Anyone else lookign to mod?

+Medic+~SPARTA~

Im hoping to see some kind of reality mod which will remove airstrikes, chopper support and perks. Game needs also some gameplay tweaking - movement should be a bit slower and accurancy when moving/strafing should be decreased. Those small thing would make this game much much better.

Aside from the issue with CoD4 that you mentioned above, I think two big problems that would help so many people are fixing the hanging up on walls, doorways and other objects while moving against them and the lag issues.

The first is probably a surface merging issue that may or may not be fixable. But then again it may take some creative map making to fix it.

The second is a core issue with the game and can probably only be fixed by IW by way of a patch.

Not really modable issues per say, just main thoughts for the game it self.

As far as mods go, myself and some of the guys at ~SPARTA~ havent been talking about making any new maps but tweaking the existing one to change them up a bit. This not only results in a different flow on the map but facilitates learning the CoD4 Radiant program. Once I am comfortable with the tools, I will begin designing a new map.

Maybe remake some [GR] maps. ;)

I am thinking about it. i have some ideas for some new SP missions/weapons if i can master Radiant. Also have started working on some new camos for the weapons but i haven't been able to get them ingame yet. I have been following a tutorial but i think i may have to rename the iwd file i created in order to have the skin show up in the game. i will have to try this next weekend.

So far to my knowledge, skins only show in single player. I may be wrong.

start your iwd file with zz_file_name.iwd

It should work then.

Also IWD files are finicky. What I did was copy one of IW's IWD files and delete the contents and call it "emptyIWD.iwd" that way you always have a clean one ready to go. Just copy it, rename the new one and then using WinRAR add your mod files.

So far to my knowledge, skins only show in single player. I may be wrong.

start your iwd file with zz_file_name.iwd

It should work then.

Also IWD files are finicky. What I did was copy one of IW's IWD files and delete the contents and call it "emptyIWD.iwd" that way you always have a clean one ready to go. Just copy it, rename the new one and then using WinRAR add your mod files.

thanks m8, that worked out just great. i have managed to get some test skins working in the game so now i can focus on the skin i was working on! :)

Ooooooh, I'm really excited for mods for this game. I love this game. I only had three problems with the single player:

1 - The M4s don't have the front sights. I would have liked that a lot.

2 - All the desert skins are extremely boring for the Marines. Their black gear is a lot sweeter, and I think it would be great to have them wearing that in the desert with different skins.

3 - The lack of nightvision in the Hunted mission.

That looks awesome Swartsz, can't wait to have some really awesome looking rifles.

No official COD4 modding tools have been released. It is rumored they will be released before Christmas or soon after the new year. I believe there is a thread about this already somewhere afoot. either here or on the Legion of Sparta Forums, I cant remember.

However, I have amassed some tools that were used to make image files for CoD2. They were developed by modders back in the day most still work with the IWI image files, one that I can think of had to be modified to work with CoD4 but it does work now. The plugins for photoshop are there too.

You can DL from TLV Downloads or go look for them on the web. They are out there.

Speaking of downloads, Rocky are you planning to do a DL page for CoD4 or are DLs going to stay GR for now?

What mod-tool have been released? Is there a map editor/sandbox or so avaliable yet?

Ziet er goed uit Joost

dank U!

but yeah, no real mod tools yet. right now they are still in Beta and hopefully they will finished as soon as possible.

What mod-tool have been released? Is there a map editor/sandbox or so avaliable yet?

Ziet er goed uit Joost

dank U!

but yeah, no real mod tools yet. right now they are still in Beta and hopefully they will finished as soon as possible.

IW and UBI have the same people in service? looks like they are former soviet communal workers, who think ready is ready, when? not important..... >_<

Ah I don't believe in Santa, but still I'd like some presents, and I know a lot would be oh so happy.....

Oh and Joost, when this mod-tools come out I'll see if it's something for me I'm working with maps in autocad, and making images in photoshop/indesighn and so on. Off course that's easy compared to 3ds moddeling, but i'll give it a try. I'll be asking questions soon enough if you dont mind.... :rocky: