Ghost Recon.net Forums

FC 2: The leaked pre-alpha demo video

STOLEN GAME FOOTAGE ONLINE

In case you haven't seen it, someone has posted up a 25 minute demo on GameTrailers.

While this isn't an officially sanctioned video, we thought you might be interested in seeing it.

It's unknown when this video was filmed so when you watch it please keep in mind that it is quite likely an older build and is also filmed off-screen.

I've now watched both videos and I have to say that I'm really excited about this title and I haven't been this excited about a game since... Oblivion.

I just hope they don't make the same misstake as Crytec which is showing too much of the game and its features before release.

Edited by Hockeystick

I think the map textures, weapon models and explosions look very mediocre. It looks like there has to be a trade off somewhere if you want to render such a large environment. You don't need maps this large to make a good tactical shooter.

I gave the textures the benefit of the doubt Kurtz, I think they'll probably be given some work before final.

The fire looked really well done, the weather changing was very cool, but really one thing stole the show for me.

Flattened Grass.

Is is really sad to get kind of excited about that? :P

• 1 month later...

THAT WAS INCREDIBLE -

i have seen a lot of demos of games but that beats them all.

and if we can script missions easily on this and get some good modders on b4 - then this could be a game for the future.

i thinked the Dev summed it up - IMMERSION.

luv it.