Ghost Recon.net Forums

First go to c:/... local/English/units/beings folder and open u-teanmates.xlm and edit

<var name="god_mode" value="false"/> to <var name="god_mode" value="true"/> there are only 3.

then go to c:/...local/English/lib/managers/xml and add <var name="god_mode" value="true"/> under

<!-- XDEFINE KITS FOR ALL CAMPAIGN CHARACTERS -->

the first one is Mitchell

<var name="cue_spotted" value="spot_mitchell"/>

<var name="has_explosive" value="1"/>

<var name="bomb_planting_time" value="3"/>

add this -----> <var name="god_mode" value="true"/>

and have infinite ammo and health.

• 1 month later...

Yes, it works just as advertised.

Alternately, if you don't want full invincibility, but you want a more balanced experience, you might try editing the same files, looking for the following line:

<stats block="damage_data">

Change the value on these lines to something you feel gives a better survivability (120 or so?):

<var name="damage_points" value="24"/>

<var name="damage_points_max" value="24"/>

There is no ui_player.xml as there was in GRAW 1, so I'm not exactly sure where to do this same edit for Mitchell.

I think the ability of the enemy hombres to pick off highly trained SF troops is unrealistic. I don't have the time or inclination to try to edit the overall AI (though I know there is extensive discussion here on how to do that), but given the limitations of the computer AI upon which your teammates depend, giving them more hit points or even god mode isn't so sinful. :rocky:

I think the ability of the enemy hombres to pick off highly trained SF troops is unrealistic. I don't have the time or inclination to try to edit the overall AI (though I know there is extensive discussion here on how to do that), but given the limitations of the computer AI upon which your teammates depend, giving them more hit points or even god mode isn't so sinful.

\sb_templates\global\sb_global.xml

First go to c:/... local/English/units/beings folder and open u-teanmates.xlm and edit

<var name="god_mode" value="false"/> to <var name="god_mode" value="true"/> there are only 3.

then go to c:/...local/English/lib/managers/xml and add <var name="god_mode" value="true"/> under

<!-- XDEFINE KITS FOR ALL CAMPAIGN CHARACTERS -->

the first one is Mitchell

<var name="cue_spotted" value="spot_mitchell"/>

<var name="has_explosive" value="1"/>

<var name="bomb_planting_time" value="3"/>

add this -----> <var name="god_mode" value="true"/>

and have infinite ammo and health.

Hey Guys,

Just got into this game a few weeks ago, and I'm trying to get the "God Mode" going..... BUT, when I go to Program Files, and into ubisoft, there aren't ANY files in my LOCAL folder??? What do I do?

Thanks for any help.

Mike

Any "Idiot Proof" Guides you could provide?

That is the "idiot proof" guide. If you read though the topic you'll notice descriptions and multiple ways to doing this. It works the same in Vista as in XP.

I'd do it like this...

I copied the patch.bundle into the bundler folder, created a folder named data in there and ...

Go to Start -> run -> find the bundler exe and select it and press ok -> add "extract -r patch.bundle data data" after the last " and press enter.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

God Mode ?

TSK TSK.

Whatever next ?

If you have to use god mode as a player, then you shouldnt be playing the game, simple as !

Developers....YES......as they need to see what happens in real time without getting killed, but players ......?

Trust yourself and have patience !

You don't need god mode.......lol.

You want proof ?

Ask Alpha Squad, Phoenix Soldiers (PXS) or any of the good groups that would squirm at the mention of "cheats".

CJ

Agree, afterr having "cheated" in a few games, incl. Oblivion, I soon find I stop playing...recently started playing Oblivion again, with no cheats this time and am enjoying it much more.

Agree thatit's necessary for testing, but for "normal" play, cheating only destroys the game.

Dav

• 1 year later...

I've read a few posts about how difficult this game is, and as i would consider myself a Casual gamer (i have a job where i work very long hours and unwind with a few games)

But, i have never played such a frustrating and difficult game. how can one enjoy it!

now i have played GR since the very first one, and still love it, but sadly, if no one can help with a cheat so that i could enjoy playing rather than getting more wound up then it shall be uninstalled!

surely there must be a god mode??

any help?

cheers

• 3 months later...

Hi Tom,

What they are talking about here is changing some xml files so that you cannot be killed while playing. Although I haven't read this whole thread I believe they are talking about doing this for the campaign (single player, or sp). It is pretty easy to do once you know how. I have a seperate file that I use to do beta testing for the new coop maps that JohnTC02 makes. The settings in that file make me invulnerable. It is very valuable when testing a new map. I don't have to waste time dying and respawning and can turn my attention to other aspects of the map when I don't have to worry about getting killed. After testing a map like this I will then turn off the "GodMode" and play the game for real to test out how difficult the combat is. So it is an excellent tool for being able to quickly test a mission.

These settings would be flagged as a cheat, however, if I would try and use them in multiplayer. I do not believe that any of the players here would be referring to "cheating" as using a hack against other players in a multi-player environment. They are likely referring to making adjustments to their files to give them an advantage over AI in the campaign and single-player coop styles of play. For a new player who has just bought the game, having an advantage over the AI can turn a frustrating game into an enjoyable one. After they have gotten used to the game and become more skilled they will usually turn off the cheats and play for "real", LOL!

Cheers,

Rahn

Edited by rahnman

Thanks Rahn, your explaination is very clear and makes a lot of sense, expecially when you do so much beta testing. This mod on some of the newer sp games all you experts have generated would make my playing them easier. I think I would rather beat the sp games without it though, they are very hard to beat, but challenging and I'll just keep on trying.

Thanks

Tom1935

• 5 months later...

All I can say is WHY ???????

If people need to use god mode in this game then they shouldnt really be playing it as thats what its NOT about !

Try playing Ghost Recon first and then you will find GRAW 2 easy is my advice.