Your views on the time its taking to do the patch?

Just was woundering what you guys think of Ubisoft and Grin taking so long to bring the new patch out?

Do you think they focus more on the console than on the PC?

Or do you think is some other reason?

On a side note: Why are Ubisoft taking so long to patch PC games in this day and age? This can and will course the game(s) to die very fast. Is this what Ubisoft rely wont the customs to think? Do they want the Customs to think that all they are interested in is the money? Or do they want everyone to move to consoles? Consoles are not for everyone. I for one will stay a PC gamer for life.

We feel like we are in the minority Ubisoft its almost like its racist to the PC gamer!

I think that if they are ever going to release a patch, it better be one hell of a patch (new maps, bugs fixed and new guns). It seems that alot of people are starting to leave for other games. COD4 is going to be out soon, and Crysis will be too. Once those are out and a few other ones, I dont think there will be too many people playing this, and any kind of patch wont help this game.

I think that if they are ever going to release a patch, it better be one hell of a patch (new maps, bugs fixed and new guns). It seems that alot of people are starting to leave for other games. COD4 is going to be out soon, and Crysis will be too. Once those are out and a few other ones, I dont think there will be too many people playing this, and any kind of patch wont help this game.

100% agreed.

-John K.

Ummm

how about we get back on topic before this thread gets locked.

I'm betting the patch has been done for at least a month (by Grin) and UBI just hasn't released it.

:thumbsup:

I have been trying to get an answer for this from peeps well above me with no luck as yet.

Will keep at it.

My view? We're taking our server down cuz the game doesn't have enuf players interested. I blame part of that on the support from GRIN.

Agreed man, thats why i unistalled it 2 weeks ago. Never will I spend another dime on an UBI title. Been there since the start and its finally over for me anyway.Just sick and tired of their ###### poor support with every title they release. Maybe we can hook up in something actually playable soon enough.

Peace out, been a slice. ;)

There seems to be a lot of people that are disheartened with what’s going on at the moment , some people say that a patch is going to happen and some say, it’s to late, goodbye.

I haven’t got a crystal ball to look into the future, but I feel if Grin/ubi releases something with merit soon, they may all come back.

If Grin/ubi decides to do no more to GRAW2, so that they can concentrate more so on other projects, well then, it’s definitely goodbye, to Grin and all of there future half finished projects.

I currently reformatted and haven't bothered installing GRAW 2 since. I've toyed with the idea just for some coop, but then I remember how poor coop was too. I'll wait until I see a change list for this patch before I decide to come back, and I know a lot of others are thinking the same thing.

IMO, they are going to need a complete overhaul of the administration, Dedicated Server, and Cooperative gametypes before any kind of turnaround can or will happen.

Of course that will never happen in a simple patch not matter how big or loaded down with extra content it is.

There are 2 things that can get me playing for a little while again and probably help the game limp along for another few months: auto-download and <b>clear separation of mods in the server browser </b>. Of course we been asking for those things since the release of GRAW2 (the latter since the GRAW1 1.35 beta but who's counting... ;) )

Oh well, I think GRIN gave it a the good 'ol college try but was limited by budget and time from UBI and not listening to the community on the technical end. With GRAW2, rather than make what they had better, they spent their money and time re-vamping the whole MP and dropped alot of good things that GRAW1 had. With that they alienated alot of their already new fans. They steadfastly refused to see the problems associated with their engine design and the "bundle" system which have only grown worse with the design changes made in GRAW2 (map bloat, restarting after after map download which will be required IF they ever deliver autodownload in this patch, restrictions, mods, maps with shared assets, etc.). Also GRAW2 has a fairly difficult editor system that isn't intuitive at all. Although admittedly if the game were more popular, then more people would deal with that aspect - but as it is most people don't think it's worth the headache. If it were much simpler and you didn't HAVE to have expensive programs to model for it, then we would see more people trying to make maps and custom content for it instead of the handful that are.

I don't know if these things were internal decisions from GRIN or lack of resources from UBI ( I have a feeling it's a combination of both) but I think there are too many issues with the current design to salvage the game at this point.

IMO, they are going to need a complete overhaul of the administration, Dedicated Server, and Cooperative gametypes before any kind of turnaround can or will happen.

Of course that will never happen in a simple patch not matter how big or loaded down with extra content it is.

There are 2 things that can get me playing for a little while again and probably help the game limp along for another few months: auto-download and <b>clear separation of mods in the server browser </b>. Of course we been asking for those things since the release of GRAW2 (the latter since the GRAW1 1.35 beta but who's counting... ;) )

Oh well, I think GRIN gave it a the good 'ol college try but was limited by budget and time from UBI and not listening to the community on the technical end. With GRAW2, rather than make what they had better, they spent their money and time re-vamping the whole MP and dropped alot of good things that GRAW1 had. With that they alienated alot of their already new fans. They steadfastly refused to see the problems associated with their engine design and the "bundle" system which have only grown worse with the design changes made in GRAW2 (map bloat, restarting after after map download which will be required IF they ever deliver autodownload in this patch, restrictions, mods, maps with shared assets, etc.). Also GRAW2 has a fairly difficult editor system that isn't intuitive at all. Although admittedly if the game were more popular, then more people would deal with that aspect - but as it is most people don't think it's worth the headache. If it were much simpler and you didn't HAVE to have expensive programs to model for it, then we would see more people trying to make maps and custom content for it instead of the handful that are.

