CoD 4 surpasses BF 2

PwntUpRage

With the recent plethora of decent FPS this year, the numbers of players in each game has been knocked for a loop.

According to gamemonitor.com, there are now 26,000 players online at the moment for cod4 compared to 12,500 for BF2.

BF2 has been number 3 on the list for ages behind the counterstrike games but has now been passed by quake wars and cod4.

Quake wars didnt surprise me, but cod4 has none of the vehicle dominated games the masses seem to want as of late. To do so well being an infantry only game is promising.

No biggie. BF2 is over 2 years old and the support is non-existent for more then 6 months now and a game as bugged as BF2 gets uninteresting w/o support. The ones still playing are true BF2-fans that will keep on playing for a long time. Just like GR or RaSh stayed alive but have been surpassed by new games in no-time.

I really think that the amount of players on the COD4 will low down in the future.It's a good game but we get bored fast.First the maps are to small and secondly ranked is to fast acquired mean that there is players who are playing just for that.

I am a real BF2 fan and I will play this game for a long long time just like GR series,and in my book no fps game as beat it yet.

The next blast will be BF3 ;),

:rocket:

I am a real BF2 fan and I will play this game for a long long time just like GR series,and in my book no fps game as beat it yet.

I kind of agree, BF2 has a long feature set that by and large is well implemented, vehicle use for example, that hasn't really been matched yet by any one single title.

Less than a month ago you were posting how brilliant they were.

Some of the maps are a bit small, but what I like about them is that even after hours of play on them, you'll still see someone pulling of a move that you didn't know was possible, to find a new vantage point. There's a remarkable amount of detail in these maps that shows a lot of thought has gone in to them.

I agree Rocky, a couple of the small ones "bog" etc do my head in when people bother to snipe in them but overall for the size of the maps i think they are pretty good and look excellent.

Looking forward to some bigger maps in the future though definitely..

Less than a month ago you were posting how brilliant they were.

Some of the maps are a bit small, but what I like about them is that even after hours of play on them, you'll still see someone pulling of a move that you didn't know was possible, to find a new vantage point. There's a remarkable amount of detail in these maps that shows a lot of thought has gone in to them.

I concur. Maps are small but comparing to GRAW maps they are small masterpieces. I dont like all of them of course ( showdown, shipment, bloc, bog >_< ) but generaly IW did great job with maps.