graw 3 in future?

shaunwhite26

Weren't the new Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six games leaked in that Ubisoft contest a few months ago? Before they were edited out of it.

I'm sure a new Ghost Recon is coming, but I'd prefer to see it shift back to the style of the first game in terms of multiple soldier and squad control, more open environments, no advanced warfighter stuff, multiple objectives and bonus objectives that you can tackle in any order you chose, mission planning and recon, more tactical gameplay, etc. Same goes for the area of conflict. The part of the world that the first Ghost Recon took place in (Eastern Europe, etc) is far more interesting to me. It allows for winter maps, forests, rain, etc. A lot more variety imo.

Agreed with the online single player campaign being co-op as well. If they could somehow manage six player online co-op, basically two squads of three, that would be pretty special. The multiplayer styled co-op is still really fun too, so all of that good stuff would have to stay. The entire online system needs to be fleshed out more, and possibly add in a Halo styled matchmaking and party system on top of the normal way of finding games. I've heard too many stories of poor new players being booted from GRAW and GRAW2 matches just because of their low rank, which hurts the overall community.

Weren't the new Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six games leaked in that Ubisoft contest a few months ago? Before they were edited out of it.

I'm sure a new Ghost Recon is coming, but I'd prefer to see it shift back to the style of the first game in terms of multiple soldier and squad control, more open environments, no advanced warfighter stuff, multiple objectives and bonus objectives that you can tackle in any order you chose, mission planning and recon, more tactical gameplay, etc. Same goes for the area of conflict. The part of the world that the first Ghost Recon took place in (Eastern Europe, etc) is far more interesting to me. It allows for winter maps, forests, rain, etc. A lot more variety imo.

Agreed with the online single player campaign being co-op as well. If they could somehow manage six player online co-op, basically two squads of three, that would be pretty special. The multiplayer styled co-op is still really fun too, so all of that good stuff would have to stay. The entire online system needs to be fleshed out more, and possibly add in a Halo styled matchmaking and party system on top of the normal way of finding games. I've heard too many stories of poor new players being booted from GRAW and GRAW2 matches just because of their low rank, which hurts the overall community.

Good thoughts. I like the idea of a completely different co-op campaign, broken into missions the way it is now, because replayability is much improved. Having to play through a whole Single Player campaign with friends would be cool once, but would fall apart after that. The current set-up allows for "chapter two" content, and I like that.

But doing single player with 6 friends, or even 1 friend each in command of a 3 man unit would be awesome.

The current MP feel of Co-Op is far superior to the current feel of SP, so please don't destroy a good thing, UBI.

I still want a mission editor to make my own CooP games. Like [GR] had on the PC somewhat, but on console. It don't have to be much just a simple editor to add in enemy's give them way points. Also and in objectives for the players! Maybe they can even use it to make new starting points for TDM since they seem to not want to add in a random starting point system. Its nice to play and feeling like you dont know where they coming from it keeps it fresh!

Also if a new GR comes out. All i can do is hope for 2 things. 1 much better AI, i am still hopen for FarCry AI smarts at the least. 2 and this one is a must FPWV! I don't think i can do another GR with OTSV again and the flowting cross hairs are now really outdated to me anyways.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 was just announced today, so it seems like that Prize Pack leak was legit. Which means GRAW3 is probably on it's way next year too. I really do hope it's a more traditional Ghost Recon game and not the advanced warfighter stuff. It's run it course, no need for a third in that style.

Edited by Kramerica Ind

They should use COD 4 as an example for real world weapons, nice landscapes, but more open maps, more realistic weapon models for MP, make the sniper rifles unlocked with marksmanship or something like that, and make the sniper rifles more realistic, ie., harder to use, it was the sniper rifle that ruined GRAW 2 MP for both 360 and pc.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 was just announced today, so it seems like that Prize Pack leak was legit. Which means GRAW3 is probably on it's way next year too. I really do hope it's a more traditional Ghost Recon game and not the advanced warfighter stuff. It's run it course, no need for a third in that style.

Hopefully GRAW3 will come out I'm a big fan of the Ghost Recon series so I think they bring out GRAW3

They should use COD 4 as an example for real world weapons, nice landscapes, but more open maps, more realistic weapon models for MP, make the sniper rifles unlocked with marksmanship or something like that, and make the sniper rifles more realistic, ie., harder to use, it was the sniper rifle that ruined GRAW 2 MP for both 360 and pc.

Ooh, I like that idea. Marksmanship unlocks better sniper rifles. I wish they actually included hit percentage stats for each multiplayer contest. I just like to see it. Spray and Prayers wouldn't care, but my ego would feel better if I lost to one but went 75% accuracy... Really, anything to discourage the spray and pray would be good, if you ask me. Gun Jams, overheating, wild fire, name-calling, whatever.

