Favorite TV Shows

mwgfghost

What's everybody's favorite TV shows. I like The Unit, South Park, Dexter, Kid Nation(just ended) and Double Dare 2000 even though it's just re-runs. Reason I watch DD2000 is the host. Jason Harris. Man does he get into it. Especially when he's instructing the families what to do on the Slopstacle course. All like "Climb up the ladder, jump into the gak vat, grab the flag, hand it off and win THIIIISSSS!!!!!!" I'm serious. I can't stop laughing cause it's just too hilarious.

Well, we talking stuff that's currently on or "all time" stuff? Makes a different kettle of fish if we're talking "all time".

I'll assume we're talking current-run series at the moment...

The Shield (I dare anyone to find a better show, though I have to wait till January at earliest for any new episodes)

Curb Your Enthusiasm (see above)

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

FutureWeapons

Any of the shooting shows on Wednesday nights on Outdoor Channel. :P

If we're going after all-times, I have a different list.

Edited by WP33

All time favos and shows in general I consider my favorite. ;)

-Rescue Me

-Nash Bridges

-Third Watch

-The Shield

-K-Ville

-Dexter

-Space Above and Beyond

-The Unit

-NCIS

If I had to choose one, it would be Nash Bridges - this show has it all. An awesome car, cool oneliners, action, drama, characterdevelopment, lots of humor, great cast - it ended way to incomplete. :thumbsup:

Edited by rookie

Okay, if All Times are in there, here's my All Time list, in just random order

Seinfeld (c'mon, guys, no one's picked this one up?)

The Simpsons from about the the 2nd to about the 9th or 10th season

The Shield

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Futurama

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (yeah, I know it wasn't a true "show" or series per se, but come on. Star Wars. Some of the chapters were bad ass.)

Burn Notice (would have made my current-run list but I honestly forgot and it's not due back until next summer)

All In The Family

The Bob Newhart Show (And no, not Newhart. The old one.)

Not a show, but a channel, actually two- Military Channel and History Channel

Robotech, all three generations, though the first and the third kicked the most ass. Invid!

Hmm. Notice how many comedies and animated series I have on there. :blink:

rookie: I've heard good things about Rescue Me. I like Denny Leary, too. Just been afraid to start a new series halfway through, like I did with The Shield and Curb Your Enthusiasm because I'll end up buying all the DVDs just to see what happened before! :rofl:

Edited by WP33

rookie: I've heard good things about Rescue Me. I like Denny Leary, too. Just been afraid to start a new series halfway through, like I did with The Shield and Curb Your Enthusiasm because I'll end up buying all the DVDs just to see what happened before! :rofl:

Rescue Me really is awesome - the channel FX became special for me with Rescue Me and The Shield.

But Season 1 is the way to start. :thumbsup:

Extraordinary show, really didn't see anything like it before - and I watch lots of TV.

Also in no particular order and these are just the ones that are still on-air (or would be without the writer's strike) I like lots of old ones too

-Stargate: Atlantis

-Robin Hood (off the BBC)

-Heroes

-The Office (US Version)

-House

-The Unit

-Journeyman

-Bionic Woman

-Life

-Battlestar Galactica

Yes...I watch FAR too much TV

Ah man how could I forget Seinfeld? I also forgot two and a half men cause I'm a huge Charlie Sheen fan and also Rules of Engagement because it has Putty from Seinfeld. And I'm gonna go even more old school than All in the Family. Leave it to Beaver. Wasn't around when it first came out but I love watching it on TV Land. It's so swell. I also like Military and History Channel. Walker Texas Ranger(come on it's Chuck Norris) Oh! I have one! American Gladiators. Classic. And MASH.

I forgot Rome!

One of the best shows of them all. Too bad they had to cancel after two seasons due to economic difficlties (most expensive TV show in history).

One thing that I really liked about Rome was that they didn't use "famous" actors. If they had used Tom Cruise for example in the role of Mark Antony it wouldn't be believable.

I also liked the "shock-factor". Boobs, blood, chopped of limbs. Basically no censor (oh no, he chops his leg of, cut to black screen) :)