TEST01 London with 1.05 patch spotted tonight

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truthfully i think it will keep the current newer players happy (most of the 200+ playing right now aren't old timers but newer to the game, and those that still have it (most of us Clancy types don't trade our games in) will revisit it. I would say on patch day and the next 3 days after to see about 500 in) the servers. If they like what they see and any tournaments like the one at Gr.net are going on, they may stay and bring friends. For the more realism type gamer, your choices are GRAW 2, Armed Assault, or America's Army. there isn't any thing else that isn't WAY to arcadish. Realism based on no power ups and more realistic movement and weapon handling. Not on equipment as some are based on perceived future weapons.

My hopes are...

1) Being able to shoot through + nade through tree leaves and around tree trunks and rocks without invisible walls.

2) Fort glitches fixed

3) Screenshot special character bug fixed (i know this one was being worked on for the patch

4) Auto download of maps for co-opers and MP team games both

5) restart server, pink diamonds and settings not taking hold fix

6) ability to save and load scripts (very important) on the fly

7) slower shouldering of the M99

8) ability to shoot out of a bush without it making a sound like you are being hit (never did get how that one got missed)

My dreams are

7) New content for stock maps even if ported from single player or unfinished maps

8) New primary and new 2ndary weapon of some sort. Maybe a new class and add a flashbang.

9) increased injury shake, or injury model of some sort besides health meter and no effect to soldier

10) grenades shake screen of those it was fired at like when you blow up a truck. But only those Close to the explosion. It was like this once before... and the NDA doesn't let me say anymore.

11) 50 caliber will not deafen everyone on the same team no matter where they are in the map

12) decreased ocean sounds by 1 or 2 notches. Loud is good but they franky are deafing.

13) allow the server to create an xml for our stats. The gamespy stats are confusing and really don't tell us everything. Server stats in GRAW1 were awesome!

And my super dream extras would be

13) Port all xbox gr1 maps to GRAW 2 or make a purchaseable expansion.

14) Announce an expansion is in the works of somesort so we won't be buying a complete new game later

15) announce Grin will still be doing the above

16) squads for the co-opers

17) After action chat

18) not getting kicked outta the console on a map round switch or need to be playing. (map i understand)

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/764/764975p2.html

“GRAW 2: PC Developer Tells Allâ€

“IGN: What downloadable content can we expect to see following the launch?

Nouredine Abboud: We are planning on bringing some downloadable content after launch but, right now, we can't get too specific because we'd like to keep it secret. What we can say is that the way the community uses the maps and content we give them at launch will affect how we react, as it was with GRAW 1. We brought in new modes when the community wanted them.â€

WHY?

"recon"??????????????

Oh yeah, that ONE mission that bothered to be at all entertaining. JUST ONE. HArdly a revival, though he's right that it was at least one more worthwhile mission than we got in GRAW.

Hardly justifies the comment that they're putting anything BACK in Ghost Recon- it was there before and they BLEW it...

"recon"??????????????

Oh yeah, that ONE mission that bothered to be at all entertaining. JUST ONE. HArdly a revival, though he's right that it was at least one more worthwhile mission than we got in GRAW.

Hardly justifies the comment that they're putting anything BACK in Ghost Recon- it was there before and they BLEW it...

Actually you can finish all missions in GRAW2 in a recon type game style. It's all up to the player to take it slow and silent as the functionality is there. Unlike in GRAW1 when there wasn't a recon option.

Hey Wolf stop answering (wasting your time) to the unimportant posts, i see many questions here unanswered that are far more important than the tit for tat posts. Give us some answers that mean something to us. :)

I'm just correcting statements that are not entirely true. ;) Not answering questions... well... I think I prevented the Fort thing from happening again... anyone tries it... they will feel what a bottomless pit is like. Also fixed the error in the "info stand" collision on that map. :P

Not really involved in the GRAW2 patch at all, just do minor fixes I stumble opp on and can do something about without taking time from the project I'm actually working on.

Hey Wolf stop answering (wasting your time) to the unimportant posts, i see many questions here unanswered that are far more important than the tit for tat posts. Give us some answers that mean something to us. :)

I'm just correcting statements that are not entirely true. ;) Not answering questions... well... I think I prevented the Fort thing from happening again... anyone tries it... they will feel what a bottomless pit is like. Also fixed the error in the "info stand" collision on that map. :P

Not really involved in the GRAW2 patch at all, just do minor fixes I stumble opp on and can do something about without taking time from the project I'm actually working on.

Is it safe to assume your the person to correct the collision with the trees and other flaws with collision in the game then Wolf?

Do you know if we will be getting back the old way of selecting our kits I had to ask?:)

I know you said you not involved just looking for any intel you can or is willing to give.

Edited by PainExposer

A good patch will give me a boost to continue coop maps,I expect very much that the editor will be more stable,rate of fire,crash betwin round in campaign and coop,fixed the chat in game and of course auto-download.

This game still has a chance to reborn please don't blew it!

:fingersx:

I'm not expecting much since GRIN has been working on Bionic Commando. If you ask me this is probably something to hint that they haven't completely given up on us yet. I thought there was no more support. I just hope this patch is the beginning of that support but I don't have my hopes up. This is like that episode of South Park when Cartman got em all to believe the 3rd grade was so great so they got those two star trek fans to build a time machine to go back in time and in the end of the episode they realized the 4th grade wasn't all that bad. I'd love to have teams of 3 like in [GR] but I really don't see that happening. Could go on and on wishing for stuff but this is about the new patch so I'm gonna try to keep it with that. Like I said, this patch is probably just a way to show that they're gonna continue supporting the game and they have been busy with the other game I'm sure so don't get all frustrated if this patch doesn't have everything in it. Probably gonna be a few maps and some bug fixes. That's all I expect.

I'm not expecting much since GRIN has been working on Bionic Commando. If you ask me this is probably something to hint that they haven't completely given up on us yet. I thought there was no more support. I just hope this patch is the beginning of that support but I don't have my hopes up. This is like that episode of South Park when Cartman got em all to believe the 3rd grade was so great so they got those two star trek fans to build a time machine to go back in time and in the end of the episode they realized the 4th grade wasn't all that bad.

Sounds as a decent description of some peoples view of GR vs. GRAW2 :P

Post missing? It was OT and deleted.

I see my post was deleted although I was only explaining that the original poster (deko147) info was outdated and old.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...8188&st=15#

I was putting into context when that info was released. He needs to go edit his original post and state that, because its out of context otherwise.

:thumbsup:

Not to rain on anyones parade but in regards to these "new" maps seen listed on the testbed servers...who's to say (and Bo's not talking) that they are not of the badge-engineered variety (existing map, different name), it's not like conversions haven't been done before (sierra, etc.).

Just Be happy they are going to throw us a Bone.This is prolly :hmm: going to be it.I dont think there will be any major fixs like AUTO DOWNLOAD,Heavy weapon fix,Mod tools.ECT.ECT.Lots of small fixs.Then hold your breath for Graw 3.Ubi has all the code now.Right??Huh?

EDIT :

FOR THE ANAL RETENTIVE

Edited by The Blueberry