TEST01 London with 1.05 patch spotted tonight

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blueberry, you wanna atleast back up what you're saying with some evidence from some of these posts? Cause until you do, I think everybody's gonna keep asking if you forgot your medicine again. Cause that's all news to me.

It's not news, it's guesswork - because I know some of that is waaaay off the mark. Some of it is probably quite close to the mark though.

News is obviously very close now though, so lets not get caught up in the guessing game again and just wait it out...

* shakes Rocky vigorously*

OUT with it mate! c'mon lad, spill the beans. no bitter for you... :thumbsup:

alrighty then, someone who lives near Rocky, ply him with alcohol and get the info out of him

Thats what the Grin Men told everyone.Yes?

We haven't said anything like that. UBI has access to all the GRAW2 code, yes of course as they own the game.

Yes They did.lol.Isnt it true Grin only has 10 people patching?lol.Yes uh huh.Wasnt the patch given to Ubi 3 months ago??Yes?Wasnt the code turned over to them with only grin doing some patch work??Hasnt Ubi contracted another studio to do Graw future work for Pc?Aint it true Grin hasnt worked on any maps?

This is possibly the best use of innuendo.This is whats been posted across these forums in differnt posts and iterations.Dang.I got to breakdown and get a XBOX 360 dont I?

You need to stop baiting Wolfsong. As I said to someone else recently, neither you nor I have been to the GRIN studios and neither of us know what is going on over there. You do not know how long GRIN has worked on the patch or when they sent it to Ubi. You do not know how many people worked on it or if anyone else is still working on it. You do not know if anyone is working on maps for GRAW 2 or not. Until you have been to the studios and have seen what is going on in person, you need to stop with this style of posting. yes, you paid $50 for your game, but it is up to Ubi to give you any patches or extra content and not GRIN. Be thankful that anyone from GRIN shows up here to read these forums and posts. Many (notice I didnt' say all) companies nowadays don't do that and your (and others around here too) posting style is an example why they don't.

I love you Guys.. :wub: At least your not taking me serious anymore :P Except for you WK,Yes Wk,Ill with hold the bait. w00t You know im just kidding,Right!

I think its great when people spectulate,Read into,just all out guess.We dont know whats coming.I still love this game though.All pun aside.Grin did a great job with what the had.Mind you,Alot leaves to be desired.But.Since its all we have till Graw 3 comes out,or they release a expansion pack and thats what the should do of course,but with no support from the UBI miesters,We will never know.Maybe they are working on the downloadable content thing.EA did.Or not.I think Rocky knows :thumbsup: .He aint telling.So.We wait .We speculate.We bait alittle. :devil: We love ya Grin Men. :wub: All I know is im stoked about new maps.I would make them my self,but since im not a fat pimple faced guy who hasnt taken a shower in 6 days,It would take me till Graw 3 came out.You know something,thats prolly why alot of maps havent found there way into Graw 2.Were all on the edge waiting all the time.Sort of like a single guy at a bar.

Buy the way,maybe you Guys could stop being so serious all the time.Play the game for what it is.Most of ya are playing COD 4 and saying thats just the best game on earth.Thats funny.We wont know untill they tell us. :hmm:

But lets have fun speculating :tumbleweed:

Edited by The Blueberry

Dude, I refuse to play COD4. And although I haven't played it, it sounds a little too much like BF2. Three teams to play as. Although COD games usually have storylines where BF is just out of whack. But yeah I'll agree with you there, Blueberry. Everybody seems to think that and Crysis are the best games ever. I refuse to play either of em. Just not my kind of games. You're also right about it leaving a lot to be desired. Not gonna get into that cause this would just turn into a wish list. Just wanna get back on track with the discussion of this so-called "patch"

Thats what the Grin Men told everyone.Yes?

We haven't said anything like that. UBI has access to all the GRAW2 code, yes of course as they own the game.

Yes They did.lol.Isnt it true Grin only has 10 people patching?lol.Yes uh huh.Wasnt the patch given to Ubi 3 months ago??Yes?Wasnt the code turned over to them with only grin doing some patch work??Hasnt Ubi contracted another studio to do Graw future work for Pc?Aint it true Grin hasnt worked on any maps?

This is possibly the best use of innuendo.This is whats been posted across these forums in differnt posts and iterations.Dang.I got to breakdown and get a XBOX 360 dont I?

you dont know how close you are

PC Patch "secrecy" seems like more mistreatment/disregard of PC-GRAW plyrs... xbox360 plyrs knew ahead their upgrades+ were coming, even some contents were told "officially" before release=> no silly secrecy rubbish or ppl telling the 360 plyrs that they're "lucky" to be getting anything! :x (They are lucky IMO as they've gotten SO much--and free.)

