Deja Vous?

Gaz

OK, don't take this as a rant, or anti-UBI post. I would just like to air my thoughts about the once-pretty good game.

I echo all the "[GR] was great etc etc" sentiments, as I played for quite a few years too. RSE did a damned fine job.

GRAW came along... it was okay. Buggy but okay.

GRAW 2 was next... Just okay but still a bit better than GRAW

In between I've played VEGAS and Silent Hunter. Both UBI titles and both had the potential to be great games. BUT, UBI ignored it's customers when they cried for updates, patches, bugfixes etc. Over on the Vegas forums, things were incredibly hostile from both UBI reps and the forum residents. At the end of the day, UBI gave everyone the bird saying "thanks for buying our games, now **** off and stop whining". Pretty much the same with SH4 too.

I think the same is going to happen to GRAW 2. UBI/GRIN will just let it die. The fanbase is too small and they're made their money out of us. Maybe us "old school [GR]" players are just too old and we aren't moving with the times? It just seems that every FPS these days follows the same formula:

"run, shoot, die, respawn, run ,shoot, die, respawn..." not forgetting the bunnyhopping of course. <_<

Being ignorant of the programming aspect, it amazes me as to why UBI/GRIN haven't even made the SP maps into MP ? Surely this isn't THAT hard to do? But again, maybe that points back to the UBI response to the VEGAS issues? "we don't give a damn, we got your money. hahahaha" Shame because it will breathe new life into the game.

GRAW 2 is dead in my opinion and UBI/GRIN will not attempt to resurrect it. C'est la vie. :rolleyes:

Now I've moved to COD4... I'm not really that impressed. Yes, as others have said, it's pretty to look at. But again as others have said it has it's flaws. I probably won't continue to play COD4 purely because of the nature of the game (non tactical) but it's ok to play just for short term.

For those who stick it out and continue with GRAW 2, have fun :D

BUT, UBI ignored it's customers when they cried for updates, patches, bugfixes etc.

There aren’t too many industries these days that can legally sell a product, for full price, that’s incomplete, with exception of the gaming industry.

The consumer is forced to rely on words from the producers of games to have a satisfactory produce after purchase.

If the producers, in there wisdom, decide to cease support, the consumer will have to accept it.

I guess that gaming companies know what they can get away with, so they take full advantage of it.

The problem with that statement Metal_Jacket is what you would classify as incomplete. Sure you might class a game as incomplete as it's in your mind is lacking a few things, but in my mind it might be classed as a complete game as everything I wanted to see is in there....or a complete game for you might be incomplete to me as it's lacking that M4forgery with 50 billion custom parts that I wanted to see. Then we are once again falling back on personal opinion, and we all know that golden sentance from Serellan that the perfect game for you will only sell one copy.

As for industries that can "release" incomplete products...I'd say just about all industries can and do release incomplete products every day. Everything we buy is incomplete or unfinished in one way or another. I'd like to see you go out and buy a car, coffee machine, bottle of booze, computer or clothes that dont need any additional parts/upgrades or maintenance during it's life! I could pretty much bet you that you can't name a single product for sale right now that don't need parts/upgrades or maintenance at some stage!

As for GRIN, GRAW2 and the future...all I'm going to say is don't count them out yet! They might still suprise you with the mother of all patches :yes:

@ SnowFella

Offcourse, if you buy a car, computer, coffee machine or even a bottle of beer, there is a chance that there might be a fault or faulty, that is why companies by law need to follow a standard, if the product falls below the particular standard within a time frame they are obligated to comply.

As for the gaming industry there doesn’t seem to be a standard, if there is, I would like to know what it is.

If you are happy with GRAW2 in the state that it is at the moment, I respect that, you got what you wanted, personally in my opinion (if the game stays as is) I have purchased a substandard product.

With all the new games at the moment they miss something, the good thing about grin is that a post will most likely been seen by them they might not implement it though, i see with cod4 there are just so many playin it that it will not change at all because they have sold enough already. The same with Crysis. Cod4 and crysis are just not realistic for me i dont mind anygame but if i shoot a weapon any one i need to know that it will hit but hit correcly with Graw 1 we had that, but Grawm 2 and the other game s just havent got it, Graw was almost there.

The best game for me would be Cryiss maps and graphics Cod 4 players and Graw gameplay. there you guys already have the info there just implement it.

Crysis plays like poo. The gameplay is lame! CoD4 have beautifully created maps and the visuals are fantastic. S/P rocks and I never play s/p on a game more than once, if I finish it at all. GR and CoD4 are the two exceptions.

GRAW2's gameplay is fantastic. If GRIN patches the game the right way and fixes the G/L's and the Sniper rifles (Activision got those two right BTW) then GRAW2 should see a people coming back to it in droves. GRIN should have m/p'd all the SP maps as well. It took Vhladd a couple of weeks to do that and he had to learn how to do that from scratch. IMHO that was one of the worst oversights ever from a dev group. The hard work was done..........

Crysis plays like poo. The gameplay is lame! CoD4 have beautifully created maps and the visuals are fantastic. S/P rocks and I never play s/p on a game more than once, if I finish it at all. GR and CoD4 are the two exceptions.

GRAW2's gameplay is fantastic. If GRIN patches the game the right way and fixes the G/L's and the Sniper rifles (Activision got those two right BTW) then GRAW2 should see a people coming back to it in droves. GRIN should have m/p'd all the SP maps as well. It took Vhladd a couple of weeks to do that and he had to learn how to do that from scratch. IMHO that was one of the worst oversights ever from a dev group. The hard work was done..........

Yeah Crysis Gameplay is poor its the Graphics and physics that are impressive, play it then look at Cod4 it makes the well done maps from them look poor graphicly(poor spelling i know), but thats all i would take from crysis.

Cod 4 yeah they have made some good small maps and it suits Cod but for me they missed a great oportunity to pull in us Gr players, its just to easy for everyone, no real skill. I feel myself disliking it every day and im quite good at it.

Graw 2 and Graw 1 i dont think we can agree on i liked Graw 1 better, i think Graw 2 was a complete let down, they should of just updated 1 and if they had thought like Cod guys they should of made a mode to suit the run and gunners, which would of made the game appealing to the masses but still kept the original format we then could of converted them. :)

The problem is that when any player plays COD, CRYSIS or any game like that they all can be quite good as it doeant really take much as the more you play the more points you get so everyone is a winner,even when you lose you win??, with Graw and Gr you had to be good and playing made you better or sharper and any noobs coming on would get owned from the start and most could not take it so moved on to a more Cod type game. :), thats what i thinks anyways.

Check out Blackfoot Studios for a breath of fresh air. Their first game is expected around next holiday season.

for all us Europeans what time frame is that? Christmas 2007? 2008? ;)

Christmas 2008. But if you join the forums now you can get an insight into the making of a game on a much earlier stage than you will anywhere else. To top that off, you can communicate directly with the developers and if you come up with a clever idea they could even include it in the game. :)

Respectfully

krise madsen

Check out Blackfoot Studios for a breath of fresh air. Their first game is expected around next holiday season.

for all us Europeans what time frame is that? Christmas 2007? 2008? ;)

Christmas 2008. But if you join the forums now you can get an insight into the making of a game on a much earlier stage than you will anywhere else. To top that off, you can communicate directly with the developers and if you come up with a clever idea they could even include it in the game. :)

Respectfully

krise madsen

Hehe I'm already on it...... but I'm such a forumjunkie that I cannot read everything :rofl:

Now I've moved to COD4... I'm not really that impressed. Yes, as others have said, it's pretty to look at. But again as others have said it has it's flaws. I probably won't continue to play COD4 purely because of the nature of the game (non tactical) but it's ok to play just for short term.

COD4 can be the gheyest non-tactical game ever (Full room, infinite respawns, no hardcore mode), or a very tactical, heart pounding experience that Ghost Recon players would really enjoy....Search & Destroy (no re-spawns) Hardcore mode (hit damage...similar to GRAW...Headshots kill, bullets actually do serious damage), with an actual objective. It all depends on what servers you choose. Just seek out the hardcore servers. The standard non hardcore servers just take too many damn hits to kill someone.

COD4 can be the gheyest non-tactical game ever (Full room, infinite respawns, no hardcore mode), or a very tactical, heart pounding experience that Ghost Recon players would really enjoy....Search & Destroy (no re-spawns) Hardcore mode (hit damage...similar to GRAW...Headshots kill, bullets actually do serious damage), with an actual objective. It all depends on what servers you choose. Just seek out the hardcore servers. The standard non hardcore servers just take too many damn hits to kill someone.

KFORF have our own server and we have it set up for hardcore mode. Up until recently we played TDM, but that still turns out to be mayhem. S&D is alot more tactical so I guess that may be the way forward (for me anyways).

Edited by Gaz

KFORF have our own server and we have it set up for hardcore mode. Up until recently we played TDM, but that still turns out to be mayhem. S&D is alot more tactical so I guess that may be the way forward (for me anyways).

Is this the COD4 forum ? Hmmmm

Is this the COD4 forum? Hmmmm

No, was responding to a post in this thread...maybe the poster hasn't tried hardcore mode yet. Don't be sore. 0:)

i know this off topic but the i think you mispelled the topic name, i am pretty sure it is Deja vu, but i am only in french 4 so i could be wrong, as to the whole GRAW2 is dead, it is dead for me and has been completely buried now that CoD4 is out, sure that game isn't as tactical, but it is fun for me and lots of people play it.

i know this off topic but the i think you mispelled the topic name, i am pretty sure it is Deja vu...

Oops, you're right. "DEJA VU". Apologies for my appalling Francais :blush:

@ Viiiper, yes it is a GRAW forum, but that shouldn't preclude anything else from the discussion, especially when it's something that's being compared to GRAW.

Yep, i'm beginning to think that UBI would be happy to just forget the PC players. To me, if they did....that's fine with me. They haven't really delivered in a LONG time. I'll be playing COD4 (so run'n'gun i hate it) while I wait for GroundBranch to come out. My hope is that COD4 and Crysis will do one of two things: All the regular gamers who play will get bored of the doom-like gameplay and GroundBranch will be a breath of fresh air, or: They will get used to doom-play so much that they won't know how to play Groundbranch.

Haha, I just read a thread on the Vegas forum talking about leaving UBI for Infinity Ward. One guy said in COD you can throw your grenade back at the enemy! I wish I could throw my Graw2 back! lol

Edited by durka-durka