Told you so!

So what wold an "evolved" GR1 look like then?

Take GR after all the updates, patches and fixes, add the new graphics engine like Crytek, the ability to drive any vehicle on the field or helo, realistics weapons and load outs, with ability for the player to choose and the server to ban, A new field to fight on like the Balkins, Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan. SP missions and maps (all of them) that can be played in CoOp or any other MP game type. Draw distances that are real far (500yds) and maps to support that. Not these tiny maps and draw distances we have now. The ability to have your player and AI learn as they complete missions so they improve as they go, (things like; Marksmanship, Stealth, etc.) a realistic health system where you react to wounds on your body, not instant health packs. If possible The ability to have two modes of play, run and gun for the newbies and console players out there, and a switch that limits how fast or how long you can run without getting fatigued and affecting the aiming for the tactical players.

And finally you need to make all that so that it can be played on whatever the current average machine out there at the time. Not something that requires a Kentsfield 6850 or what ever is top of the line at the moment. Sure that mean the graphics are not going to be picture perfect, but if the game play is all that and has decent graphics, it will be a hit with both types of players.

but that just my take on it.

Edited by Fletch

I couldn't agree more.....

If yes iff the mod-tools for COD4 get released I think this could become something of a true follow up for [GR], effects like snow and such are there. COD4 misses:

Sound quality

Footstep quality in snow (at least not on the santa's present map)

Proper nade aiming (small lobs possible)

But it has:

Fast server join, I never seen a game like this load and join so fast.....

players, lots and lots of tehm, a bit too much that don't know/like tactical hardcore, but hey, neither did all in GR..... I always played by the style of murphy's law.....

I like the game for what it is, but I';m still hoping for the GRAW2 patch also, at least with some new maps..... Heck I'd even pay for an add-on like DS or IT

but I';m still hoping for the GRAW2 patch also, at least with some new maps..... Heck I'd even pay for an add-on like DS or IT

While I have high hope for the patch, I too would like to see some expansion packs. While I might not pay for stuff that should have been included, expansion packs are new content that the developer deserves to get paid for.

If yes iff the mod-tools for COD4 get released I think this could become something of a true follow up for [GR], effects like snow and such are there. COD4 misses:

Sound quality

But it has:

players, lots and lots of tehm, a bit too much that don't know/like tactical hardcore, but hey, neither did all in GR..... I always played by the style of murphy's law.....

I like the game for what it is, but I';m still hoping for the GRAW2 patch also, at least with some new maps..... Heck I'd even pay for an add-on like DS or IT

The maps on COD4 are small. I would like to see how it handles with around 30 players on maps as big as GRAW2. I'm betting it would be a different story

Sound quality

But it has:

The maps on COD4 are small. I would like to see how it handles with around 30 players on maps as big as GRAW2. I'm betting it would be a different story

Well as far as I can judge the code gives less errors than GRAW has ever given, heck I love GRAW and GRAW2 over COD4, but it has become dull with the same maps over and over. COD4 will get boring soon I know, so I really hope for some GRAW2 maps, and the editor for COD4 so we can see what bigger maps do.....