Ghost Recon.net Forums

Make ALL Hidden enemy invunerable

Hi all, long time no see,

well i got this little problem, though i think it could be made easy somehow :-)

How can you make sure that any hidden enemy is made Invunerable at startup, and when made visible, they are vunerable? without much strain on the processor?

ty

(i need to edit 700+ missions this way hehe)

Edited by kukomamasan

Turning invincibility on or off are responses.

Invincibility on actor; team; platoon; or company

Invincibility off actor; team; platoon; or company

Probably a good idea as shooting at their shadow and killing them when they are hidden crashes the game.

I have never run into this but am aware it can happen.

Are you using 'hide thing' and 'show thing'?

Turning invincibility on or off are responses.

Invincibility on actor; team; platoon; or company

Invincibility off actor; team; platoon; or company

Probably a good idea as shooting at their shadow and killing them when they are hidden crashes the game.

I have never run into this but am aware it can happen.

Are you using 'hide thing' and 'show thing'?

Well i run into alot of shadows in my days, i i found a way to deal with it :-)

here is how it looks

Group: <Default>

Comment:

Trigger Event:

The simulation is starting.

Responses:

Set Enemy Actor to Enemy Actor.

Comment:

Trigger Event:

1 second(s) elapsed.

Responses:

Use Find hidden ppl to loop over all actors in Enemy Company after this block.

Group: Find hidden ppl

Comment:

Find hidden ppl

Trigger Event:

An actor loop is ready to process Enemy Actor.

Responses:

Allow this block to be reactivated.

Continue executing responses if (Enemy Actor is currently hidden).

Make Enemy Actor invincible.

Increment Number of enemy hidden.

Display ("Number of hidden enemy is : " + ((The value of Number of enemy hidden) as text)) to all players for 3 second(s).

though i have to continue running above loop, if enemy should be made hidden later in the game.

also i have to make an loop to make enemy vunerable when made visible again, that is gonna take some cpu power i think, any clever stuff to only apply a loop when enemy is made visible, instead of continuing checking the whole company every second?

Well i have done 500+ missions so far, im a quick scripter yes?

no, i cheated hehe, i used a macro program, to recored everything i did :-) so all it took was >1 min per mission to add this code to the script :-)

Comment:

Trigger Event:

The simulation is starting.

Responses:

Set !fix to !fix.

Comment:

Trigger Event:

5 second(s) elapsed.

Responses:

Use ! to loop over all actors in Enemy Company after this block.

Use !! to loop over all actors in Enemy Company after this block.

Group: !

Comment:

Trigger Event:

An actor loop is ready to process !fix.

Responses:

Continue executing responses if (!fix is currently hidden).

Make !fix invincible.

Group: !!

Comment:

Trigger Event:

An actor loop is ready to process !fix.

Responses:

Continue executing responses if (!fix is currently shown).

Make !fix vulnerable. (NOTE: I wish i could make this loop, only occure when the is a different in enemy amount in the hidden section)

So, im almost where i wanna be, though i have no way knowing if above would be to much for the cpu, mine C2D E6700 @ 3500 Mhz uses only about 30% when running GR :-)

Also, there must be a way, to check for numbers of hidden enemy, and when that number decreases, then run script Block !!, since that would ease up on the cpu i think?(Also what if hidden enemies increases?, also, what if a team of shown enemy dies within the 5 sec check?, and script has it would unhide a team of 6 hidden enemies?)) what do you think, you know a way to do just that check? plz tell me.

TY

Edited by kukomamasan

Ok above dident went so well, Enemy has to be visible to be made invunerable, oh well

i add to the script unhide actor , invincibleonactor, hide actor, it seem to work way better than before hehe

since now the shadows are invincible + the shadows is all gone (unhide+hide made the trix i guess), but game still crash if shoot at a shadows previous location when vunerable.

wrong - you can enable both at startup.

invincible and invisible.

Hi Lightspeed.

I dont quite see where im wrong? i do add both at startup(or other did), i just add that after a few seconds make sure that hidden enemies is invincible, so no crash occure when shooting at them, but above seem to remove all shadows entirely w00t , Though in my testing, it appear that even if i made shadows dissapear, it would still crash a game if shooting at at shadows previous location, if he is not invincible ? that dont compute well here, since then there should be much more crasches around?

2 ways i would use:

1. At the startup, make them invincible, then invisible and then hide them too. When needed, unhide then first, then make visible, then make vulnerable.

If you try to hide them before trying to add invincible or invisible you will crash. So hide enemy last.

When showing enemy, unhide them first, or else possible crash again.

2. If possible, try to find a place off the map to store your enemy. When needed teleport them to a zone or effect.

Shadows are not often seen for the person hosting the server, but are more commonly seen by other`s in the server.

Dedicated servers create lot`s of shadows, meathod 2 would be better for this.

You will only crash if you shoot a shadow that is not invincible.

Remember you cannot make a vehicle invincible, and a single stray bullet could hit a hidden vehicle and crash.

Good luck

:)

2 ways i would use:

1. At the startup, make them invincible, then invisible and then hide them too. When needed, unhide then first, then make visible, then make vulnerable.

If you try to hide them before trying to add invincible or invisible you will crash. So hide enemy last.

When showing enemy, unhide them first, or else possible crash again.

2. If possible, try to find a place off the map to store your enemy. When needed teleport them to a zone or effect.

Shadows are not often seen for the person hosting the server, but are more commonly seen by other`s in the server.

Dedicated servers create lot`s of shadows, meathod 2 would be better for this.

You will only crash if you shoot a shadow that is not invincible.

Remember you cannot make a vehicle invincible, and a single stray bullet could hit a hidden vehicle and crash.

Good luck

:)

Hi Thinker.

well all you write is so right, and i follow them always normally :) , but remember i need to edit 700+ Missions, it would take me month to do it the proper way, so i came up with this to counter month of editing,

and as you know i use a macro program, that records my mouse and keys, all i need to do is playback the macro, and it writes all this script for me, speed is about 3 missions script edited in 1 min(i even got a video, of me the fastest scripter in the world w00t )(FTP Server at 85.81.24.178 open 24 hours ONLY), so only took 2 days to edit them all(disabled fix on missions without any hidden enemy, so i went through every mission and double checked)

And btw when i tried my first fix(invicible on an hidden actor), game dident crash until some shoot a shadow

But any insight in what could make game crash when no shadows are visible, when not invunerable? Maybe i need to test this further, because if it was a fluke, i could make this fix so much easier

Im also known as Miracle-ecp here and in ubi

Edited by kukomamasan
  • 12 years later...
Posted (edited)
On 10/11/2007 at 22:16, Tinker said:

:blink: ........... :hehe:

Wish i could remember who it was for, and still have them :-(, but i made all the shadow crash fix.

I remember the day he asked me, he was tired of all the shadow crash, he had some missions that did that, i was like always ready to help,so i wrote i can help out, since i did that with my missions(miracles 7 missions), he was like oh sure, u can do 700+, i was (in my head laughing 700+), 1 sec later i thought it can be done with macro, so i boldly said, YES send it to me it will be done in a week (done in 2 days). hmm, i never recived a thx, either it was a failure or ?, naa i know i was good 🙂

I was not the one who found the fix, but i sure was the one that made a fix for it.

Edited by kukomamasan
update
  • Like 1