Hello from RSE

Kimi

Hey guys, I’m now at Red Storm as our Community Developer, which means that I’ll be your dev point of contact from now on. Braybot and Geridak may continue to stop by once in a while, but for the most part you’ll be seeing me around. It's great to be here in the office, and hopefully one day soon I'll get to meet more of you in person at events. :)

Rather than spam, I'm only posting this once so please don't think I'm ignoring the PC or other sub-forums. Rocky/Dannik/others, if you have a cool way to shortcut this post over that would be spiffy.

Kimi,

Just to keep track, that means you now will be answering all of our questions about the Co-Op Collection?

This reminds me of a Monty Python bit:

"The previous announcement regarding the Co-Op collection was erroneous. Those responsible for such errors have been sacked. Those who sacked them have also be sacked...."

Krise Madsen, we've just finished America's Army: True Soldiers, and there's also that dangnabbit coop pack that we would LOVE to get out to you...yeah, unfortunately no new news on that but it's at the top of my awareness list.

Alderei, yep that'd be me bringing you new news, or no news, but my hope is that even if there is no news that I'm still here for you to yell at if you need to. :wall:

The only thing i want to know is when will we get clarification on the future of the ghost franchise.....theres OXM with their rumor of the series going into hiatus for 1 year so that it may return with a different feel and setting, and then theres the whole Graw 3 is coming next year to help tie in with Endwar....Im dying to know which is fact and which is fiction....

though in a better world both would be true......someone is making graw 3 for next year and red storm has been working on their take of ghost recon for 2009. (similar to how the splinter cell studios leapfrog between each iteration).

any idea when any of this could be clarified?

The only thing i want to know is when will we get clarification on the future of the ghost franchise.....theres OXM with their rumor of the series going into hiatus for 1 year so that it may return with a different feel and setting, and then theres the whole Graw 3 is coming next year to help tie in with Endwar....Im dying to know which is fact and which is fiction....

though in a better world both would be true......someone is making graw 3 for next year and red storm has been working on their take of ghost recon for 2009. (similar to how the splinter cell studios leapfrog between each iteration).

any idea when any of this could be clarified?

I second this.

Community Developer, what does this entail?

often the devs don't answer a direct question, are you there to prise it out of them

Yep, among other things, I'm here at the studio to keep on top of things to work WITH the team on getting info out to you. Among other things...

I respect the idea behind what you are doing and it sounds great but alot of the old Ghost Recon fans have been continually let down by Ubisoft and feel abandoned with regards to the present direction of the Ghost Recon franchise.

We just don't trust Ubisoft anymore. And when Ubi control RSE as closely as they do then RSE might as well be UBI. Now id love for this is to change or maybe it already is changing.

If we the fans could be informed of the next Ghost Recon before the major press does ( dont we deserve that after 5 years following this franchise ) and be given some details on it and some assurances that it will be a return to an actual Ghost Recon game; then I'm sure that the entire community will get behind RSE 100%.

Words to describe the next Ghost Recon that I dont want to hear are:

Cool

Cinematic

Story Driven

Action Packed

Streamlined

Futuristic anything!!!!!!

Edited by BS PALADIN

Words to describe the next Ghost Recon that I dont want to hear are:

Story Driven

This is a two part post, first in response to BS PALADIN, whose views I respect, and secondly to Kimi. Okay... I echo a lot of what Paladin said in his post, though I have to admit, I enjoyed the "story line" in GR II. The mini interviews with the characters... especially Alicia Diaz... "I took him down!" "Nailed his ass!" I confess... I have a secret crush on Ms. Diaz ... hmmm.... okay, back on topic... the way the story line was done in that game was, I thought, cool.

You got the info you needed prior to going in... the interviews, but you also got a little personal history with each of the different Ghosts. Personally, I liked that.

I didn't care for the "Story Line" in GRAW. I am seriously disappointed to learn that GRAW III, if the rumours are true, will again be set in Mexico. One of the beautiful things about GR II and Summit Strike were the various terrains... cool winter maps, sweet summer maps... on and on... GRAW is so narrowed down... and to think we are going to have a third version of that.

Now for Kimi... if you've read this much then you know how I feel about the series and the direction I would like to see it go. I understand you and your co-workers/creators/developers all have jobs to do and if your games don't sell, you will be out of work. I get that. And I do sympathize with your situation. I'm sure there are many things you guys, and girls, would love to include but due to circumstances beyond your control, aren't allowed to do.

My hope is that you and everyone at Red Storm read this board and really listen to what people say, and want, in the next game. Are these the 13 year old gamers who will have their parents buy the game so they can play it for two weeks until another hot game is released? Or are the majority of the folks here the ones who have been with the franchise since its inception and have a passionate connection with it?

If Red Storm were to make a game that the serious Ghost Reconers want, I'm sure you'd see a drop in sales in the initial stages. Once the kiddies learn it's about being tactical and using strategy and they play it and see it's not some idiotic run & gun fest, they'll drop the game in a heartbeat. However... once word gets out about how Ghost Recon is back and is back with a force, the game will sell steadily over time. Personally, I would always prefer a steady seller as opposed to one that sets a record its first week then falls off the charts.

So... welcome to GRNet Kimi, please visit often and please ask for feedback. The GR community is represented well here and people still have faith, and HOPE, that GR returns to what made GR famous in the first place.

I know this... your presence here is very much appreciated and very welcome!

Does the holdup have anything to do with a 3 map release for Halo3 and M$ not wanting competition for it's "baby"? I would think 9 maps for 800pts would put a damper on three at the same cost.

IMO M$ screwed Ubi and all of the GR fans by killing this release. We first heard Nov. Then the rumors circulated each week after that time. Here we are, almost 3 weeks into December, and no info can be given.

It's a sad time for all of the people who have backed the series. I have played GR since it's first release on xbox. I look forward to the map releases to keep the game fresh and enjoyable with a large community of fans. But we have been disappointed all to often with a lack of correct information.

Set the record straight.