Ghost Recon.net Forums

MP - whaddya think?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is my change rate of fire? M4 gets 3 round burst only?

Running animations also aren't that good... they kinda look like they have a stutter step.

Also... with perks and challenges... there is not enough time to set them up. you get like 5 seconds.

Being an unreal engine (or like at least if it isn't) there is something with the fov that makes it flat and washed out color wise. It takes away from the immerson.

If your looking for single shot, I havent seen it yet, but you will unlock fully auto rifles as you level up.

As you unlock perks, you can set up custom loadout after you leave the game...gives you time to look through what you've unlocked.

FOV is increasable up to 80 from the stock 65. console /cg_fov 80

What exactly do you guys mean by lose rank? How does that work?

I really doubt they will add a walk feature or a rate of fire feature either. None of the CoD games have had a walks speed aside from when looking down sights. The original CoD did have the ability to change rate of fire, but they took it out for CoD2. I don't think they'll put it back in unless people start begging or whining enough. Remember, it's not Ghost Recon nor will it ever be.

Edit: Roco, are you sure it's not that you're using the M16A4? That, and the AK47, are the only two ARs available at the beginning. The M16 has burst, but I'm sure the M4 has full auto.

Edited by GrimeyAK

What exactly do you guys mean by lose rank? How does that work?

I really doubt they will add a walk feature or a rate of fire feature either. None of the CoD games have had a walks speed aside from when looking down sights. The original CoD did have the ability to change rate of fire, but they took it out for CoD2. I don't think they'll put it back in unless people start begging or whining enough. Remember, it's not Ghost Recon nor will it ever be.

Edit: Roco, are you sure it's not that you're using the M16A4? That, and the AK47, are the only two ARs available at the beginning. The M16 has burst, but I'm sure the M4 has full auto.

I want my "Grin" back lol!

I picked up an m4 in a battle. I'm pretty sure it was 3 round (not positive though) and it was quieter.

I just had unlocked the m21 last night which is the semi sniper. You can fire it faster then some of the rifles and at least then i get single shot.

I'm wondering why they took out the single shot or selectable. I'm even more surprized the community did not complain.

There is one feature i do like though. IP support. and xfire support, althuogh with the rate the master browser has been down... it definately needs it.

Strangely enough, I don't really care about unlocking the other weapons. I notice that other players change to the new guns as soon as they unlock them...as if they're better or something. I'll stick with my trusty M16A4. I just unlocked the suppressor, and I'm fairly close to unlocking the ACOG for it. If I remember right, I'm at M16 Expert Phase 3.

One thing that was strange was that only one attachment can be used at a time, but I guess it's done for balancing. Do you guys think I should keep the suppressor or switch to the ACOG when I unlock it?

Suppressor:

+Cannot be seen on mini-map when shooting

+Harder to hear where shots are coming from

-Long range shots are limited with the iron-sights

ACOG:

+Better accuracy at long ranges

-Enemies have a better chance at finding your position (not a problem really)

How are the perks cheats? Everyone has them, and they add a lot of depth and reasonable chaos to the combat. You don't get to just fight by formula, you have to be able to improvise and think quickly.

Is there modding on SP? :unsure:

If there is, could you guys give links?

The only time in COD history that I've read about modding is on the MP side.

Maybe I don't read much COD. :ermm: ...so if you guys got something juicy pls post link

How are the perks cheats? Everyone has them, and they add a lot of depth and reasonable chaos to the combat. You don't get to just fight by formula, you have to be able to improvise and think quickly.

Reasonable? how is it fair for someone who has steady aim (might as well be a ret tighterner from GR1) , Juggernaut (increased body armor), 3 Frags, and a scoped m60 that since you have steady aim can fire automatically like a sniper against a guy that has been playing 2 days, has none of the above and a m16 or mp5?

Oh and there is a perk for explosives to make them hit harder.

That my friend is cheating, not a skill. Skill would be m16 against m16, or m60 against m60

Other perks are increased stamina so you can run longer... and hearing the opposing teams comms?

and my personal favorite...

When killed you get an extra 5 seconds while your dieing to waste no only your killer but anyone around you with a silenced pistol.

Explain how that isn't a cheat to someone who doesn't have perks yet?

You might as well used the nano suit from crysis. How is this even close to any realism?

I'm starting to appreciate Grin more now.

Oh and not everyone has them. Peep new to the game do not... How disappointing for them.

I'm sorry but this gets me angry about this game.

Explain how that isn't a cheat to someone who doesn't have perks yet?

You start out with perks. Pretty awesome ones.

The entire game is balanced, at least for the first 18 levels, I played a ton of it in the beta.

Realistic? No. Fun, interesting, compelling, and tactical? For sure.