I don't know if these things were internal decisions from GRIN or lack of resources from UBI ( I have a feeling it's a combination of both) but I think there are too many issues with the current design to salvage the game at this point.

If I may be allowed to add to your post FlimFlam.

With the editor modding tools, THAT should've been thought of from the very start of development. not an after thought. Also why couldn't Grin/UBI have really done a number and developed a sandbox editor so EVERYONE could assist in providing maps that are custom. but that could go either way.

The game engine. That's an interesting one. just because the engine uses HDR and the cross-com which wasn't anything like we were given the impression of what it would be. The engine wasn't designed for shooters. What got me was, how can sniping be called sniping when the games engine cripples the sniper? the view range for the players was some 150m respectively. Sniper shots can range longer than 800m. so in this example the game cripples us by 650m. I guess a game developer will either have to do without snipers or lower the LOD so the view distance can be achieved by all scoped weapons.

if a game developer could design a game engine that makes the players FOV like the human eye whereby items at long range appear small like your eye would see in ReaLife, then that would solve everything. clipping walls wouldn't be necessary. just allow things to fade with distance.

i knew u couldnt keep away papa hehe

seriously guys there are heaps of other games out there -

if GRAW2 is finished then play sumthin else.

if u dont like GRAW2 play sumthin else.

if u like it play GRAW2.

if a patch shows up - bonus.

but dragging the same ###### out on a forum day after day after day...its depressing to watch.

Edited by SCE_Lightspeed

naw just happened to find a bookmark to here and look in and see what's cooking. but I'll delete it.

now as for the go away attitudes..you're telling folks who've been duped for $100, divided by 2 games to play something else.

that's the problem. first game ...no demo, no chance for fair assessments, GRAW2, small demo, no real ability to assess this one either, bad support and whatever.

I'm amazed at how people try to "shut up" those who speak the truth around here. The blindness and wanton strategies to try and reduce damage control. UBISOFT cares no more for quality titles then they do for everyone here. I mean everyone. If anyon, for one second thinks UBISOFT cares about what you or I think, whether positive or negative then you're in for a rude awakening. I'm so sick and tired of people trying to tell me to take me and my $100 I paid for a title that should give more than a few hours of fun and go elsewhere. Kinda like security pushing you out the door because you say something they don't like. <_<

kinda like a guido the killer pimp scenario.. you pay's yo money, yo takes yo chances.

as for a patch, I do believe Grin was scheduled to patch for only a month. So perhaps that's it.

naw just happened to find a bookmark to here and look in and see what's cooking. but I'll delete it.

now as for the go away attitudes..you're telling folks who've been duped for $100, divided by 2 games to play something else.

that's the problem. first game ...no demo, no chance for fair assessments, GRAW2, small demo, no real ability to assess this one either, bad support and whatever.

I'm amazed at how people try to "shut up" those who speak the truth around here. The blindness and wanton strategies to try and reduce damage control. UBISOFT cares no more for quality titles then they do for everyone here. I mean everyone. If anyon, for one second thinks UBISOFT cares about what you or I think, whether positive or negative then you're in for a rude awakening. I'm so sick and tired of people trying to tell me to take me and my $100 I paid for a title that should give more than a few hours of fun and go elsewhere. Kinda like security pushing you out the door because you say something they don't like. <_<

kinda like a guido the killer pimp scenario.. you pay's yo money, yo takes yo chances.

as for a patch, I do believe Grin was scheduled to patch for only a month. So perhaps that's it.

1st Papa, you weren't duped. You could play the demo before you bought it. There is absolutely no WARRANTY on games. You pay for what you get.

2nd GRAW 2 gets more play from me then any other game i have bought in that same price range. GRAW1 was the same. I would say then it's a deal, not a dupe. I play every night. Sorry to hear you gave up after a "few hours" maybe you should make your own game that we would only play for a few hours ;) BTW in GRAW 1 you were making maps so i'm sure you have more then a few ;) ... and i thought you were done with GRAW2?

3rd UBI is a marketer. What more can i say. They want to resell, not support. Grin on the other hand is a developer and has been very helpful along the way within there budget.

4th i know 2 months ago Grin was working on a patch. Who's to say it isn't done and UBI isn't just teabagging it.

The next person who posts a GRAW2 is dead type post I find in here will be placed on post moderation.

I have said it before, stop turning every thread into a GRAW2 is dead thread. If you won't stop, I will make you stop. The dead horse will not be beaten anymore. If you dislike GRAW2, that is your business, but it is time to cease and desist with the tired mantra many of you keep repeating.

I am fully aware of how Ubi is treating gamers and am also against censorship of any sort, but this forum is paid for by someone other than you and you do not have "freedom of speech" here outside of what the rules here allow. I and others here are tired of having to clean out thread after thread and/or locking such threads and this is the last warning, at least from me.