Friday Nights Cod4 Game Information

Rocky

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, exactly mate, most of the maps you don't need to sprint anywhere but a couple of them like "Crossfire" where you can't get across that open ground forces you to either travel down the bottle necks where you know you will be picked off, or else staying in the area where you spawn which makes the game a bit static..

Btw, i think the link for the maps "Downpour" and "Overgrown" in your post above have the same image numbers mate, i get "Overgrown" for both links..

Cheers to panic for putting these up They'll be a great help to me anyhow.

Found the link for downpour

Downpour

:thumbsup:

K

Edited by Kanima

I've come close to running across the road in Crossfire but managed to resist, in line with the rules. It's a bit of a pain but I've gotten into the habit of getting to the extreme ends of the road to cross over, which usually works except when Custard has his sniping hat on! :ph34r:

I downloaded the maps yesterday afternoon and promptly spent half an hour getting more and more confused. Short of pinning hard copies to the walls I'm buggered if I'm going to remember all these names in-game! :wall:

And furthermore, it is realistic, US marines won't cross halfway down a street if they can safely cross behind cover somewhere else. Or they make a run for it under cover.... maybe in a couple of months with a steady crew of players we can get tactics in better use....?

anyone else think there is more TK's in this server setup than in a regular server? i got wound up from killing too many of my own team so left last night.

i usually get a couple of TK's a night on a normal server, especially if you have for example BPR Solar on your team, and you throw a frag into the pipe right in front of him and he still runs in after it :P hahaha

but in this server it seems crazy, one game i only got 3 kills and 2 deaths (pretty low allround there right?) because i'd literally spent more than 1/2 of the time dead because i kept getting killed by my own team.

or is it just me? :*(

Not just you P, happened to me a few times last night, as well. :(

I personally don't think it's this server setup as I've experienced it just about everywhere. I'd be interested in other's views but I'm begining to think it's linked with how much of the player you can actually see. It seems that anything less than half of the body doesn't bring up tags: Could it actually be a feature of the game, maybe to get the players to be less trigger happy?

I have had the same problem but not only in this server, I find that either I don't get any green tags showing above someone or it takes longer than it should to appear which leads to one of two things happening.

I either tk someone on my team or I wait a few seconds longer to confirm it's a friend of foe and I end up getting killed by the guy i am looking at, either way it's very frustrating. :wall: