The Loot

Kamakazi

So what did everyone pull in this holiday season?

Looks like I got

BenQ 20" WS Monitor

Mass Effect

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring Complete Recordings

DISCLAIMER: Yes this is the obligatory "what did you get" thread, just roll with it, okay.

Edited by Kamakazi

It may sound sappy, but my best gift was a call from someone I care about whom I couldn't be with at Christmas (no it wasn't from Rabbi).

I also got some money, a gift certificate and several books to read. Now I need to decide if I want to buy COD4 and/or NFS Prostreet. I hate decisions. lol

It may sound sappy, but my best gift was a call from someone I care about whom I couldn't be with at Christmas (no it wasn't from Rabbi).

I also got some money, a gift certificate and several books to read. Now I need to decide if I want to buy COD4 and/or NFS Prostreet. I hate decisions. lol

COD4 I HAZ!!!!!!!!Woooohoooo!!!!!!!!

Pass on the Prostreet ZJJ ... its crap after playing Race07....I tried the demo and its same feel---sometimes worst than Dirt.

But BEST GIFT FOR A LIFETIME: I'm Uncle Ledanek now! :thumbsup:

90780736bwr2lrczri5.th.jpg

Born Dec 20 6 lbs no tattoo like her father :D

@zjj If you want a NFS title you'd be aswell getting any of the other titles in the series out of the bargain bin, save some money, same gameplay. CoD4 all the way.

Me < Digital Photo Frame :D LP player for all my old LPs I found up the loft :D The best thing of course was seeing the kids open the gifts that were exactly what they had been wishing for :D:D

A Sony walkman that plays MP3's, Video (MP4 format) and displays photos as well.. Link

** Please note*** If you use the latest #1 DVD Ripper, you can rip your DVD's to small MP4 video files without having to do any conversions of files. use the ZUNE MP4 format when ripping DVD's.

some NY Football Giant clothes and DVD's, which I'm ripping to MP4 for my player. The DVD's, Legends of the fall and Patch Adams.

Edited by Papa6

King of Queens 7th season, and another dvd. I spent mine early on my quad core and such about 6 months ago and my pocket pc /phone. (which btw i am playing Mortal kobat 3 on, Machines of war and good old contra.

Classics Roco great old titles

BTW DVD to MP4, the zune codec makes my DVD's go from gigs down to 400-700MB

Edited by Papa6

The highlights:

*A couple fine bottles of bourbon from two of my clients. Can't go wrong with Knob Creek and Maker's Mark. Also received a bottle of Johnny Walker Green from another client.

*The Bourne movie collection from my brother in law

*From my brother a wonderful offset serrated Shun bread knife and a new block to put all my Shun knives in (I started a collection of good kitchen knives a couple years ago)

*A gift card to Barnes & Noble from the mother in law

*Some (more) Chip McCormick 1911 magazines and a set of custom AlumaGrips courtesy the wife. Still waiting for the grips to show up, though... :(

:santa:

SInce the engine went in my car I spent Christmas watching the kids open their presents. My wife spends way too much on the kids so I just went without this year.

Hey papa, I'm interested to hear how you converted your dvd's to MP4's. We bought my stepdaughter the 30 gig zune for $80 and I have been messing around with a few conversion programs to put full dvd's on the zune but nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

SInce the engine went in my car I spent Christmas watching the kids open their presents. My wife spends way too much on the kids so I just went without this year.

Hey papa, I'm interested to hear how you converted your dvd's to MP4's. We bought my stepdaughter the 30 gig zune for $80 and I have been messing around with a few conversion programs to put full dvd's on the zune but nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

buy #1 DVD ripper. in the main interface, at the bottom you can change the output type for "zune video MPEG4(MP4)", where it says " output profile". there's a long list of formats but, "Zune video MPEG4(MP4)" is listed. then you won't have to worry about converting anything, when a movie is ripped it's ready to play! :thumbsup:

see a link of the main interface :Here

download it: Here

just rip your DVD and transfer it straight to your daughters Zune..

Edited by Papa6

I got an XGO Flame Resistant Foliage t-shirt, 5.11 Tac ACU Tan Loose T-shirt, socks for hiking, Halloween Unrated on DVD, 3 war/military books, a barnes and noble gift card, pajama pants, a pic of my nephew, a DCU hoodie, and Mountain House Freezer Dried food packs for when I hike/camp. My faves were probably the pic of my nephew, the XGO shirt and the Barnes and Noble gift card. Already spent most of the gift card on a book by Dick Couch called Chosen Soldier about Army SF's Q-Course.

COD4

for the 360 :thumbsup: if you can put down GHIII long enough :P

I got a .22lr conversion, and a 1.25-4.5x26mm Scope for my AR15, and GHI-II & III with 2 Guitars for the PS2.. also for those with kids, my Daughter(7) is having a blast with SingStar for her PS2 and the HighSchool Musical Sing Along Disc :thumbsup:

Edited by Whisper_44

A Cruise to the Bahamas (fun fun - I collected drunk people, long story)

An X-Box 360 (my gift to me)

-Assassin's Creed, Halo 3, and Kane and Lynch

A crap-ton of movies

-Bourne Identity, Bourne Ultimatum, SOAF, Pirates 3, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, The Island, Stripes, Forrest Gump, The Kingdom... to name a few - I got over 25.

A trip back to Ft. Knox for some good Army training

A Country Ham (not a joke)

A Thimble (gift from my lovely lady - think Peter Pan and being at training for 3 months)

An hour in a private secluded hot tub at Hot Springs late at night with my lovely lady. To quote her "Notice how I got us a trip to a spa for Christmas? Haha! :D"

A bottle of Captain Morgan's Private Stock (oh yum the rum)

And some Cash

Yay the goods...

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of nicknacks (socks, shirts, phone, etc...), but the one that I am enjoying the most is the one I bought.

2X-12X IOR scope. Very compact, it only measure 11". I was looking at a Schmidt Bender until I found that it measured over 14" and it only goes out to 10X. :wacko: No thanks.

2-12XIOR.jpg

Here is a pic of the ret.

2-12XIORret.jpg

I have not mounted it yet since my rifle is not ready as of this moment.

I also got an A.R.M.S. quick detach mount for my 1.5X-8X scope.

15-8XIOR.jpg

Edited by jchung