TEST01 London with 1.05 patch spotted tonight

It's sad that support has dropped so much for this game so fast. After spending the last few months playing other titles I realized how much better GRAW 2 was than things like CoD4 (hardcore mode is nothing but a shame and plays a LOT like CounterCrap), Crysis (graphically pleasing, but MP sucks horribly), Gears of War (could be good, but ported in a half-assed manner), Unreal Tournament 3 (see Gears of War), Team Fortress 2 (fun at first, but got boring REAL fast), Armed Assault (almost as bugged as Big Rigs ), and a few others here and there. I wouldn't say PC gaming is declining, I'd say gaming overall is declining.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaming isn't declining, it's simply moving toward a younger audience who enjoys action/graphics/explosions over realism and interactivity.

You can see this with an easy test. Have an "Uber" Rainbow Six Vegas player play Rogue Spear on Elite. Sit back and laugh.

Do the same with GR. Watch them get frustrated because they keep getting shot from an enemy they can't see on their Mini-Map/HUD/GPS/Cross-Com2.0203211 and so on.

It's a simple progression that most companies like Ubisoft are taking so they can make more profit. Plus they know all the tactical gamers are going to buy the game anyways.

I know 80% of you will buy GRAW3 when it inevitably comes out. 10% will be stubborn for a month or two and then buy it, and the other 10% will Download it and laugh at the other 90%.

I've been playing games since Super Mario World came out and online since Rainbow Six came out. There is a simple linear downhill progression and every few months the games get easier and more graphically advanced to play.

Edited by [JTF-3]Iceman

I Was playing Tdm yesterday after 2 months.In my opinion i sucked,because of the 2 month off the game,but still i was first :-)

All the old players of Graw2 has left !!Only new people were there,and the most of them take m99 and camp.

The maps and the restrictions is killing this game.

My M416 is hot :-)

I hear the old rock song by Queen in the background "another one bites the dust....."

Are you sure??? i keep hearing "We Will Rock U!" :P

touche'

I hear UBI sing something very close to that but slightly more inappropriate for forums....lol :whistle:

ah well, I'll keep roaming these forums patch or not..... you never know when UBI anounces GRAW3.....

Edited by Forrester

Iceman' date='Jan 10 2008, 09:09 AM' post='508054']

... Mini-Map/HUD/GPS/Cross-Com2.0203211 ...

Oh, GEEZ, are we up to that version again? No WONDER we're having problems! This happened in GRAW, too, when the software versions for the Crosscom OS and satellite uplink controller hadn't been properly debugged, and Mitchell had to postpone the mission in Panama.

Or was that all in my imagination? (The GRAWtrix has you, Neo...)

I'll have you know, though, that GRAW2 v1.05 is incompatible with any CrossCom version older than 2.03, so there goes the neighborhood....

^ I blame the medication.

Wisely so, good fellow.

I had such grand dreams of restarting the GRAWtrix thread, but alas it seems I've gone and deleted it some time ago, upon noticing that no one else had commented on it in, like, a YEAR.

Just remember. You could have SAVED that poor Alabama girl in 2012, which is still a good 4 years off, so you see the effects of today's decisions on future events. Not that this had the LEAST little bit to do with Carlos Ontiveros' wife, hooved kids, swimming pool or nuclear-strike-authorizing Blackberry. In Costa Rica. It's where the IMPORTANT people retire in privacy...

So yeah, not even a RUMOR about the 1.05 patch yet? Is there a betting pool up on this yet, because I've got a $20 that says it's gonna be a while still but it's comin'...

So My question is..... CAN we Sue w00t UBI for selling us a game that they will not support???? w00t Maybe if there is a hole in there pocket they will support the games they sale. :thumbsup:

Does it say anywhere on your box, guarateed patches for 12 months? (or any for that matter)

I don't know of a game that does.

nope, and even worse, PC title's go the way console games do, every year or faster a new game, no new content, no compatibillity, nope just a $50 game..... and you have to buy it cause everybody did.....

I would have to agree, for a great game (maybe someone out there will listen to me) There should be an expansion (or free weapons and map pack) every 6 months for up to 2 years while the sequel is being developed. This would lead to a happier community and keep the game live and fresh untill the next Edition.

Truthfully that is all that is needed, and at 20$ an expanisin + new peeps buying the original or gold series, The initial game would still sell for years.

I'm thinking most of the community here would agree.

Truthfully that is all that is needed, and at 20$ an expanisin + new peeps buying the original or gold series, The initial game would still sell for years.

**BROKEN RECORD WARNING**

**(No, Really, RAbbi sounds about like one... always the same BLAH BLAH BLAH outta that dude)**

You're right, ROCO. That's what we did with [GR], and I've read on here as recently as January 2008 people have purchased [GR] Gold. More players every day coming back to what works and installing/reinstalling 1.4. The community is STILL churning out mods for that, over six years later. THAT is staying power. THAT is what every game should want to be. A role model for a piece of software, if you will. Support for that game was never great, and has been gone now for AGES. And yet on any given night, I'm sure there are at LEAST as many people playing it as GRAW2.

