a new equipment mod "EDF"

Giampi

'Mmm reinstall GR ? I use to have a clean install before strating a mod, to make sure ill have the same files players will use when playing it.'

yeh im going to try one more fancy manouevre to make it work - but if that dont work ill reinstall.

i suspect its dirty now with all the ###### ive done with GR.

What does your ike.log say. Check it everytime after GR or Igor crashes.

I had a similar issue last week and it was mostly syntax errors in a number of actor files.

It got to when I tried to open igor or GR it would CTD. But I got it working again after editing the syntax errors out.

The ike always referenced .atr files in my case.

alas my friend, i am well-versed in the ways of IGOR and IKE, which is why I believe that i have somehow damaged IGOR.

ike. is revealing nothing and yet im getting to the stage where i can open up a mission in IGOR but when i try to open one of the scripts which i was editing it will throw up a 'GR has encountered an error and needs to be a m&%^$-f&^%$ now' dialogue box.

i've never had these sorts of errors b4 - so either somethin in the map is doing it, or a dodgy object, or ive got a few bugs in IGOR or GR.

THIS IS HOW EXTREME THE PROBLEM IS -

i wanted to edit some text when platoon got near a place and then edit another piece of text when they got to next place.

no matter how many times i wirte it its always the same original text shown.

so then i wipe all of the script - everything - go ingame and it still says the text.

so then i open mission in notepad and erase source and script code.

go ingame and it still says it!?!??!!?

some where in the coding it will not update or be edited.

i can add nor delete any script - its just stuck in there.

any ideas?

it seems like everytime i edit something it is just appending it - i want to make a refresh of the code in the mission so far - so its all clean. can it be done? i dont think so...

Edited by Lightspeed

i wanted to edit some text when platoon got near a place and then edit another piece of text when they got to next place.

no matter how many times i wirte it its always the same original text shown.

so then i wipe all of the script - everything - go ingame and it still says the text.

so then i open mission in notepad and erase source and script code.

go ingame and it still says it!?!??!!?

That is damn weird.

Are any of the missions close to 200 kb size?

Have you tried moving the offending mod to a folder outside of GR to see if Igor and GR function normally?

You could try to locate the error but as you wrote, maybe Igor is corrupted and it might be allot of effort and no result. Kinda hard to get a lead if ike is not writing any errors too.

Reinstall is a pain but may be the quickest way in your case.

Seeing as we are grasping at straws, are you sure the script you are editing is the one you are testing? I've been caught a few times with exactly what u r describing, but with webpage updates, and discovering I was editing a different page to the one I was looking at in the browser.

lol - I strongly believe that you would do something like that Rocky (i won't remind you of the Golden Triangle - shoot the frienly boat debarcle) ;)

but no - its the right file - i am going to trouble shoot it a little more - but I think a fresh install of GR and IGOR won't hurt so I'll do that first.

I'm sorry to inform you that there has been a disagreement in the mod team with the result that Thales and Lighty preferred to leave the project and concentrate on another own.

Ingeloop and I will proceed with the original concept of the mod so please do not consider the latest 2 or 3 pages of the mod thread.

I wish Thales and Lighty good luck for their project :thumbsup:

To keep you updated ingeloop is working hard on all the assets of this typical equipment mod while I'm concentrating on the mission scripting. The campaign should include 5 or 6 missions, we prefer to keep a low number of missions to avoid the temptation to loose the control of the mod and to provide every mission without cinematics that are usually very much time consuming.

:)

• 1 month later...