...wondering why some ppl here think Ubi already has the PC patch but has chosen to hold it back? Don't understand what the point of that would be? :unsure:

Stuff this PC business!

I went out and bought myself an Xbox 360!

Got GRAW 2 as well..slapped it in the xbox once it was setup.

Xbox went and dloaded some updates for itself.

The GRAW 2 started, told me through xbox live there were updates, went and got them..dloaded all the map packs..and bang! Suddenly I have plenty of content and new maps. And oh how painless it all was. Not considering buying the xbox which I was getting anyway.

Someone up there in charge of the PC game ought to wake up!

...Don't understand what the point of that would be?
Well, if you are one for conspiracy theories or alterior motives you might conclude by this
...I went out and bought myself an Xbox 360!...Got GRAW 2 as well..
that Ubi just might have a point, know exactly what they are doing, and that it is working.

Me...I'm sticking to the gross incompetence explanation.

You still gotta live w/yourself for buying a console. ;)

LOL. I won mine for free so I don't feel as dirty.

He is right though, the box just does everything for you as far as downloads and updates. It's amazing how much it adds to the game just having a few extra maps and weapons content. Bad part is not having brettzies weapon pack for it.

Stuff this PC business!

I went out and bought myself an Xbox 360!

Got GRAW 2 as well..slapped it in the xbox once it was setup.

Xbox went and dloaded some updates for itself.

The GRAW 2 started, told me through xbox live there were updates, went and got them..dloaded all the map packs..and bang! Suddenly I have plenty of content and new maps. And oh how painless it all was. Not considering buying the xbox which I was getting anyway.

Someone up there in charge of the PC game ought to wake up!

Hmmm, I guess you can feel proud for you purchase.. maybe UBI is smarter then we give them credit for..

I can see them now.. GRNet forums list.. add 1 more sucker to the list.

Of course I am just being facetious, well sort of.

You still gotta live w/yourself for buying a console. ;)

LOL. I won mine for free so I don't feel as dirty.

He is right though, the box just does everything for you as far as downloads and updates. It's amazing how much it adds to the game just having a few extra maps and weapons content. Bad part is not having brettzies weapon pack for it.

That and stuck with a controller and the aim help.

In my view:

It would be nice to see another patch for GRAW2 , since a lot of users have tired its SP

mode and due to it crashing A LOT unable to play it un-installed it and went back to playing

Joint ops coop, R6 Ravenshield coop, GRAW1 org coop. Its coop mode looked worse then

GRAW1 , GR1.

Most games released after 2000-2001 have seemed to be LOWER quality then the games

before 2000-2001.

More and more games in series get pumped out , graphics are the focus instead of real game play

and each next title comes out with worse array of bugs due to the game being rushed and very poor

beta testing.

I would like to see another patch for GRAW1 to fix a few things that it still needs more work on .

Main thing is CHEATING AI being able to see thou buildings/walls/etc .

A lot of people claim games are being more realistic yet the AI knows extactly were you are at all

times and even MORE THEN ONCE spins around and gets you with one hit when it and its buddys

are looking the other way .

I have been playing games for over 20 years on x86 Intel hardware, Apple II's , z80 based systems , c64s

amiga 500s .

The 3DFX glide based games were awesome around 1996 to 2000 , you could have ALL EFFECTS at the

max res of the hardware without any lag , you cant seem to match that with Directx based video cards

they all seem to rely on texturing and lighting instead of doing game effects in hardware . I can remember

playing NFS 2 SE with a glide based 3dfx card and seeing awesome rain and spatter effects and glare from

the sun.

Games in the last few years have had their colours REDUCED , its like a budget on the colour pallete

is in the programming system . GRAW1 is a classic example , guys are brown , sky is brown , buildings

are brown , trucks are brown , heck if you could fart it would be brown . I think to blame is the multi platform

games were they limit the game for the consoles and the effects carry over to the poorly writtend pc port

once the console edition is done.

In my view FPS games have should of NEVER been released on consoles that do not nativly support

keyboard and mouse as the primary control method , using auto aim , slowing game pace down is ruining

fps games due to this .

Sure consoles have their place but they shouldnt have FPS (*3rd person fps)/RTS games using a noob controller

is it so hard to support keyboard and mice with PS2/USB as a native control method .

I supported R6 and GR series a bit buy buying the game ( and in a few cases TWICE)

(R6 and its exp packs , R6 ravenshield and exp packs and R6 Rogue Spear and exp packs also GR1 )

but lately its not worth suppporting by keep on paying cash for ###### poor bug ridden incompete console ported games.