SO, I agree. An inherently good game that can sell right out of the box, enjoy good develper support, and see an expansion or content update of some sort every 6-12 months for a couple years would do well. REALLY well. It worked for BF2 most recently. BF2-SF, EuroForce, and Armored Fury. Good stuff. Content releases, minor updates, and clear statement of continued support. UNLIKE what's been given to GRAW2.

That alone may be this game's final coffin nail- a virtual lack of support...

**BROKEN RECORD WARNING**

**(No, Really, RAbbi sounds about like one... always the same BLAH BLAH BLAH outta that dude)**

You're right, ROCO. That's what we did with [GR], and I've read on here as recently as January 2008 people have purchased [GR] Gold. More players every day coming back to what works and installing/reinstalling 1.4. The community is STILL churning out mods for that, over six years later. THAT is staying power. THAT is what every game should want to be. A role model for a piece of software, if you will. Support for that game was never great, and has been gone now for AGES. And yet on any given night, I'm sure there are at LEAST as many people playing it as GRAW2.

SO, I agree. An inherently good game that can sell right out of the box, enjoy good develper support, and see an expansion or content update of some sort every 6-12 months for a couple years would do well. REALLY well. It worked for BF2 most recently. BF2-SF, EuroForce, and Armored Fury. Good stuff. Content releases, minor updates, and clear statement of continued support. UNLIKE what's been given to GRAW2.

That alone may be this game's final coffin nail- a virtual lack of support...

For Graw 2 there actually has been continued support. Grin will still even help you with making maps for GRAW1. The thing is many for now at least have moved on. if the patch fixes the editor and allows downloading of maps, you may see some return. New maps will also bring peeps back for a bit.

RSE's response when the hack was discovered and downing servers was "The game is no longer supported". The game was never fully fixed (Crater glitching, tight peeking and what not)

Support really isn't the issue. A patch is being made, so there is support. Questions when asked are answered on a NON UBI or GRIN forum, which is unheard of usually.

The main issue i would say is time to fix small server bugs, and time between patches / also initial time to develop game, and no pre-list of what the new patch will fix or add on.

Also one thing that leads to the downfall is, no hype for PC. All we got was some cover art. 90% of the news of GRAW1 and 2 was Xbox screens which were Not PC like. GR1 wasn't that popular either on initial release, but the expansions made more and more peeps try it and the hype built up from within the fan base as the patches fixed things and the expansions were announced way before release, to increase the hype.

I think one thing people some times get confused with is, expansions are support. They are enhancements. They may however fix things.

Patches are support, and communication, + help.

I know there are a couple patches already released, ON PAPER, and I know that we see the occasional GRIN tag around the forum (most notably, one of our own, GRIN Wolfsong), but I can hardly call the total lack of communication and response to issues support. Since there's no enhancement either, one can only reasonably assume we're in the same place we were whenb GRAW hit that same wall- the next big thing is already in the works with Ubishaft, and we'll be lucky if the dev's are even ALLLOWED to talk to us anymore, much less DO anything about the problems which still abound.

I'm glad that you and your team are still enjoying this game, man. Good for ya!

That's increasingly rare today, and with more and more people switching to console gaming in order to get a good game to play without having to constantly spend hundreds at a time to upgrade to keep up, GRAW2 isn't doing many of us any favors.

Looking forward to some [GR] in a few more weeks. See ya there...

I'd like to see all of what's been posted above to be fixed and/or included. But mostly, and this is the deal-breaker, I want the constant crashing of the game to be fixed. I really like GRAW:2, and it would be my favorite shooter if not for this crap coming up way too frequently:

Crash in application version: 30621.2989

Could not load geometry because IDirect3D9::CreateVertexBuffer failed.

This device does not support the queried technique.

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\units\extensions\playercom.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

Sometimes the game will crash with that error after a couple minutes, other times after a couple hours. I can't remember the last time I exited the game normally...

I'd like to see all of what's been posted above to be fixed and/or included. But mostly, and this is the deal-breaker, I want the constant crashing of the game to be fixed. I really like GRAW:2, and it would be my favorite shooter if not for this crap coming up way too frequently:

Crash in application version: 30621.2989

Could not load geometry because IDirect3D9::CreateVertexBuffer failed.

This device does not support the queried technique.

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\units\extensions\playercom.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

Sometimes the game will crash with that error after a couple minutes, other times after a couple hours. I can't remember the last time I exited the game normally...

Could you please repost this (if you haven't already) in Tech Support along with your system specs? It's more likely to get due attention there.

Likely help in tech support

I'm sure if you brought this up through Ubi, the tech support official answer would be something along the lines of telling you to get a new video card. Seems to be the going rate for support these days- all the customer's fault.

Well, if an Nvidia 8800 GT isn't new enough... :wacko:

The London test server was up and full last night, 1st time I've seen anyone on it for a few weeks, seems to have a few on this morning too.

I am assuming the crashes, server list not showing, being booted from servers, not being able to get in servers and various other weird happenings are down to this patch, can someone in an official capacity confirm or deny this???

Because so many of us are having the problems it cant be us, so that only leaves you.

I am assuming the crashes, server list not showing, being booted from servers, not being able to get in servers and various other weird happenings are down to this patch, can someone in an official capacity confirm or deny this???

Testing of a future patch for any game doesn't in any way affect servers playing with the latest released patch as nothing is changed on those servers.