... upon returning to GRAW2...

hi,

after a while I am about to reinstall the game

did 104 patch fix in any way RECON command option?

are friendly AI mates now capable to fight silently, silently attacking or returning fire (when in danger), conversely to the passive attitude they had at the time of the first release? :angry::blink::)

thanks

Changes and fixes in v 1.04

============================================================

===========

- GameSpy reporting and server info fixes.

- Added clean versions of landscapes without backdrop buildings for

modders

- Tutorials updated.

- Servers with unknown ping moved to bottom when sorting on ping.

- Server Screenshot function updated.

- Player list id number corrected in the console.

- Server password settings fixed.

I guess no.

Edited by Colin

I have fewer problems with this if I am careful not to over extend. A four man squad has very specific and limited capabilities based on the simple fact that you only have, you guessed it, four pair of eyes and four weapons. Move slower. When you must move swiftly (overwhelm enemies quickly with violence) graw2 allows you to set up multiple waypoints with commands; very usefull. It's the best way to move into an assault position and cover eachother as well as optimize rounds down field. Use the "cover" feature, it works great for me. Don't just have your guys in Recon mode positioned at a corner, give them a cover order, they will obliterate anything in that path.

Use the "cover" feature, it works great for me. Don't just have your guys in Recon mode positioned at a corner, give them a cover order, they will obliterate anything in that path.

They sure will. The sniper has a very specific AI for that as well, which works a little different then the rest of the team members.

Shame though that you have to tell any soldier, much less a green beret, to fire back when taking fire. Or that a 40mm grenade does NOT qualify as 'RECON' when fired at an otherwise unaware enemy who didn't even see that helicopter take off 60 meters away (H-6's aren't THAT quiet)...

Love ya, GRIN, but could you maybe fix that while you're taking the rest of the year with this patch?

Use the "cover" feature, it works great for me. Don't just have your guys in Recon mode positioned at a corner, give them a cover order, they will obliterate anything in that path.

They sure will. The sniper has a very specific AI for that as well, which works a little different then the rest of the team members.

:o I didn't know that! I very rarely take a sniper because I thought he would not do the sniper's job any differently than any of the other a.i.

I'll have to give him another try.

:o I didn't know that! I very rarely take a sniper because I thought he would not do the sniper's job any differently than any of the other a.i.

Even if you give him cover order in assault mode, he will not lay down cover fire like the rest. Her will kill anything that enters his cover area though. ;)

Even if you give him cover order in assault mode, he will not lay down cover fire like the rest. Her will kill anything that enters his cover area though. ;)

...except his "cover area" range is just about the same as everyone else's, so an insurgent could be within 2 feet of that boundary, well within the sniper's view, but the idiot just won't take the shot. don't get me wrong, the tactical aspect of the game is far ahead of the numerous other "attempts" out there still; it's just not perfect.