TuG Team London - COD4 Servers

Beaver

For those of you who already have the game - I have a couple of test servers up & running on our dedicated box in London.

I'm attending i32 LAN in Newbury UK this weekend & picking up COD4 there and will be doing some testing of the server settings etc over the next 5 days or so.

Please check out the servers & see if you can join them, etc.

Details:

#1 - TuG Team [London] - Ranked - IP: 193.93.46.63:28960

#2 - TuG Team [London] - Snipers Revenge - IP: 193.93.46.64:28960

Please leave some feedback on the TuG Team forums if needed. Thanks.

Played a few rounds there.

The server would show at times then other times not show.

Thanks for the feedback - I was monitoring last night for a few hours and both servers managed to get up to 10 or more players.

The server browser I believe has a couple of bugs I believe which sometimes shows the servers offline, even though they are alive.

:)

If you timeout in cod4, open the console ---> ~

Then type: /reconnect

If you sense that you are about to timeout while joining a room, you can go ahead and type that command, and it should get you right in. Don't be afraid to give it 2-4 tries. Sometimes it takes a few to get in.

We are in the process of dicussing which way to go with the servers

63 at the end will be unlimted deaths all weaopons all maps and prob 3 gametypes.

64 at the end will be limited deaths say 3, hardcore mode, gametypes tbc

meeting this thursday to see which way we go.

Edited by JJUK

We'll probably end up with 3 to 4 servers covering all bases. Just need to figure out the massive configs - more of which I'll post about in a seperate thread. :D

Now that IW seems to be fixing the Master Server issues, people can actually get a chance to play and find out what its all about.

Obviously the gameplay with unlimited respawns is alot faster than GR/GR:AW, but I believe the majority of people in clans who will be playing COD4 competitavely somewhere like TWL, will be playing a slower, more tactical game.

For example, the Sabotage game-mode rocks on unlimited respawns/hardcore with a full 32 players for sheer fun & in your face pwnage, but slow it down with 1 or 2 respawns - drop the players per side to say 8v8 and it becomes a whole different tactical beast.

I read somewhere on a forum recently someone described cod4 as "...a cross between cod1/2 & ghost recon:advanced warfighter", which I think is pretty fair.

Edit: forgot to post that if you want to check your/any cod4 server is being picked up by the master servers correctly, then head over to:

http://stats.callofduty.com

enter your server IP & see what you get. :)

Edited by Beaver

Ask for the IP... hit the ~ , bring up the console and type connect xxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx

Where xxx is the ip address

Like this?

connect 193.93.46.63:28960

Cause I can't connect at all.... :o

Edit > server must be down, I connected to sparta using the above format first time.

Edited by Rocky

We'll probably end up with 3 to 4 servers covering all bases. Just need to figure out the massive configs - more of which I'll post about in a seperate thread. :D

Now that IW seems to be fixing the Master Server issues, people can actually get a chance to play and find out what its all about.

Obviously the gameplay with unlimited respawns is alot faster than GR/GR:AW, but I believe the majority of people in clans who will be playing COD4 competitavely somewhere like TWL, will be playing a slower, more tactical game.

For example, the Sabotage game-mode rocks on unlimited respawns/hardcore with a full 32 players for sheer fun & in your face pwnage, but slow it down with 1 or 2 respawns - drop the players per side to say 8v8 and it becomes a whole different tactical beast.

I read somewhere on a forum recently someone described cod4 as "...a cross between cod1/2 & ghost recon:advanced warfighter", which I think is pretty fair.

Edit: forgot to post that if you want to check your/any cod4 server is being picked up by the master servers correctly, then head over to:

http://stats.callofduty.com

enter your server IP & see what you get. :)

Have you seen the rules that clanbase put up.....lol

I hope my clan decides not to match on clanbase because the way they didn't handle GRAW, but I'll see.

I hope TWL or PGL will put up a good ladder, perhaps maybe even a GR-fan only, though some GR clans seem to pick up the bunnyhopping very fast....lol