Heavy Weapons

Three questions arise after reading that qualification:

1. Single Shot? There's a single shot mode of operation?

2. Three Shot Burst? There's a burst mode of operation?

3. SIGHTS? You can actually have qualification on the M249 with a sight? Thermals?

Wow. I always enjoyed the SAW platform on [GR], and I believe there was a slight degree of scoping with the mouse wheel then. But once the game moved to Xbox, the SAW has been less effective and less enjoyable than a number of other guns. Even the M60 in GRAW is a more enjoyable weapon.

The only complaint I have with the LMGs is that the accuracy isn't much different between standing and going prone, but other than that they actually are pretty decent weapons, especially when you round a corner and see 4 guys facing the opposite direction.

the M249 is not a heavy weapon.

the M249 was designed and used to take place of the vietnam era auto rifleman. basically an m16a1 on full auto.

the M249 saw service first in the marine corps then adopted by the US Army about the time I joined. maybe a bit before.

Yeah, the SAW isn't 'heavy', and it isn't in GRAW or GRAW2. The biggest deal with the SAW (and my biggest beef with that POS) is that it fires the same 5.56mm round as the M16/M4 and so on. NATO standard. The Mk 48 machinegun in GRAW and GRAW2 is (if I remember correctly) chambered-up to 7.62mm from the same basic gun, but is still quite different for all that has to be done to turn a 5.56m into a 7.62mm. As we've seen now in GRAW2, though, it beats the heck out of the HK21.

I want my M60 back...

No its not a heavy weapon,MY BAD on nominclature.My bit to chew is the Lmgs still arent as good as they should be.And being a future weapon should be a 6.8 or 6.7mm.Its more accurate than the game portrays.Sure the 50 cal is great.Its that accurate,scope is not right,target recognition to fast.The little pee shooters,The 9mm and 5.6mm,should not even kill unless its a head shot.Lmgs need help.It would be a good counter to the 50cal.