Ghost Recon.net Forums

GRPA Mod v4.0 - PC Version

I have contacted PUNiSHER and he gave me permission to work on a pc version for his GRPA mod version 4, it includes 30 custom maps.

There are some weapons and characters included in the mod too.

GRPA means Ghost Recon Players Association , its a Mac association of GR1 players.

I am working on the conversion (essentially editing .txt files and converting .aif sound files to .wav), by tomorrow ill probably upload the mod zipped.

My work on this is only to convert some files, all mod work was made by PUNiSHER and some few other modders.

Its a great map pack to modder's use, he is a cool guy that answers fast to permission requests of use his maps.

:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, but there are some issues with the command maps.

GRPA is essentially a TvT league, so PUNiSHER didnt make the CM for SP use, what means in many maps its not possible to assign waypoints, making them impossible to be played SP.

I dont know if its easy or even possible to fix this, but anyway ill upload the pack.

• 2 months later...

K ive finally uploaded GRPA v4.0, before you download this cool mod please check this info :

1- Mod was made by PUNiSHER, includes December map by Sleeper, and some maps by -V-, i have just converted some .txt files and .aif sound files to .wav, with PUNiSHER permission, since GRPA is originally a Mac mod.

2- It has been created to TvT matches, so some command maps dont work properly to SP.

3- You may contact PUNiSHER in this site - http://monoman.planetrainbowsix.gamespy.co...eague/index.php -, if you want to request some maps to use in a mod, he is a cool guy and will certainly say yes.

Link (138.77 mb):

http://files.filefront.com/GRPAv40zip/;100...;/fileinfo.html

List of maps included in this mod:

1-Ancient Ruins

2-Aztec

3-Battleground

4-Brandywine Falls

5-City Park

6-December

7-Farmstead

8-Ghost Village

9-Home

10-Jungle Camp

11-Ocean City

12-Penintentiary

13-Reservoir

14-Ski Slope

15-Venice

16-Subway

17-Lake Retreat

18-Towers

19-Ridge

20-Ranch

21-Desert City

22-Mog City

23-Shanty Town

24-The Mine

25-Central Market

26-Downtown

27-Sand Walls

28-Mexico City

29-Strongpoint

30-Desert

Wow, this is awesome. I was never aware that all these little maps had been made. They are obviously aimed for MP gameplay but many could easily suit simple missions as well. Great work by the mapper(s), sweet, simple maps.

These kind of maps were more of what the Ghost Recon community (there's only been one GR as far as i've seen) needed. There were too many big projects that were never completed and too much emphasis by modders to showcase their abilities and not enough on creating playable environments for everyone to enjoy. I hope the Mac guys got a lot of use out of these maps because I know I would have if I would have been an MP type player. It's mods like this that make me miss the good old days when GR was GR and there was no other game that i'd rather be playing.

Indeed... there are some incredible maps in this mod.

Imo Rocky should highlight this topic/mod in the News section..

The following maps are really really good:

G17 Lake Retreat

GD03 Shanty Town (lol)

G12 Penitentiary

GD04 The Mine

GD09 Strongpoint

G10 Jungle Camp

These maps aren't superb, but still very decent.

G16 Subway

G07 Farmstead

The rest wasn't really very interesting or not suitable for Hamburger Hill play. There are also some 'aimmaps' in this mod.

Anyway, if you are still unsure then go ahead and download these maps and check them out in FireFight mode or something.

It's mods like this that make me miss the good old days when GR was GR and there was no other game that i'd rather be playing.

x2 Ben, and Sleeper, great mapper, and i agree with you, these maps are "pure good and old Ghost Recon" ... :thumbsup:

Edited by Thales

Yeah, I opened them all up in Igor to have a look and was pleasantly surprised. They looked like they'd be a blast for TvT or Firefights. Wish those had been around back in the day when I had a place (and time) to play.

I have used Shanty Town and MOg City in Sniper Team - The longest kill mod. Will be availalbe later this week for the public to play.

And they had a good use in Sniper Team mod - two great missions. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I'm a buddy of Punisher and made three of the maps in the GRPA map pack:

Citypark

Sandwalls

Home

Feel free to do with my maps what you want, they are aimed at team play and pretty small. I learned a lot from making these three maps and are actually working on my next map.

RoeM

grpa.webhop.net

roemgrpa@yahoo.com

We play on an app called Game Ranger, still have a strong community of a few hundred [GR] fanatics going there. We have a league (GRPA) and clan battle quite often. If Game Ranger ever comes out for PC, I would love to see some of you all there.

Edited by RoeM
Hi everyone. I'm a buddy of Punisher and made three of the maps in the GRPA map pack:

Citypark

Sandwalls

Home

Thanks RoeM, i forgot to mention your name as creator of these three maps in the posts above (i've mentioned only PUNiSHER, -V- and Sleeper) , the modscont file of GRPA v4.0 is very clear :

"AUTHOR "Punisher/Monoman/Roem"

Thanks again.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got a problem. Maybe you guys recognised it already...

On most of the maps (but especially on Farmstead, Subway and Lake Retreat) you got the enemy on your map before you even can see them. On Subway you have also the Problem, that you can see enemies walking beneath you inside the underground if you are standing on the upper level. Is there a way to reduce the visibility of enemies on your map? I don't want to change fog settings, though i think that wouldn't work too.

Hope someone has an idea :)...

Greets B.

Edit: Ok, solved the problem in the meantime...if anybody is interested how, tell me. But there's another thing, which i hoped to eleminate too. As i mentioned before you can see the enemy on Subway on the map if it's beneath you in that underground way...anybody an idea how this could be solved?

Edited by Balthaaa

Yeah, but there are some issues with the command maps.

GRPA is essentially a TvT league, so PUNiSHER didnt make the CM for SP use, what means in many maps its not possible to assign waypoints, making them impossible to be played SP.

I dont know if its easy or even possible to fix this, but anyway ill upload the pack.

Thales, have you found any way to fix those problems with the commandmaps? This seems to be a problem in the map models themselves, doesn't it? Or could this be fixable within the .env files through CMPieceBitmapNode / CMBasePlanningLevel / CMOffsetX / CMOffsetY?