What Game Next ?

JJUK

So all what is next, i mean what game are we waiting for and when are they to be released, i see a lot of games mentioned but no firm release dates.

OBSE 2 cryisis when is it coming

Ground Branch ??

Graw patch ??

anyone anymore

Im here its boxing day want to spend a few hrs on gaming and theres f+++ all anygood to play :(, i mean some of the games out or near to release are home made like :).

Sorry if this is the wrong page to list this but i frequent this page the most, plz redirect if needed.

I'm thinking CoD4 will keep me going until GRAW3 comes out. I can't see anything else being released before that. Ground Branch is a long ways off yet, after GRAW 3 I should think, and there's no other tac-shooter that's on the horizon really..... is there? :unsure:

I'm thinking CoD4 will keep me going until GRAW3 comes out.
Hey Rocky, if you could clarify, and possibly ease some minds around here in the process, is that accurate, that the next (?) version of Ghost Recon will be tagged with the :AW label?

There is speculation (hopeful & probably misguided) out there that Ubi might try shooting for something alittle closer to the original this time around.

Personally, 2007 has been a boring gaming-year. Almost none of the games that I've been looking forward too have met my expectations.

I liked the Orange Box and the Opposing Fronts expansion for Company of Heroes but that's it really.

Crysis - Not a tactical shooter, to heavy on my system

GRAW2 - poor AI, no wound model, poor MP and no voiP

CoD4, linear and too much run'n'gun

Medieval II - No AI (in other words, the AI sucks), old

Halo 3 - I don't know why I bought it :huh:

Assassins Creed - Repetetive

I'm looking forward to [OFP: DR] and Evil Genius 2. I doubt EG2 will ever come though :(

I'm thinking CoD4 will keep me going until GRAW3 comes out.
Hey Rocky, if you could clarify, and possibly ease some minds around here in the process, is that accurate, that the next (?) version of Ghost Recon will be tagged with the :AW label?

Typed in haste, I suspect the next title will not use the AW title, but something else. We should try and guess what it'll be. :ph34r:

Has Rogue Warrior (by Bethesda) been killed, or will that hit the shelves any time soon?

Am I getting mixed up with something else, or is that the one based on two different story lines, one of which was used in a Heavy Metal comic strip in the mid 90's, and with which you've got like weapons that have your fallen buddies' souls in them or something? Or did I dream that all up?

Games to look forward to:

* Ground Branch- tactical might finally be reborn with this one

* [Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising]- if it's the logical evolution that ArmA failed to be, it'll be good. REALLY good.

* Left 4 Dead- not the least bit relevant to GR or tactical anything, but I love zombies.

* S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky- the prequel to what I feel is one of the best shooters out there right now, it's either gonna be GREAT (take the great gameplay and environment of the current game and give them a budget and DX10) or suck (Ubisoft to buy Ukrainian developer and merge storyline). My money's on the first one.

Games I haven't tried yet but would like to:

* Medal of Honor (any)- saw a buddy playing MoH-A on PS3 the other day, and it looked pretty good.

* Call of Duty (any)- worth a try, anyhow

Games I'm disappointed in:

* Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2- failed to address the issues (other than bugs) from GRAW, and generally failed to uphold the GR name

* Armed Assault Combat Operations- I like the overall concept, but it felt every bit as herky-jerky as the original OFP. Sound SUCKS, too, betwen the crackles, the voids and the total lack of even a hint of givadam about making things sound realistic. Looked GREAT though, and I might give it another spin.

*Half Life 2- so far, anyway, it's been more cinematic than action. Even when you're invited to play along with the cinema sequences, it's still all talk and no action. I wanna see this marvelous, GotY gameplay. No lean/peek? Are you HIGH?! the movement feels like it has a bit of drift to it, which is unsettling. BUT, when the firefight is ON, it's ON. More of that, less of the Alyx-is-the-hottest-game-gal-anywhere stuff.

