Mp3 (SOAF for GR) by GWDS

Rocky

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It works for the Italian version so why not the German one.As clearly specified in the readme file you should change the installation paths of both GR and SOAF.

For example the Italian installation path of SOAF is

"c:\Programmi\Rocky vertice della tensione" opposing to the English one

"c:\Program Files\Sum of all fears"

:)

For example the Italian installation path of SOAF is

"c:\Programmi\Rocky vertice della tensione"

:D Very interesting

Yeah, this is something that is due to the forum engine I believe as what I wrote is Programmi \ A l vertice with no space betweeen A and L. For some reason the engine decide to replace those 2 letters with Rocky :wacko:

Yeah, but i think you could use that old utility only to play SOAF maps in Ghost Recon, not characters, music, etc ...

BTW, the readme file of this one contains all info about it:

"README FILE

SOAF in GR v1

Requirements: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Tom Clancy's Sum Of All Fears

How to have the 3rd (un)official expansion pack for Ghost Recon.

This little project is the extension of a very known mod called "SOAF maps into GR" by =TSAF=.

That project used a batch file to copy the map files from the SOAF installation path to the Ghost Recon one.

The present mod instead, apart using a more "modern" script file, ports also all the characters of SOAF, the music, some screenshots and the more general feeling of having a 3rd expansion pack in Ghost Recon. "

:)

Thanks a lot Niccola. Also the script idea works much easier than the batch file and the overall mod installation is more simple.

Anyway I sincerely believe that this project will passed completely unnoticed as Serellan post can show. However the entire SOAF to GR issue was very important to me and this project hopefully signs a close chapter to me (began with my argument with No Easy day and followed by Punisher project).

CR6, who advertised this project at 3dretreat, kindly pointed me that I inadvertently left out the training map (that only apparently is the same of GR as in SOAF it's night version). Therefore I'll release shortly a version 1.1.

A version 2.0 is also under consideration to port also the player platoon characters and their arsenal