Which in MP do you find more realistic?

ROCO*AFZ*

• 2 weeks later...

Its really not a one word answer.

Standard. GRAW2

GRAW2 TDM or COD4 S&D Hardcore.....its a toss up. The objective makes the game more tactical I feel. Plus it draws the players in.

If you want to talk simple realism....hmmmm.....collision issues, non customizable kits, no climbing, 1 frag?, all soldiers wearing the exact same uniform, no gun sway, quick shoulder sniper rifles, non cookable grenades and sub-par netcode interfere with GRAW2 being more realistic, although it should be.

GRAW2 could really use a nice tactical, objective based adversarial gametype that is a no-respawn gametype. AvsR is nice, but the respawns, and the pre-determined kits are what makes it fall short. Something like a HH is nice, but the fact that you have to stay in the capture zone takes away from it being really great.

In the military ... how much do you get to determine your loadout.. or do you get a standard issue for a rifleman, sniper, and such? (I'm not in it but and is why i ask) Maybe Graw 2 is a little more realistic there, maybe not.

COD4... still has bunny hopping. (especially peeps jumping behind boxes to do snap shots) Perks... lol like marter ( I get killed about 5 out of 10 times by someone i have just killed by this) If you don't know what marter is... when you kill someone (and i mean actually kill unlike the pistol where you have to re-kill them) They drop a majic nade, and if you can't run for your life fast enough, you are dead.

COD 4 has one throw of nades... throw hard and far... impossible to short lob

COD 4 my weapons are stuck in one firing position. I can't choose single fire with an m4 for example. I am also forced to autoreload... although i can do a tactical one before it runs out.

I'm pretty decent at COD 4, but i feel like i'm playing counter strike/ quake with ranks

Plant the bomb, small maps, bunny hoppers (although not as effective as in CS)

(in COD 4 also your kits are pre dermined until you gain rank)

Oh and COD 4 only has one frag also... unless you get the frag x3 perk.

I also got stuck buying the special edition because best buy did not have the regular. I feel this is a 29.99 game, not a 59.00 game after playing it.

The weapon handling of GRAW 2 is more realistic to me although it could improve with a slower shoulder on a sniper (btw COD's is just as fast. just not as accurate... unless you have an m21 with an acog) and the periphial blurr is cool in COD4.

The maps are big, and yes someone buggy with trees for example, but way better then GR1's crator and edge glitches. COD 4 fixes this by allowing you to shoot through anything with a perk lol.

GRAW2 has Gridded tactical maps, which promote discussion between clanmates, and pinpointing of enemies. Most COD4 games are so loud, your lucky if you catch one word of your teammate, and comms are quiet... most just end up lone wolfing it. When we do get a word in, it's nothing to do with tactics or positioning.

The sound is SO much better and more real in GRAW2 although footsteps are just a small bit to loud. In COD4 i cannot determine the direction of anyone... it gets me so mad. and there is a perk that you will not make any noise at all.

And now is the reason i asked this

if GRAW2 is so much more realistic...

Why aren't you playing it, instead of arcade like games?

Everyone here preaches realism over and over...

but yet few ladders were created and very little hype by UBI on the title.

You say people... well if you played it... and i played it, and more played it, there would be people.

I guess i'm just a dying breed, leftover from DFLW and GR1 days.

This is a nice friendly debate of two opposing fronts, even though we are on the same squad :P . Shows that opposite opinions don't necessarily have to end up in a flame war. Granted we can just yap about this on Ventrillo, but for some fans of both sides...its a nice point counterpoint.

I also got stuck buying the special edition because best buy did not have the regular. I feel this is a 29.99 game, not a 59.00 game after playing it.

:) If you feel COD4 is worth 29.99 and you are entitled to that feeling...realize that the "expansion pack" known as GRAW2 should have been $19.99 with its 8 MP maps, bugs and reduced features.

COD 4 has one throw of nades... throw hard and far... impossible to short lob

Your right, and this is weak, there should be a toss sensitivity

COD4 my weapons are stuck on one position. I can't choose single fire with an m4 for example

Again your right, and this is weak. Hopefully it is addressed in a future patch.

quote name='ROCO*AFZ*' date='Nov 19 2007, 04:19 PM' post='503407']in COD 4 also your kits are pre dermined until you gain rank

Edited by Cell*AFZ*

You compared COD4 to Counterstrike and, well... Yeah. Action games with a realistic stylization. COD4 is not a tactical shooter, or a sim, or anything of the sort.

It's an action game that's stylized after modern military conflict. This would be like comparing a documentary about police action to swat and asking which was more accurate.

No kidding, really, COD4 is not a realistic game. It's better than graw, pretty undeniably, but an entirely different type of game.

• 2 weeks later...

It's just sad to see how quick GRAW 2 went downhill, yet i still enjoy playing the repeatative co-op missions and siege games all the time, there are some great players out there, who keep the game real and not mess it up.

IMO, i like the feel of the weapons in GRAW 2 better than COD 4 and the sounds i.e footsteps etc..

I mean, it feels to me in COD 4 it takes like 20 bulletes to actually take you down.

where as GRAW 2 only a couple of shots are needed to take you down. That clearly speaks for itself.

However, I really like the SP mode better in COD 4 than GRAW 2 at the mo' .

I mean, it feels to me in COD 4 it takes like 20 bulletes to actually take you down.

where as GRAW 2 only a couple of shots are needed to take you down. That clearly speaks for itself.

Precisely the opposite is why I quit GRAW 2 and like cod 4.

In Graw 2 it took two or three centre body mass burst to drop an opponent where as COD4 is one shot kill in Hardcore mode.

I like alot of things in GRAW 2, but I just couldnt get past the run and gun favoring multiple hit system.

If you havent tried hardcore mode yet squad_e, its a must. Its still too fast movement speed wise, but run and gunners drop like flies to those who play smart.