Games that surprised me:

* Crysis- despite some bigtime bugs and the fact that the first major patch has been delayed until sometime next month, and the aliens-and-high-tech-future deal, I really like it. A LOT. The neener-suit is killer handy, and facilitates a lot of Sam Fisher decision points ("Do I slaughter these poor NK's mercilessly, or sneak around them and let them get 'disciplined' later for failing to catch me in their midst?"). The weapons are fairly cool, and with rare exception not TOO out-in-space. Your AI (scarcely) buddy, Psycho, is pretty entertaining. Concealment works better in this game than in the Splinter Cell games, I feel. A lot of things like Grenade fuse times and such are very well-executed. I haven't enjoyed a game this much since discovering [GR] multiplayer with RESPONSIBLE players (I heart 30+)...

* F.E.A.R.- For a game so linear that it makes the DooM series look open, it's been a blast to me. Melee was pretty tastefully-executed, and in the expansions it was even practical (door bashes, a la Sam Fisher). Enemy AI are the best I've seen anywhere at coordinating their actions and doing what you don't expect of them. You NEED that bullet-time feature in FEAR sometimes just to spare your hide. As the linear, all-points-in-order shooters go, this is the best made yet. Plus I just have a fascination with the psychotic storyline there. I TOTALLY can't wait to have it all brought together with Alma, Point Man, PAxton Fettel and the bunch...

*S.T.A.L.K.E.R.- This one had trouble written all over it. It made countless top-ten vaporware lists. It promised to combine RPG with FPS. It was developed in Eastern Europe, home of Lada and Skoda and... you get the point. So I didn't expect miracles when I installed it. But a miracle is what I got. The RPG element is minized, and really not all that necessary to get deep into. Physics are pretty good, and AI are REALLY good, including critters. But the real strength of this game, to me, was the map and environment. Looking, after the fact, at pictures of the real places around the Chernobyl reactor #4 site, it's almost scary how accurately this game was modelled and it still fit with the progressive FPS campaign. Nuts. Like the ferris wheel in Pripyat. Just insanely well-modelled environment. The game has bugs like an Indiana Jones movie, but they're forgiveable. Great Job on this one.

All-time favorites:

*Ghost Recon- greatest FPS ever made. PERIOD.

*DooM 2- You mean I gotta PAY for it?! It BETTER be good! (Yeah, it was better than good.)

*DooM 3- Wow. Worth every second of the four years it took to develop.

*Gunship- Wish I could find that MS-DOS classic now. Wish I still had a 3-1/2" floppy drive to run it in. Wish it had a COOP mode to let my pal, Mike, fly it while I gun down the WORLD...

* Can't remember the names of the last two, precisely, but one was a Star Wars game where you flew Imperial TIE fighters. The other, they made a stupid (I mean STOOPID) movie about, where Earth was at war with some half-lion race of aliens or something, and it's all space fighter flying as well. Yeah, as a kid I wanted to be a pilot someday. Stupid kids...

Has Rogue Warrior (by Bethesda) been killed, or will that hit the shelves any time soon?

Am I getting mixed up with something else, or is that the one based on two different story lines, one of which was used in a Heavy Metal comic strip in the mid 90's, and with which you've got like weapons that have your fallen buddies' souls in them or something? Or did I dream that all up?

It was a PC/360 FPS based on SEAL Richard Marcinko's books n' stuff. It was in development by Zombie studios, but has completely fallen off the radar, Bethesda still claim it's in development though.

Anyhew...

Looks like I'll finally get some decent gaming hardware in the new year. But Ground Branch is really the only game I'm really looking forward to. Apart from that, I'll be playing around with some old classics, and fiddle with a few projects on the side (if all goes well).

Respectfully

krise madsen

* Can't remember the names of the last two, precisely, but one was a Star Wars game where you flew Imperial TIE fighters. The other, they made a stupid (I mean STOOPID) movie about, where Earth was at war with some half-lion race of aliens or something, and it's all space fighter flying as well. Yeah, as a kid I wanted to be a pilot someday. Stupid kids...

Tie Fighter - had several expansions.

Wing Commander. Several sequals.

And I agree about those two as well. Classics.

Tie Fighter - had several expansions.

Wing Commander. Several sequals.

And I agree about those two as well. Classics.

Tie Fighter is ONE OF THE BEST games ever! Totally agree with Suicide and Rabbi - awesome game. Countless hours of fun with that one growing up.

Favoriate game ever is [GR] - best FPS ever, period, just like Rabbi said. It got me thru college.