anyone tried putting mods on the SAW?

Oddball_E8

anyone tried to make a "half-way" emulation of the M249 SAW?

is it possible to add front grip and sights to the SAW in-game? maby even an M203?

http://www.gun-world.net/fn/minimi/spw-5.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/stan420/Pictures/ne...c/m249_PP03.jpg

EDIT: since i wrote this at like 2 am i forgot that there already is a front grip... but sights would be nice...

Edited by Oddball_E8

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

problem with the SAW is, it accepts optics mods (for whatever reason, as the game doesn't provide any fitting ones), but they won't line up properly because its not possible to mod away the ironsights. so the only way is making a reddot thats LOWER than the iron sights, something like a C-More or a very low mounted aimpoint. i always let my NPC sawgunner use the aimpoint, it doesn't affect his aiming and looks more tacticool. but there's another problem, sometimes he forgets to close the feed cover after a reload, which looks quite funny.

aside from that, Acog on the M14 would be cool!

Edited by SpringMan

you can put any sights on the SAW, but when you try to look through, you'll only see the rail/buttons/whatever is under it. the SAW always tries to line up the iron sights, and they're too low for all the other optics. as i said, i give them to the NPC players because they don't bother.

i'm not sure, but i think it was possible to use some sights with the SAW in GRAW1, but for some reason they only produce FUBAR in GRAW2.

Edited by SpringMan

There is only one animation set for the SAW in GRAW2, and probably in GRAW1 then. Different sight alignments require different animation sets.

yes, this could be solved with low mounted sights that use the ironsights animation. but on the other hand, these sights wouldn't be very useful with the ironsights still in the way.

this is what you get when you try to mount optical sights, in this case Snowfellas Eotech:

temp3kx7.th.jpg

it should be noted that the actual aiming point is where the nightvision button can be seen, behind the rear sight.

this is the only workaround i can think of:

temp4ys5.th.jpg

could this be realized without too much effort and with Brettzies aimpoint model?

Edited by SpringMan

Nah, won't fit mate.

And face it, even if it does fit the SAW's ironsights will still be in the way blocking your view.

The only type of sights that might have something like the right hight would be something along the lines of a Docter sight. They are low enough that they might line up.