RECON?

It was stated some time ago by someone at Ubisoft in an interview that GRAW2 would 'put the RECON back in Ghost Recon.' It's since been generally agreed in another topic by a member of the development team that GRAW2 in fact delivers on that. What's everyone think?

Do the AI friendlies (I think we can safely say this is a mostly SinglePlayer issue) do a good job by your expectations of following orders? Do the keep quiet when in 'RECON?' Do you have any tips or tricks for getting the AI teammates to do what you need of them? Any funny stories of what they've done, good or bad, in-game?

I'll start you off with a funny story of mine, for which I only WISH I had Fraps running. Inserted with Beasley on the 'Get Me Rosen' mission. Moved to the small house near the far insertion point- Beasley at one side amd I at the other. Placed him there watching toward the road, ROE-RECON. I should mention that his primary included a GL. That's important, because as the lone dismount enemy approached from the direction Beasley was watching, he got a face full of 40mm high explosive. Pretty effectively dealt with that one, but also attracted a LOT of attention from the pair of dismounts off to his right up the hill. Hey, I laughed.

Both GRs' and :AW*s' map layouts determined your course more or less by design...AW* threw the added "bonus" of that damned barracks queen telling you to get back to the mission area if you wanted to go free range.

While it's true that :AW*s' HUD Order System and FSCC aids in setting ROE better than GRs' setup (Command Map/soldier Cards), AW* fails to take advantage of it through a combination of glitches...orders, cover arcs, etc. that are sometimes followed, and sometimes not; a movement order with multiple waypoints (and ROE) designed to keep the teammate concealed only to see him waltz down Main St., without a care in the world; the occasional weapons hangups between Assault/Recon switches, etc. At least in GR you can jump into the skin of a teammate (A-B-C) to place him exactly where you want him, covering what you wanted him to cover.

Not to mention my biggest pet peeve of all...

ghostreconcl2.th.jpg advancedwarfighterpr7.th.jpg

...what, advanced warfighters too "advanced" to low crawl?

It was stated some time ago by someone at Ubisoft in an interview that GRAW2 would 'put the RECON back in Ghost Recon.' It's since been generally agreed in another topic by a member of the development team that GRAW2 in fact delivers on that. What's everyone think?

Do the AI friendlies do a good job by your expectations of following orders?

Do the keep quiet when in 'RECON?'

Do you have any tips or tricks for getting the AI teammates to do what you need of them?

Recon, there's Recon in this game. Strange the game I played I was pretty much forced to fight every bad guy on the map if I wanted to get from A to B.

No, but they are much better than [GR] AI in following basic orders, but if you want them to actually watch a corner without going past the corner with their back to the enemy then your out of luck.

Leaving them always slightly behind me covering my advance, then advance them till they are just behind me, and do it again.

Edited by Fletch

Leaving them always slightly behind me covering my advance, then advance them till they are just behind me, and do it again.

Exactly the strategy I always use. Clumsy, and really not a great use of their potential, but still. I wish I could control their general Rules of Engagement like I could in [GR]... physical stance and "guns hot or not" attitude would be very helpful.

-John K.

You have to remember These guys are from Europe.Nothing against Europe.But,Raised in a atmosfere they have been subjected to,No conservitive values.Being Liberal as they are,How could anyone expect them to script a great FPS game.Most arent aloud to own a weapon.We need a good conservetive,Like the real Tom Clancy,to Do that.Liberals do have good art though.Or maybe someone in Chek rebublic.I think they Scripted it excactly like the French would do it.lol

No Recon in Graw 2

Edited by The Blueberry

You have to remember These guys are from Europe.Nothing against Europe.But,Raised in a atmosfere they have been subjected to,No conservitive values.Being Liberal as they are,How could anyone expect them to script a great FPS game.Most arent aloud to own a weapon.We need a good conservetive,Like the real Tom Clancy,to Do that.Liberals do have good art though.Or maybe someone in Chek rebublic.I think they Scripted it excactly like the French would do it.lol

No Recon in Graw 2

I have to laugh as much as I frown, at some of your posts, but this is a classic.

^_^

I would like to make a small clarification about something.

It was the 35th US President, John F. Kennedy ( a liberal-minded Democrat) that caused the creation of TWO of the finest Special Operatives the world has ever seen.

The Special Forces, know as the Green Berets. And the ever popular, Navy SEALS.

Perhaps it has nothing to do with 'liberal' or 'conservative' values, but the fact that the world is a dangerous place to live in, and that it is our responsibility to "meet any foe, bear any burden, and pay any price" to advance freedom.

Thankyou............................................. :thumbsup:

Yeah. [GR] had 6 ROE and not just recon, assault

:-)

Stop, Advance, Advance at all costs... and I remember when you used to say at all costs the guys would go like "At all costs!" Which was cool as hell...

Or you could put them on recon "Going quiet," or on normal "Roger" I think they would say, and of course, my favorite, the little plus sign "Weapons free!"

and remember typing allyourbase in the cheat console they would go like "all your base are belong to us!" and start throwing frags everywhere?

Ah, good times. :)

Stop, Advance, Advance at all costs... and I remember when you used to say at all costs the guys would go like "At all costs!" Which was cool as hell...

Or you could put them on recon "Going quiet," or on normal "Roger" I think they would say, and of course, my favorite, the little plus sign "Weapons free!"

and remember typing allyourbase in the cheat console they would go like "all your base are belong to us!" and start throwing frags everywhere?

Puts a smile on my face. I think tonight I'll fire up [GR] again and have some fun. :)

-John K.

Both GRs' and :AW*s' map layouts determined your course more or less by design...AW* threw the added "bonus" of that damned barracks queen telling you to get back to the mission area if you wanted to go free range.

While it's true that :AW*s' HUD Order System and FSCC aids in setting ROE better than GRs' setup (Command Map/soldier Cards), AW* fails to take advantage of it through a combination of glitches...orders, cover arcs, etc. that are sometimes followed, and sometimes not; a movement order with multiple waypoints (and ROE) designed to keep the teammate concealed only to see him waltz down Main St., without a care in the world; the occasional weapons hangups between Assault/Recon switches, etc. At least in GR you can jump into the skin of a teammate (A-B-C) to place him exactly where you want him, covering what you wanted him to cover.

Not to mention my biggest pet peeve of all...

ghostreconcl2.th.jpg advancedwarfighterpr7.th.jpg

...what, advanced warfighters too "advanced" to low crawl?

Yeah, I gotta agree with you there. It's gotten to a point where I've just uninstalled GRAW 2 from my computer. While the old Ghost Recons may not have the most aggressive storylines, at least they were tactical to a point where you can make your whole team go prone.

And not walk onto Main St (like you mentioned) and get killed when you tell them to hide behind a corner, or "STOP".

Which actually makes for up to NINE different possible ROE settings.

And I wasn't aware of the allyourbase thing, or even the existence of a 'cheat console.' Fascinating. Someone should FRAPS that and put it up YouTube...