Some people are harder to kill some shots are lucky and penetrate in unpredictable ways, sometimes enemies are stubborn about dying... Yeah, it's not exactly realistic the way it's implemented. But perks = a ton of increased tactical concerns, and a huge extra layer of depth and fun to the game, if you quit whining enough to actually experiment with them.

Maybe it's a good idea to set up some locked servers with the password to be found here, so we get decent tactical players in and not bunnyhoppers.

When I get my game today I will install, and see if I can put up a server on my second PC, but first I have to sort out my internet connection, it is out of order....

Maybe it's a good idea to set up some locked servers with the password to be found here, so we get decent tactical players in and not bunnyhoppers.

When I get my game today I will install, and see if I can put up a server on my second PC, but first I have to sort out my internet connection, it is out of order....

Sounds like a very good idea. Count me in. I propably gona buy the game on my way back home from work.

I have had the game COD 4 acouple of days now ... The dedi server configs can can be configured to set virtualy any setting in the game .. one setting i like is the .....

set scr_war_numlives 0

This setting relates to the number of lives .in other game types it is set to 1 or 2 etc In one server i played on there were no respawns :D . Most the servers of COD 4 are playing in default mode which i think is total s.hite! shoot die respawn shoot die respawn get the picture lol . This game is awsome in single player .. and with the server configs set correct it will be the same in multiplayer . rcon passwords can be set as well as game passwords etc etc

By the way Forrester the settings im reffering to cant be done the way you are thinking by just setting up a game on another pc .. the server has to be run in dedi mode and you have to put in a config you have tailored to what you want .. and not through the game itself .. i

Edited by Blue UK

Played domination last night. Game was somewhat better but...

NO large tactical map to show you where the flags are... instead you rely on your hud and circling till the flag is in front of you.

No way to tell your teammate enemy in a4 or such... only thing you do is run from one flag to another over and over if a claymore isn't sitting on it to blow you up.

Also i hate the implementation of the helicopter. Air strikes i can handle but an AI helicopter controlled by a player that got so many kills? (it's also in TDM) It's minigun will wipe you.

BLUE UK... did you get the dedicated to actually read a script?

Mine says it can't read mpserver.cfg which is the name of the config i tried... then it goes to default.

The choppers are fairly easy to handle IMO. Just take cover, and start shooting it. Eventually it will go down from small arms fire. I usually keep the 2xRPG perk handy in case I need to use it. Try to get other players to help you take down the chopper.

In the other side of things, having close air support is good. Especially when you need to keep enemies at bay while completing an objective.

I played my first DM last night.. and won :) the 1v1 game-type.. and it wasn't bad, I can see playing against a friend like that, and understand now, how the whole TvT game, with like minded players can be tactical.

The game is what you make it, respect & enjoy it for what it is, not what it isn't

:cheers:

edited to ad, that last mission, the plane, is everything that the R6 747 mission was for me way back when, damn talk about a rush.. :)

That's good to hear. I can't wait to play the plane mission. I'm still on the sniper mission where you play as Captain Price 15 years before. I'm stuck right now at the part where you're waiting for extraction and enemies get dropped in by helo. I keep getting swamped, even with the G3 for short range firefights...Oh well, I'll get it eventually.

I'm stuck right now at the part where you're waiting for extraction and enemies get dropped in by helo.

That was good fun, for whatever reason I had dropped my M21 >_< earlier in the mission, what a mistake, thankfully I found an SVD that saved my bacon..ran out and switched to teh G3, but that mission almost made me sweat.. :thumbsup:

this game duznt try to be realistic - it has to stick to its roots which is a Call of Duty style of MP. having said that they have still toned down a lot of the negatives about COD. you can jump but its certainly not the kangaroo hop of old.

the perks arent a cheat - they enhance the gameplay and allow players some customization. as do the unlocking. they dont mkae you superheroes - but they give you more options.

the most important thing with COD are the beautiful maps and the server configurations which can be implemented.

play classic bunny hop run n gun if u wish, or pull it right back to a hardcore no respawn mode. free for all, team deathmatch or objective based.

its all there, its all good, and its all fun.

finally, its smooth gameplay despite the advanced graffix and the servers are lagfree.

someothing for everyone imo.

oh yeh - and 16 maps on release.

Edited by SCE_Lightspeed

Played domination last night. Game was somewhat better but...

NO large tactical map to show you where the flags are... instead you rely on your hud and circling till the flag is in front of you.

No way to tell your teammate enemy in a4 or such... only thing you do is run from one flag to another over and over if a claymore isn't sitting on it to blow you up.

Also i hate the implementation of the helicopter. Air strikes i can handle but an AI helicopter controlled by a player that got so many kills? (it's also in TDM) It's minigun will wipe you.

BLUE UK... did you get the dedicated to actually read a script?

Mine says it can't read mpserver.cfg which is the name of the config i tried... then it goes to default.

