Completed - HL2 Ep1!

Rocky

Finally, another game completed, now to get Orange Box and stuck in about Ep2.

BTW, did you guys know if you watch the end credits and wait for the game to restart, you get a HL2 Ep2 trailer?

Edit, Wow, it was about 18 months ago I said must finish Ep1!, Geez time flys.

Edited by Rocky

So Ive never used a halflife mod before despite having HL2 GOTY edition for a year or so now.

Are these mods just altered hl2 levels, or are they completley new levels?

And should I start with Minerva, or are there predecessors of it I should play first?

Thanks

hmmm, three poorly grammared sentences in a row...I hope the english police are not online...

In the case of Minerva, it's a whole new story that takes place in the HL2 universe. There are essentially 5 maps, but they're all continuous like HL2 and its episodes are. It turned out to be longer than I thought it would - initially I scoffed at the fact that there were only 5 levels. Minerva: Metastasis seems to be the first in a series that the mod team wants to do. I can't wait for the next installment!

So Ive never used a halflife mod before despite having HL2 GOTY edition for a year or so now.

Are these mods just altered hl2 levels, or are they completley new levels?

And should I start with Minerva, or are there predecessors of it I should play first?

Thanks

hmmm, three poorly grammared sentences in a row...I hope the english police are not online...

Completely new levels, even new features like onscreen text.

It's easy to install too, installer with desktop shortcut.

SMOD and Substance GOLD present modifications to the original HL2 content...new weapons mostly....

Substance reintroduces a few pesky creatures from HL, adds a bunch of gunship action, lots more Combine, fast zombies in bad places, poison zombies, head crabs, blah blah and four hazmat suits to choose from each with its own set of weaps.. this mod amps the action and difficulty way up....several difficulty levels to choose from also..

the snipers in SMOD change the difficulty of several levels, ecpecially the waterhazerd level where you go inside a buiding to beak open the channel lock gate..and really amps up the difficulty at the end of sandtrap/beginning of Nova Prospekt..trying to get along that beach is tough....unless you use a strider cannon! Lots of cool weapons to use and help you through...Gordon's Magic Wand is a real hoot...

Minerva, Coastline to Atmosphere, Nightmare House, Day Hard...and others are completely new levels....each with its moments...Day Hard is also a total conversion of sorts and there is another total cnversion I can't recall the name of that is for online play..completely different than HL2...then of course there is Garry's Mod which is a bit of a sandbox...both Minerva and Coastline..are recent story line additions that are worth playing IMO...Nightmare House is a single map, but kinda fun...welcome back to Ravenholmesque creepy ambience...

what all these mods need is a Hunter pack or two..hehe

mig :ph34r: