" subdirectory of "mods".

Apologies Tinker for the lack of instruction, we avoid putting too many new maps on this server because of the choas that invariably ensues, but we all seemed to get there in the end.

The filefront link, or the other link? They both work for me...

Try this? http://files.filefront.com/mp+uday+v2zip/;...;/fileinfo.html

Do I need to download and install this mod before joining in, or does it auto-update once I join the server? Thanks in advance for the info

Because it's so small it's actually easier just to join the server and let it auto download and install, in this case.

Go ahead and download it.

You need to locate your "usermaps" and "mods" folders

create a folder named "mp_uday_v2" in "usermaps"

put the 2 .ff files in there.

Thanks for the info. Only prob is I can't find the usermaps folder.

There is a mods folder but it is here:

c:/program files/activision/call of duty 4 - modern warfare/mods

But no usermaps folder - do I have to create that myself?

Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare

\Docs

\main

\miles

\Mods\grnetmod

+ mp_uday_v2.iwd

\pb

\players

\usermaps\mp_uday_v2

+ mp_uday_v2.ff

+ mp_uday_v2_load.ff

\zone

Those are the folders and where the files belong. If the folders don't exist, create them.

HTH

Edited by Walter

Thanks for dropping in tonight CR6 you played really well considering how much rubbish you had to listen to in TS, hope you can make it a regular event with the rest of us.. 0:):thumbsup:

Good to see you as always Rocky.. :D

Thanks for dropping in tonight CR6 you played really well considering how much rubbish you had to listen to in TS, hope you can make it a regular event with the rest of us.. 0:):thumbsup:

It was a real pleasure to play with you all, and it was an honor to take all those bullets for my team LOL :P

No worries about the Teamspeak - you Spartans are very cool-headed and professional-sounding under fire. :notworthy:

It's also a good thing I didn't have a mic as your concentration would have been broken with all my "Doh!'s" walking into claymores etc. :wall:

After often being frustrated with playing with the run & gun/spray & pray style of the typical COD4 server, it was a real treat to play with the gr.net mod - much more intense, exciting and gratifying. The gr.net mod for COD4 is pretty much what I would imagine as the perfect next-gen successor to the original [GR] MP experience.

Thanks to all of you for your help and especially Rocky to get me squared away with details like Xfire and Teamspeak :thumbsup:

BTW, Rocky does a great Sean Connery impression :thumbsup:

I haven't played on the gr.net server yet.

I am in the process of getting me ducks in a row.

I was able to join TS. Just popped in and out to see if I could join. Bound some hotkeys to join either SAS/US or Opfor.

Connected to the game server in the wee hours GMT so I was the only one on.

Fortunate for all concerned. My ping was much better then expected being I am 'Merican. It may be a different story with other people actually playing on the server.

It took two attempts to auto update but I guess I am good to go if I was able to join?

A little unsure about the weapon loadouts. Do I have to choose my loadout, if different from stock loadout for each class, each map or is there a way to save it?

Thanks