Grin should take example from Infinity Ward

Guys I know Cod4 is not Graw2 but you have to love Infinity Ward and Activision for the great support they have giving Cod4 since it has come out. In just less than one month Cod4 is now on patch 1.4. They are tied with Graw2. Grin I loved Graw2 but lack of players and support has made me leave you as a player and a customer. And since I have kids, my boycott of UBI will extend to the console games you make. Peace and forever farewell.

BuFFaLo-SouLjaH :zorro: "Rides No Mo"

Guys I know Cod4 is not Graw2 but you have to love Infinity Ward and Activision for the great support they have giving Cod4 since it has come out. In just less than one month Cod4 is now on patch 1.4. They are tied with Graw2. Grin I loved Graw2 but lack of players and support has made me leave you as a player and a customer. And since I have kids, my boycott of UBI will extend to the console games you make. Peace and forever farewell.

BuFFaLo-SouLjaH :zorro: "Rides No Mo"

Support = patches?

Support to me actually is dev's talking to the community. When have you directly talked with one from activision? I have a few times with GRIN. They always respond to pm's and Wiking helped me a few times through pm's with server scripts. That is good support, and Grin's patches have included things that i an others have seen wrong.

The lack of players however is my main frustration. GRAW2 to me has many more advantages over COD4, but because you actually have to aim in GRAW2 and don't have special powers, COD4 has now taken the reign which frustrates me to know end.

GRAW2 was patched to 1.04 in about a month as well...
CoD4 patch 1.4 contains a new map :P

Also, someone once told me that version numbers have no relation to the amount of patched content. So, even if they both are verision 1.4, the added/modified content may not be equal :P:P

Lastly, isn't GRAW 2 actually only 1.04?

:santa:

Edited by Cangaroo.TNT

Yep:

Drawing1-3.jpg

speaking of that... Grin posted while i was typing :D

Call of DUTY patches were 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4

Grin patches were 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04

Tomatoe, tomoto

...someone once told me that version numbers have no relation to the amount of patched content. So, even if they both are verision 1.4, [or in this case have 4 patches] the added/modified content may not be equal.

CoD4 patch 1.4 contains a new map.
That makes 17 now.

You KNOW we're all bored when we hold serious, in-depth conversations on the various aspects of versioning control for patches. :)

Speaking of patches.... GRiN? Any news on 1.05? (I know I won't get an answer but my therapist once told me it never hurts to ask)

-John K.

GRIN isn't responsible for the patch guys.. they have stated as much. They handed all source code over to UBI. GRIN_Wolfsong said just last week

The UBI Romanian office has done all the main QA work on GRAW2.

Not really true. Grin made the patches so far. UBI Romania is a QA office so they do the testing and based on that UBI approves it or not.

QA is testing, not patching.

Fair enough Wolfsong.. I misunderstood, clearly. Was just trying to steer the venom away from GRIN.

Even with that info, I still don't think it's your (GRIN) issue, you are just the easy target. It's not like we have a whole mess of UBI_Users that login everyday for the gr.net user base to see.

My take is this:

* If the patch passed QA then the problem is with Ubi not distributing it.

* If the patch did not pass QA then the code probably went back to GRiN for "adjustments and corrections", followed by another round of Ubi QA, then distribution

Since we don't know what is happening, yeah... GRiN is a somewhat convenient target for questions. At least in my post I acknowledged that I was asking the question more from the standpoint of therapy and NOT from expecting an answer. :)

-John K.

Um............ first patch for Graw2 was patch 1.02 that came out on 07/18/2007 and patch 1.04 came out 08/28/2007. Now that is more than a month. But the biggest difference is that Cod4 has working anti cheat and thousands of people to play with. Graw2 is at patch 1.4 with what to offer? There has not been a patch since 08/28/2007 and we are in December. Come on Grin you can do better than that. Your talking with a man that has played the Tom Clancy series since Rainbow Six. I own every game up to Athena Sword. I gave Graw Graw2 and Vegas a chance also. I have supported UBI very well I think only to neglected. Hey, if you have a girl that messes over you all the time, what do u do? Get a new one!

BuFFaLo-SouLjaH®

Please tell me you meant "Messes you over" instead of messes over you. Cause if a girl messes over you, first she needs to get her head checked and/or potty trained and then you warn every other guy in town before you get a new one. I think COD4 and GRAW 2 are two different games. Almost like comparing it to BF 2142. But I agree with you that you've given them enough money only to be neglected. I really thought they could make a major improvement from GRAW if they just got rid of some of the crazy bugs like crashes and also if they put you in Juarez which they did in this game. I think the ACUs were perfect for this terrain. I think TFW's ACU skin mod worked well with GRAW though. To me, it really seems like GRIN took a step back. I've said it countless times and I'll say it again: I loved the first person Blackhawk/Stryker insertions. The weapons in this game rocked. M416's always gonna be my fave. But the game was ruined IMO when they removed the 1st person insertion feature. Even though you get like two of em that you really don't get to control. And I also wish we had more than one team of four and the [GR] modes from Ghost Recon. I'm even thinking about buying the GR Gold Edition for me and a friend to play. Kinda wish somebody could make an ACU skin mod for those games but I don't see that happening. I just loved Firefight and Recon modes. And not with just 3 maps. We got all of the campaign maps. But I think if GRIN were to take an example from infinity ward, we'd probably have an even more linear game with less weapons choices and customizations. I'm a coop/sp guy though so I can't complain about anti-cheat programs.

Um............ first patch for Graw2 was patch 1.02 that came out on 07/18/2007 and patch 1.04 came out 08/28/2007.

Nope. First patch was 1.01, 1.02 was a fix for the first patch after an issue showed up and was released the next day.

Same with 1.03 and 1.04 almost, it was a little longer between those.

I don't get it. 17 WHAT?

17 months since GRAW first retailed, and still not a decent new game bearing the Ghost Recon name for the PC?

What is this 17 of which you type?

17 maps for CoD4.

Which released AFTER GRAW2, right? I mean after, a in LATER in the linear timeline in which we exist, right? As in, GRAW2 has been out longer? More time = less maps? Is that what I'm reading here?

Just to play devils advocate...

More maps ≠ better game

It's nice to have extra maps, but there are other things that take priority on my list over gobs of maps.

You're right. GRAW2 doesn't have those either, or I'd still have it installed on my machine...