Only problem is, overbalance. You don't want a group of players who play way much to have all the better weapons and such. You also don't want to make it impossible to attain once you mess up a little. Here's a suggesstion: Complete the Co-Op Campaign (all missions) with x% accuracy or better and you unlock the best rifle for all future contests. You could even unlock a couple of different rifles as you went through the missions, I guess.

Unlocking sniper rifles and scopes for assault rifles is part of the equation, balancing the sniper rifle in MP is more important because it is an uber-weapon in GRAW on both platforms, people running around shooting from a standing position like it was a semi auto assault rifle, rediculous.

Even in COD 4, you really need to hold your breath to shoot properly, like the way it was implemented in GRAW SP by Ubi, however, you also need to balance accuracy with stance and movement, add for proper recoil, if you don't, the MP becomes another sniper duel.

COD 4 could have benefited from a few things in GRAW like squad control, coop play and, most annoying thing in gaming, no non stop respawning enemies, who all magically disappear when you cross an invisible line on the map, such dumb scripting. I much prefer levels where you can tactically take out the enemy on a level. As such, GRAW trumps action games like COD.

Unlocking sniper rifles and scopes for assault rifles is part of the equation, balancing the sniper rifle in MP is more important because it is an uber-weapon in GRAW on both platforms, people running around shooting from a standing position like it was a semi auto assault rifle, rediculous.

Even in COD 4, you really need to hold your breath to shoot properly, like the way it was implemented in GRAW SP by Ubi, however, you also need to balance accuracy with stance and movement, add for proper recoil, if you don't, the MP becomes another sniper duel.

COD 4 could have benefited from a few things in GRAW like squad control, coop play and, most annoying thing in gaming, no non stop respawning enemies, who all magically disappear when you cross an invisible line on the map, such dumb scripting. I much prefer levels where you can tactically take out the enemy on a level. As such, GRAW trumps action games like COD.

That's an excellent point. The M107 is powerful, but unusable unless prone. Even while prone, rapid fire is not a real option.

So here's a question: Would you be willing to use unrealistic modifiers to force realistic gameplay?

What I mean: Say you're in a standing position with the Barret 50cal. Realisticly, few people could accurately fire the rifle while standing, but it could be done. The original GR made the reticle quite large, making the sniper rifle unwiedly while standing. What about adding a randomizer to the shot location so that, while standing, you have a 15% chance of hitting dead center, 30% chance of hitting high or low of your aim point, and a 12.5% chance of hitting left or right? Its not realistic to add these forced factors in (you could be standing, calm, steady, and fire at an unmoving target and miss high...), these modifers would force you to lie down to use the rifle (where the modifiers would all but disappear...)

Yes I expect we will see another Ghost Recon game.

A console version that has many more options than previous versions, taking in mind all different types of play.

The pc side will I would say will be a direct port.

I think you're right. And TBH I think the port will be a better game than GRAW1&2 (if done better than R6 Vegas, that is...).

Respectfully

krise madsen

• 2 weeks later...

The January 2008 issue of OXM mentions the next Ghost Recon game in their rumour section. So take this with a grain of salt. This is second hand information since I don't have the issue myself.

"Next Ghost Recon game is atleast a couple years away and won't carry the Advanced Warfighter moniker and won't feature and urban setting."

The issues also talks a lot about the new Rainbow Six and rumours some major changes for Splinter Cell Conviction, so I'm thinking this may have some legs since they obviously went to Ubisoft to see the new RS and must have picked up some nuggets on the other Clancy franchises.

Edited by Kramerica Ind

I think there will be another Ghost Recon game but not GRAW 3. More likely Ghost Recon 4. The advanced warfighter theme has been maxed out in my opinion. I think we will see a return to realism.

I don't think so. The more they make the game accessible to arcade shooter fans, the more money they make. On a side note, I wish publishers would get it out of their heads that console gamers are arcade gamers. That's what they are because THAT"S WHAT YOU GIVE THEM. Let's see a realistic GR 4 for PC and 360.

Edited by bigcat75

Just saw this post on the ubi forums. Don't know where it is scanned from, but it really depresses me. Looks like GRAW 3 is around the corner, stuck in mexico still. Coop for me was the only real redeeming feature of GRAW. I hope ubi doesnt butcher up this series even more.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3...13/m/4371030616

Edited by Calgar99

the use of a single engine for both MP and SP sounds interesting.....hopefully this means that redstorm is off somewhere working on the 2009 iteration of the series, similar to how the early iterations of Splinter Cell were handled by alternating teams.

Edited by 5timechamp

To me that article looks like a very bad photshop fake. Wheres the page numbers, and why is the image far too detailed. Mags wouldn't use images with that high amount of detail.

Complete FAKE.

I agree. And that point about the January Xbox magazine mention makes more sense. There was a whole article on Rainbow Six in there.

Also, why, in an article about GRAW3 where there is specific information regarding the merger of the SP and MP styles, would your picture include the MP look? Those characters in the picture look like the MP renditions.

Its a fake.