I enjoyed the games last night myself. You can tell AFZ was playing like a team.

I'm still learning the game myself, but I think you can shoot the claymores, before you move into capture the flag.

What problems are you having with your server? PM me if you would like any help.

this game duznt try to be realistic - it has to stick to its roots which is a Call of Duty style of MP.

Yeah. Basically, for an awful analogy:

Operation Flashpoint is a training video. Deep, interesting, and completely boring and dry.

Ghost Recon is a documentary. Compelling, potentially exciting, and incredibly accurate and realistic, but still carefully edited to be appealing.

COD4 is a war movie. Exciting, romanticized, grounded in realism enough to be compelling but not really to concerned with the specifics.

I like all three. :blush:

Kinda off topic: I heavily advise against playing the SP on vet the first time, even having played cod1/2 on veteran I found it to be totally unfair. After having beaten it on hardened, though, veteran difficulty now has a lot of depth and realism, since I know the rules of the game's combat.

this game duznt try to be realistic - it has to stick to its roots which is a Call of Duty style of MP. having said that they have still toned down a lot of the negatives about COD. you can jump but its certainly not the kangaroo hop of old.

the perks arent a cheat - they enhance the gameplay and allow players some customization. as do the unlocking. they dont mkae you superheroes - but they give you more options.

the most important thing with COD are the beautiful maps and the server configurations which can be implemented.

play classic bunny hop run n gun if u wish, or pull it right back to a hardcore no respawn mode. free for all, team deathmatch or objective based.

its all there, its all good, and its all fun.

finally, its smooth gameplay despite the advanced graffix and the servers are lagfree.

someothing for everyone imo.

oh yeh - and 16 maps on release.

Coming back to life for 5 seconds after being killed to be able to shoot your killer with a pistol before dieing perk isn't superhero like? or Jugernaut (heck that name is right out of the comics) which gives you VERY advanced armor.

I get 90fps everything maxed

In Graw 2 i got 70 (maybe 65 on a really full server) ... and 130fps with around 4 peeps on or single player everything maxed but shadows on medium as i found the mouse reacts better.

Both ran smooth for me in Vista ;)

but... i have an issue with using the number pad. Number lock has to be off in COD 4 or they don't work, (at least on my rig) and twice so far i have loaded and not had the extra buttons on my razer work besides the standard mouse buttons. I have to restart it and then they do. Never had these issues in other games, even before they were patched.

Pulaski -

-Yeah we were trying to play as much like a team as we could. Without grids, a command map and less noise though it's hard to keep everyone on the same track. That was my 1st night on domination.

For the server, when i am at home and not work i'll start up a thread of my issue... and how i set it up to see if anyone can help with what i am missing.

Coming back to life for 5 seconds after being killed to be able to shoot your killer with a pistol before dieing perk isn't superhero like? or Jugernaut (heck that name is right out of the comics) which gives you VERY advanced armor.

No, it isn't. People don't die the moment they're shot, it's not like every time someone falls over you can write them off as a threat in real life, why in game? Sure, the implementation (even headshots and everything) is unrealistic, but c'mon, it's fun and not totally out there.

And juggernaut? Never seemed too special to me. Maybe that person is particularly hyped on adrenaline, or is just lucky, or something. Never had someone who didn't go down after a three round ak burst to the upper chest/head, so I don't really think it's too excessive. I didn't even use jug, traded it out for uh... Deep impact is in the same slot, isn't it? You still die if someone gets a burst into your head, so that extra survivability to foot shots isn't exactly so helpful.

No, it isn't. People don't die the moment they're shot, it's not like every time someone falls over you can write them off as a threat in real life, why in game? Sure, the implementation (even headshots and everything) is unrealistic, but c'mon, it's fun and not totally out there.

And juggernaut? Never seemed too special to me. Maybe that person is particularly hyped on adrenaline, or is just lucky, or something. Never had someone who didn't go down after a three round ak burst to the upper chest/head, so I don't really think it's too excessive. I didn't even use jug, traded it out for uh... Deep impact is in the same slot, isn't it? You still die if someone gets a burst into your head, so that extra survivability to foot shots isn't exactly so helpful.

People don't die if you shoot them 5 times in the head? cmon now. They still get to pistol you?

Actually with some, (and i saw on kill cam they had juggernaut) I have more then bursted them only to have them turn and drop me. Doesn't seem to work for me though as it makes no difference in the amount of shots it takes to kill me. I guess i didn't get the right perk or load the right one. (and that is why it's unfair)

If perks are so fair... then why even have them? The rank and perk system only promotes individuals, who run around on the servers trying to beat there next challenge or get the most points... rather the team wins or loses in domination for example.

And the maps really don't have that much variety. Most are very small with few paths to force you into facing the enemy.