Anti-tank Claymores....

OldSchoolDanger

ITA - Well if the player is going to be able to respawn at all, he's got to be able to use the claymore, or the mission won't be beatable. Therefore, it seems that I either need to find a way to disable respawning all together, or live with the bug and warn players, against playing with respawn on, in the briefing or in the readme.

Side note - I just thought I'd mention it because it is a bug. I haven't played with respawn much because it takes the challenge away. But when I'm testing the steps of a mission, it makes it easier to check that things work without wasting time.

Buehgler - No, I can respawn and go kill the invisible actor and his tank as long as I am not in close proximity to the initial claymore that has been placed. It has something to do with detonating the claymore within a certain radius of the first.

So your first solution is something to the effect of: Respawn=end mission. Okay, sounds like a solution.

Your second sounds too complicated for me to summarize, so I'll leave it at that. ;)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your first solution is something to the effect of: Respawn=end mission. Okay, sounds like a solution.

Your second sounds too complicated for me to summarize, so I'll leave it at that. ;)

They both boil down to respawn => end of mission. There are just different ways to do it and some are more complex than others :)

Just post or send a PM if you have difficulty, it's not hard to throw together a quick mockup of the script bits you will need in either case.

Side note - I just thought I'd mention it because it is a bug. I haven't played with respawn much because it takes the challenge away. But when I'm testing the steps of a mission, it makes it easier to check that things work without wasting time.

Thats not a big problem to me, since players would have the issue only if the player that has placed the claymore gets killed before detonating it, then respawns and place a new claymore in close proximity to the initial claymore ...

Maybe just a note at readme file about the "bug" would be enough ... :thumbsup:

Edited by niccola

Ugh. Found another bug. Pretty big one actually.

When playing with "AI Backup", the backup team members don't know the invisible character is invisible. They shoot the invisible character with little to no effort. This destroys the tank. :blink:

It's possible, for the character the human player chooses, to kill the invisible character, but you have to spray above the shadow and hope to hit the "box". I think the AI Backup team members have an easier time of it.

:wall:

Ugh. Found another bug. Pretty big one actually.

When playing with "AI Backup", the backup team members don't know the invisible character is invisible. They shoot the invisible character with little to no effort. This destroys the tank. :blink:

:wall:

If you are teleporting him to the tank regularly, you may want to try setting him to be a hostage or captive. I think on of those should get your friendlies to stop shooting at him. Also, you may want to look at the "null_actor" from HX5 and Mission HX -- I am not sure, but I do not think it has this problem.

hmm even if you set "sec_actor_invisibility" on??? sounds pretty strange to me...

Then the claymore will not kill him and the whole point of putting him in the mission is lost :)

Invisibility doesn't get rid of the shadow. Odd. Plus I can still shoot the guy when he's scripted as invisible. But then again, I could shoot him when he was just an invisible CHR and not scripted as invisible.

Great idea about giving him hostage attributes. Hope that doesn't make the tangos kill him.

I moved my plans to the trigger plan branch in the IGOR tree. That worked like a charm. Kept the tangos from all bum rushing my platoon as soon as the first shot rang out.

Thanks guys.

if he is in hostage and things get crazy they will shoot him more than likely and since he is on the move they may also shoot, idea being a hostage stays put or else, but I think he would be fine as a captive, they won't shoot and neither will the AI...can you make him invincible and still pul off the timing for making him vunerable for tank destruction?

• 1 year later...