Are you interested in GR:AW3?

Are you interested in GR:AW3  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I address this to Grin/Ubisoft. Grin could've said, even lied to buy time and get this game finished. But i challenge UBI/Grin to go to a Restaurant and order some food. get VERY excited, but have the food half cooked, cold and really lousy, then you'll know what WE PC gamers feel like.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I address this to Grin/Ubisoft. Grin could've said, even lied to buy time and get this game finished.

Some may say that silence is golden, but that’s not true in all cases, some people may interpret silence as a way to deceive, to not evolve the truth. Muhammad Ali interpretation of silence is†Silence is golden when you can’t think of a good answerâ€.

I address this to Grin/Ubisoft. Grin could've said, even lied to buy time and get this game finished. But i challenge UBI/Grin to go to a Restaurant and order some food. get VERY excited, but have the food half cooked, cold and really lousy, then you'll know what WE PC gamers feel like.

A better term would be cooked (from an MP TDM standpoint) but a little rare, and right before final delivery, UBI pulls the main ingredient do to an Ecoli scare... , so there scrambling to add a little salt at the end for flavor

Heck what do you expect when the cook only gets 1/3rd the time to finish the meal as other major cooks under different restraunts get. (turn it on high and hope a little pink isn't noticed)

Problem is we all wanted aged old meat cooked to perfection.

-We are a Spanish Clan, actually playing GRAW2.

-We don't like COD4 style shooters....we started playing [GR].

-We dislike GRAW2, but actually there isn't nothing better.

-We are making time till:

1) UBI returns to the [GR] franchise.

2) GROUND BRANCH comes to the light.

3) Another company comes to save the tactical shooters gamestyle with a new game.

-We don't buy GRAW 3.

-We have all time of the world.

-We can wait.

-We, we, we....

lol

Regards.

...And the poll does not state what GRAW3 would be like. It could as well be a state of the art GR variant.
Your right, I probably should have set up the question better, so here goes...Using recent history as your guide, ie., the progression of :AW to :AW2- start to finish, pre and post release, are you ready for Round 3?

...(same engine/gameplay/structure, different box art) of the Ubi/GRIN :AW series,...
____

BTW: This isn't intended as another bash the pub or the dev thread, just taking the temperature, is all :shifty:

I also voted no. Mostly because GRAW2 was promised to deliver that GRAW wasn't. By the time GRIN or any other publisher has cooked up a new GRAW I think Ground Branch is already out. Also the Advanced Warfighter idea doesn't appeal to me. I like strategical, tactical and realistic gameplay, mostly coop. The ingredients GRAW2 lacks is a showcase of a cook that doesn't listen to constructive critisism he had on his earlier menu. But as often I am eager to be proven wrong. A GR redux as someone mentioned before is probably the best bet UBI can do for a new GR game. Though I don't think a redux is enough anymore with all the new games comming out. For me the redux must have a lot of new 'real life' features to.

:unsure:

Edited by Toniezz

No

Worldwide best selling franchises:

- Rayman®: 20 million units sold

- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell ®: 18 million units sold

- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six®: 17 million units sold

- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®: 15 million units sold

- Driver®: 14 million units sold...

Ubisoft Corporate Info: At a glance

I realize it is for multiple platforms, but

why would they change anything? It's hunky dory for them.

The publisher and developers have acted on very little of what has been suggested in any forums for years.

No more for me, as far as I can tell. Been burned and let down one too many times. First with Letdown, then Vegas, graw1 was ok but definitely not like GR, and now graw2 (good but definitely not GR).

About a year after RvS was released, UBI jumped the shark. That's right around the time they shifted most their focus to console games. It's quite obvious nowadays that consoles are a priority to them. :wacko:

By the look of the totals that GRAW horse is yet again taking another beating. :whack: As many beatings as it's taken you would think it would have been dead and buried a long time ago. :flowers: Guess it must be a Mitchell horse! :o

I'm kinda disappointed in both GRIN and UBI. Ubi for ditching PC gamers and GRIN for ditching the GRAW and GRAW 2 PC gamers for their new project. Really was hoping we'd get a new patch but now that they're working on Bionic Commando, I doubt we'll see that. And I'm really doubting we'll see another GRAW unless RSE makes it and that would probably mean having to play it 3rd-person which isn't happening. I was really glad when playing GRAW that I could see my guns. I loved the [GR] games on PS2 cause they were similar to the PC version except I think they had less teammates. But I also loved being able to fast rope out of the Blackhawk cause it put you there and gave you a sense of actually fast roping out of a BH or stepping out the back of a Stryker. Althought I think the back of the Stryker was too small cause I think they can actually carry 9 combat equipped soldiers and it looked like it was getting full with just four. But that was a huge let down, having just the cinematic scenes and seeing them fast rope out of the black hawk instead of doing it first person by pressing X. GRIN said we could mod it so we could have that but one: I'm not a modder and two: they never really said how. You got to do it like once or twice but it wasn't the same feeling cause even then, you weren't controlling your guy. He just automatically fast ropes out. Yeah it's a game but I think that feature made GRAW a lot cooler than GRAW 2. I was also disappointed how you had to set waypoints in the "Overview" mode which never let you zoom in or out so you really had to guess when placing a waypoint or remember where the enemy was by remembering a certain landmark. I wish it was like in GRAW where you could place WP's in the tactical map cause you could zoom in. You can zoom in with GRAW 2's tac map but you can't set WP's with it. Now what made GRAW 2 so great was the fact that they implemented ACUs into the game which is what soldiers are wearing in today's wars. I also like the new weapons. M14 and M416 mostly. But what has kept me playing GRAW 2 are the modders. Specifically the weapons modders. Even more specifically Brettzies and Snowfella. Their weapons and sounds are amazing and make the game so much more interesting. Anyways, that's my newspaper-sized article review.

Voted "No".

2 titles about the Advanced Warfighter-topic are enough for me. Now I want a mix between CoD4(the setting and locations), RaSh(gameplay) and everything from GR that made GR what it was. All that would make a great GR 5 for me. I doubt any producer would see it the same way. ;)

I agree rugg. I'm very disappointed that GRIN just abandoned us that quick for a new game.

It's not GRIN who pulles plugs, blame UBI, GRIN is afaik very frustrated by the way UBI treats us PC gamers.... (but won''t tell so cause they like to develope games, and UBI pays them to do so..... dont bite the feeing hand)

I believe they do whatever they can to convince UBI for doni better with us.... but UBI is a big giants, and giants are known for one thing in every fairytale...... they don't hear well.....

Edited by Forrester

I'd have to agree with the majority here and say no. Both the games were severely unbalanced in terms of gameplay (GRAW 1 was dominated by the GL and GRAW 2 by the GL and M-99). Both games had horrible coop (GRAW 1 campaign coop too linear, lack of objectives in [GR] Coop, while GRAW 2 just didn't have any maps and a bug ridden campaign coop).

While the game did a lot of things right (weapon fire from the gun instead of players eyes for example) it did way more wrong. It feels like a half-finished mod for another game. Two strikes, bases loaded with other great games, I'm not going to risk striking out on the third pitch.

nutlink don't forget the [GR] COOP love mate.

while GRAW/GRAW2 have a coop, it was crippled to 4 players for one, then coop was limited to linear play, give us the full map and allow us to venture and complete objectives in any order like [GR].

reticule twip closure would've shut down the m99 perfect shots. God, how i hate seeing slugs standing there walking left and right with the m99 shooting like they were prone. [GR] atleast penalized you by degreading your accuracy when standing,kneeling and prone.

i thought ever since the GRAW1 days that the game engine was not up to the task. seems I'm right.