I got Joint ops for free off a person that got it with a video card and was going to throw it since he didnt play fps games

same with GRAW1 . But GRAW2 by the looks of things is NOT worth supporting by paying cash for this joke of a release.

I cant see GR series getting any better on the PC platform till they do a BETTER job at BETA testing the software before

Retail and making it a PC ONLY Game thus bypassing the need for lean/autoaim/reduced gameplay and freeing up the

dev/programmers to do a decent job (who ever that may be)

Also the series needs to come back to its org coop roots instead of focusing on single player solo story line mode.

Yeah I agree with charlie. I played JO for so long it wasn't even funny. But eventually all that was left were tank noobs and cheaters. But I kinda got tired of it. I crushed the COOP. Used to own it night and day. Anyways, I don't wanna get off topic with the woulda's, coulda's and shoulda's. Just not worth it. Get wayyy off topic. I somewhat agree with the lack of beta testing but then again, it's not like we get unlimited time and also unlimited people to test it. I also agree with whoever said Ubi shouldn't be withholding information about a new patch. That's not a should have. That's a should not therefor I'm not off topic. So come on already, Ubi. Are you pulling the plug on us, releasing a new patch, or giving GRIN the Ubishaft and bringing a new company in? Sick of waiting it out. Do that and all you end up with is a flooded house and a complaining community. Not a threat. Was talking about people who wait it out during hurricanes.

Dont take it personaly.They are pushing the BOX.Everyone wants games off the PC and on a platform.i BUY every game for pc I can just to support the platform.I still havent played World in Conflict or Crys.I have them though.

Lost another one to XBOX.If it only had support for keyboard and mouse when gaming.

Just remember,this isnt just a UBI thing,its a EA thing,and a Windows thing.Microsoft wants it out of the PC world.

I still think EA bought into UBI just to stop there development for PC so there BF frachise could dominate. :hmm: You got to love a good black bag job.Its just over our heads. :ph34r:

Dont take it personaly.They are pushing the BOX.Everyone wants games off the PC and on a platform.i BUY every game for pc I can just to support the platform.I still havent played World in Conflict or Crys.I have them though.

Lost another one to XBOX.If it only had support for keyboard and mouse when gaming.

Just remember,this isnt just a UBI thing,its a EA thing,and a Windows thing.Microsoft wants it out of the PC world.

I still think EA bought into UBI just to stop there development for PC so there BF frachise could dominate. :hmm: You got to love a good black bag job.Its just over our heads. :ph34r:

Who knows what Microsoft wants... talk about the company where one division doesn't know what the other division is doing.... but game developers ALL want the game industry to move to consoles. They only have two or three hardware reference designs to program to (reduced programming, graphic translation and testing costs), so they can put out a better quality game faster. And with all new consoles coming with internet access they can patch those games and provide DL content much easier (especially content for sale with MS and Sony having the storefronts with transaction handling already built-in).

If MS and Sony would fully support keyboard / mouse with their consoles AND the game devs would support them, I would see a complete cratering of the PC gaming world. FPS freaks like us still tend to grav toward keyboard/mouse but if that was also available on the console I would probably make the move myself.

I still have the first few "PC" games I ever bought... a few Infocom adventure games for the C64 and an EA game called Starflight for the "IBM PC". Amazing where we've come since then but yeah, PC gaming is sliding off the map of relevancy fairly quickly these days.

-John K.

...an EA game called Starflight for the "IBM PC".

Hehe. I have that. But for Sega Mega Drive. :thumbsup:

Here's hoping we didn't just put an age on ourselves, Wolf. :)

If I could get the 5.25" floppy discs in my current PC I would love to try to install Starflight... I think it was listed as compatible with DOS 3.3. heh heh

-John K.

Speaking of Dos games.My rapage rednecks is still hanging around....ooooohhhhh....the best game made for dos.THIRD REICH...I need a cheap computer now.

http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/9017/index.html

Starflight??Is there a ROm available thats compatable with maime?

http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?gameid=2086

Looks like it has a sequel to.

Edited by The Blueberry

,,, a Windows thing.Microsoft wants it out of the PC world.

You really should play other games and not just shooters. Microsofts oldest and biggest franchise will never end up on the console. As a matter of fact, MS released a mission pack for Flight Simulator X this year called Acceleration. They rarely release mission packs for FS, so that should tell you much. MS also supports modders for FS (unlike they do for their XBox X360 games). You need to research what you wish to talk about before spouting off. MS wants to push the PC as a gaming platform just as much as the their console as evidenced by the Games For Windows iniative they started and many games now are part of (though not all games meet the Games For Windows Live portion as that is an optional feature).