"Insert original Ghost Recon CD"

mark2000

I have the gold edition of Ghost Recon that has the 3CD set. I've installed ghost Recon, Island Thunder, Desert Siege, then patched it up to 1.4 respectively. Now everytime I try to play the game, it always asks me to insert the original CD even though I already have it.

Any help would be nice.

Did you manually install the 1.4 patch? I believe the gold edition already does this, and patching to 1.4 may be the issue, if you did.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd suggest uninstalling, reinstalling, and running without the 1.4 patch, seeing if the game starts up, and then checking the version number in the bottom right of the menu screen.

Oh, and because it may be a factor, what OS are you currently running?

The gold edition i got is the one with 3 cds, not the 2 cd version with the 1.4 patch.

I played a few times without the 1.4 patch before and it was fine. The version of the game is 1.3.5 with both expansion packs installed.

I felt like I should update the game to 1.4 so I did and suddenly, it doesnt accept any of the CDs anymore.

I'm using windows XP, btw.

For now, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game again in this order: GR/DS/IT and havent installed the path 1.4 yet.

when it asks for the "original disk", it should be the Third CD (the Island Thunder one ) already in the drive before trying to launch the game.

Presumably you have no problem "Exploring" the 3rd disk and can see it's contents ok? and it doesn't have any scratches or marks on the underside of it ?

what was the source of the 1.4 patch ? as sometimes they are for a D/L version only and can mess up a Disk install (try the one wombat50 linked to above)

also what Drive do you have ? as sometime it can have difficulties in a RW (burner) drive, try it in a ROM (reader) only drive

and also if you have any drive image software Alcohol Etc on you computer it can cause problems

when it asks for the "original disk", it should be the Third CD (the Island Thunder one ) already in the drive before trying to launch the game.

I've already tried starting the game using all the disks but all of them just give me the same message.

Presumably you have no problem "Exploring" the 3rd disk and can see it's contents ok? and it doesn't have any scratches or marks on the underside of it ?

there arent really any problems with any of the disks. I even explored all 3 of them to find out if a 1.4 patch is already included but no luck.

what was the source of the 1.4 patch ? as sometimes they are for a D/L version only and can mess up a Disk install (try the one wombat50 linked to above)

gamespot, i believe.

also what Drive do you have ? as sometime it can have difficulties in a RW (burner) drive, try it in a ROM (reader) only drive

DVD RW. That's the only drive I have for using CDs though so if that's the case then I'm pretty much screwed.

and also if you have any drive image software Alcohol Etc on you computer it can cause problems

I have daemon but i never really activate it if i'm not gonna use it. Even more so if I'm gonna use my actual CD drive.

• 1 year later...

i tried replacing the 1.4 update patch with the one here but still the same result. anyways, I can now play the game with a [Edited].

I'm having exact same problem. I've downloaded my patch from http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php...view&id=172 and I'm having the same problem. My wife and I have been playing this game with patch 1.3 for months now with no problems at all. As soon as I installed patch 1.4 the "Insert original GR CD" comes up on both of our screens. She has Windows Vista and I have Windows Xp and we both have the exact same issue, so it can't be our computers, it has to be a programing issue. I've noticed that others have online had the same problem but no one has been able to get it to work. We're really dissapointed.